Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  12:08:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

He doesn't have to prove any god-damned such fucking thing.

Now here is an example of a hissy fit, Fripp.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  12:44:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I think the onus should now be on Obama to PROVE that he is a Christian.

On the off chance that you weren't kidding

Relax, IG. He is making fun on American politics.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 04/29/2011 12:44:53
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  12:55:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obama has brought forth the desired document and now the birthers are extinct. Well, not extinct exactly, and not gone. They have evolved, predictably, into the After-Birthers!

It’s an excellent title because it reminds us of wildebeest placentas rotting in the Serengeti sun, and the blowfly larvae attending them.
I'm trying to come up with a term to describe the Birthers' frenzied attempts to definitively uncover evidence that Obama's long form birth certificate is a forgery. 'After-Birthers' seems about right.

Gateway Pundit's Jim Hoft debunked the document in fifty two seconds on YouTube. He declares it's a fraud. Wow, wouldn't you think Obama could come up with something a little better than that? He does have the CIA at his disposal. Hoft easily unmasked the counterfeit because he's a graphic artist and can tell. I was always waiting for him or some other lunatic like Pam Geller to break into the hospital in Hawaii to try and locate the original. G. Gordon Liddy and his crew of plumbers are too old now.

Have you ever seen a cow calving out in the pasture? Often they are watched over by vultures. The birds are not after the calf, unless it is stillborn, but the placenta. Has anyone noticed any vultures circling Trump and the rest yet?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  12:56:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apparently, comprehension isn't your strong suit. I'll repost my dissection of the sentence that's put sand in your clit.

In the final sentence, I said "people like our own bill scott". I didn't say you. I said "people" (is that an insult?) similar to you (would you not agree that fans of Palin/bachmann/Trump et.al. are far more similar ideologically to you than to me?) "seem" (as in "in my perception") to "lap it up".

Regardless of how many times you repost it, there is not an accusation in there, false or otherwise. It is an observation and an opinion, but not a statement of fact.

So who wants to place bets that now you're going to say that I'm "backpedaling" and that I haven't "manned up" (another lame attempt to goad me).

Despite what you think, by your repeated responses (going on 3 pages now) to such an innocuous, throw-away comment, it is you that's looking like a whiny bitch.

You certainly personify "dish it out, but can't take it"

Exhibit A:

"your just bent because your Nobel Peace Prize winning anointed one is really a maverick war hawk who drops bombs on whoever he decides needs it."

Who is having a hissy fit now? Not me.

I beg to differ.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the evidence that there have been "plenty of threads in the forum where people are criticized and mocked on the day of their death."

OK let me set you straight here. You make false accusations about me on a thread in which I am not even participating in. I ask you numerous times to man up and back up the accusations against me with even just a shred of evidence, to which you refuse to back up your false accusations numerous times. And know your insisting that I address your request for evidence? Oh that is rich, even coming from you.

Nice dodge, bill. Who's making false claims now?

BTW, thanks for derailing the thread even after you claimed that you were not going to.

So what? So I changed my mind? Big f-ing deal. Had this topic been about something more substantive, I might have acted differently. But let's be serious here: this is about Donald Trump being a birther. Snooki is more substantive than this. But you're just grasping at straws now because you're looking like a four-star jackass.

But if you're going to cling to this whole "derailing" angle, have at it. You're running out of other options at this point.

Maybe you could nitpick my spelling or grammar. Or pull out the old "you're all over the board here" chestnut.

THE FOLLOWING IS SAID IN COMPLETE SERIOUSNESS WITHOUT ANY SARCASM:

It's nearing the end of the workday and I don't know if I'll get much chance to post this weekend, so you have a good weekend Bill.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  13:06:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Obama has brought forth the desired document and now the birthers are extinct. Well, not extinct exactly, and not gone. They have evolved, predictably, into the After-Birthers!

It’s an excellent title because it reminds us of wildebeest placentas rotting in the Serengeti sun, and the blowfly larvae attending them.
I'm trying to come up with a term to describe the Birthers' frenzied attempts to definitively uncover evidence that Obama's long form birth certificate is a forgery. 'After-Birthers' seems about right.

Gateway Pundit's Jim Hoft debunked the document in fifty two seconds on YouTube. He declares it's a fraud. Wow, wouldn't you think Obama could come up with something a little better than that? He does have the CIA at his disposal. Hoft easily unmasked the counterfeit because he's a graphic artist and can tell. I was always waiting for him or some other lunatic like Pam Geller to break into the hospital in Hawaii to try and locate the original. G. Gordon Liddy and his crew of plumbers are too old now.

Have you ever seen a cow calving out in the pasture? Often they are watched over by vultures. The birds are not after the calf, unless it is stillborn, but the placenta. Has anyone noticed any vultures circling Trump and the rest yet?

I am sorry Obama released the long form. But what that does do is push the idea that he wasn't born in Hawaii back on to the hard core lunatic camp and leaves the more average lunatics to figure out how to delegitimize Obama's presidency in other more creative ways...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  13:20:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

Now Trump is asking for his college and law school transcripts.

Really, What for????? Are they a requirement for the job?? If that's true it's a pathetic follow up. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  13:22:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

He doesn't have to prove any god-damned such fucking thing.

Now here is an example of a hissy fit, Fripp.

You obviously missed the conditional in my statement...still, it's good to know that he was kidding.

Sometimes it's hard to tell.

Oh yeah, Bill...glass houses and all. Do you want us to start bringing up some of your rants?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  13:24:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Now Trump is asking for his college and law school transcripts.

Really, What for????? Are they a requirement for the job?? If that's true it's a pathetic follow up. SS

To the mods, sorry for the long link. I forget how to do it and I'm leaving work now.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89ae8247abe8493fae24405546e9a1aa/Article_2011-04-25-Trump-Interview/id-7f9b485491bf41e88b617e436eff633b

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  13:37:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Regardless of how many times you repost it, there is not an accusation in there, false or otherwise. It is an observation and an opinion, but not a statement of fact.

Fine, have it your way. I responded to you in an effort to get you to produce one shred of evidence that your "observation/opinion" of me was not based solely off of fairy tales floating around in your head. You have failed to do so over and over and over again. Rather then provide one once of crediability for your opionn you would rather waste time playing semantic games. Thank you for proven what I already knew, and this that you ramble on with no forethought to what it even is that you are saying. Nor do you seem to care if is even remotely grounded in reality. You are just a pathetic bomb thrower, but that's just my opinion/observation of you. But I do offer you this entire thread as evidence to back up my opinion.

Have a nice weekend.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  15:58:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To the mods, sorry for the long link. I forget how to do it and I'm leaving work now.
Check here for a short tutorial.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 :  03:09:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The thing about the birthers is that they have made up their minds already, and any evidence contrary to their beliefs must therefore be wrong and false.

But I wonder, how many of them really do believe this stuff, and how many of them just say they do to increase the number of people with such beliefs to make it more plausible? Like, if so many people don't believe he's a citizen, maybe there's something to it.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 :  23:23:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Donald gets roasted by Obama at a recent press conference.
Funny!....
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/trump-gets-roasted-president-obama-white-h

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  04:17:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was great, thanks for the link!

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  11:31:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must ask: If Obama was white, do you think that the question would have ever come up?

I don't.

So tough titty, birthers; you're all a bunch of would-be crackers who care more for your vicious and imbecilic prejudices than the welfare of your country. I’m sick of hearing you whine about it, and I spit on everything that you stand for -- or pretend to stand for.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.