Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2011 :  18:32:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by justintime

The high emphasis on physical attributes to measure attractiveness is quite limiting. After all beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

But look at the facts. White men had no problems banging their black women slaves. So physical, cultural, economic barriers were not factors that influenced attraction.

Most black men end up getting black women to have their babies so they are copulating and finding them attractive.

There are more white men who turn gay which suggest they would rather bang guys than the less attractive white women or for other reasons beyond the scope of this discussion. But the math suggest more black women get banged than white women and the percentage of women who turn to their own sex for gratification are white which can only support the equation they are being ignored.

Sure most black men would like to service those neglected white women but statistics show the percentage is very low. Why? It is all about expectations. The white women expect to remain desirable even after they are stretched beyond recognition.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2011 :  23:25:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Might not such mate preferences correspond to type of mate selection or mate attraction, that is carried on ?
That is, species which physically contest and joust, in order to control a harem, for instance, would tend to have greater sexual dimorphism, because procreation depends on winning - and then the males usually would be bigger, relative to females. Whether or not there is any pressure for females to become bigger, there could be good strategic reasons that being bigger was not so good for females, sometimes ( during food shortages )
Edited by - CRUX on 09/23/2011 23:37:11
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  00:21:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I woke up and my cat brought breakfast in bed, a gift she caught from outside. Yummy! Now I come online and SFN brings me this. Looks like it's going to be one of those days. SS

P.S. Great! Now it's starting to rain.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 09/24/2011 00:25:46
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  07:31:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But look at the facts. White men had no problems banging their black women slaves. So physical, cultural, economic barriers were not factors that influenced attraction.

The biggest difference between a slave-owner's wife and the slave women was that the slave woman weren't in a position to complain about headaches when the slave owner man got the urge to bonk someone.

I think you're seriously overestimating the importance of physical beauty where rape is concerned.

There are more white men who turn gay which suggest they would rather bang guys than the less attractive white women or for other reasons beyond the scope of this discussion.
Quote scientific publication please. Or I will assume you pulled this one out of your ass.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  07:46:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

The biggest difference between a slave-owner's wife and the slave women was that the slave woman weren't in a position to complain about headaches when the slave owner man got the urge to bonk someone.

I think you're seriously overestimating the importance of physical beauty where rape is concerned.

There are more white men who turn gay which suggest they would rather bang guys than the less attractive white women or for other reasons beyond the scope of this discussion.
Quote scientific publication please. Or I will assume you pulled this one out of your ass.
justintime might not know that his anecdotal evidences, even if based on his own experience, hold little value in the discussion
Edited by - CRUX on 09/24/2011 07:47:37
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  08:28:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
justintime wrote:

Most black men end up getting black women to have their babies so they are copulating and finding them attractive.

There are more white men who turn gay which suggest they would rather bang guys than the less attractive white women or for other reasons beyond the scope of this discussion. But the math suggest more black women get banged than white women and the percentage of women who turn to their own sex for gratification are white which can only support the equation they are being ignored.

Sure most black men would like to service those neglected white women but statistics show the percentage is very low. Why? It is all about expectations. The white women expect to remain desirable even after they are stretched beyond recognition.

While I think HH's and SS's responses to this were the most appropriate, what the hell, I'll take a crack at it.

Frequency of sex has little to do with attractiveness. Evolutionary, in general men and women have different reproductive strategies. Since men can impregnate as many women as they can have sex with, they tend to be less picky when it comes to just having sex (opposed to picking a wife), and they tend to be more promiscuous. In contrast, since women must make a huge investment for every offspring they bring into the world, they tend to be more picky about who they choose to mate with. So excluding the rape factor (and I agree with Mab that you are overestimating how important physical attractiveness is to a rapist) if women are the gate-keepers when it comes to sex, who a man managed to have sex with isn't going to reflect his tastes with regards to physical beauty. I'm sure there are plenty of ugly, socially awkward guys with few resources and low status who would love to have sex exclusively with supermodels. Ain't gonna happen.

As for supposedly there being more white gay men than black gay men, where you getting that info from? Considering the much greater homophobia in the black community, I wouldn't be surprised that more black gay men are in the closet, but that doesn't prove there are less black gay people. Also, gay people don't turn gay. Plenty of growing evidence that sexual orientation is set if not from birth, during very early childhood development, and it is heavily influenced by genes.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  09:31:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am not speaking from personal experience but using plain old statistics and deductive reasoning.

1. 10% of Americans are gay...mainly white men

2. White men are least attracted to black women so they should naturally be attracted to white women.

3. But a good 10% of white men prefer men
Which suggest they are not attracted to white women.

4. The majority of white gays find white male partners(more to choose from) so it is a rejection of white females given it is a conscious choice they make.

5. If it just a sexual preference to be gay. Natural selection must have a lot to do with it. But that is a contradiction because how can homosexuality be a reproductive advantage thereby becoming more common in the population.

6. If culture affects genes and vice versa. Then what is the causal factor that turned white men away from white women to chose men instead? It had to be a diminishing in attraction or something similar.
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  10:34:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am not speaking from personal experience but using plain old statistics and deductive reasoning.

2. White men are least attracted to black women so they should naturally be attracted to white women.

3. But a good 10% of white men prefer men
Which suggest they are not attracted to white women.

4. The majority of white gays find white male partners(more to choose from) so it is a rejection of white females given it is a conscious choice they make.

5. If it just a sexual preference to be gay. Natural selection must have a lot to do with it. But that is a contradiction because how can homosexuality be a reproductive advantage thereby becoming more common in the population.

justintime, you seem to think that if you can come up with a question that you do not know the answer to, then you become correct in your declarations. Is that they way you think ? just asking !

To your question: if I can think of a reason why it could be advantageous, then you go down again. Homosexuals, if they play stable babysitter and maybe even give some income donation to family kids, do offer an advantage for their own genes. The brothers, sisters, cousins, all share similarities of genetic make-up with the homosexual.

Edited by - CRUX on 09/24/2011 10:42:22
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  11:03:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have to first understand what the topic is about. (Black women). Why many white men choose to turn or be gay is the next question which is perplexing in the context of black women and white. These are observation and questions being raises and how it could possibly fit into the theory of Natural Selection which is the advancement of the species. If homosexuals do not procreate then whatever their genetic material will be lost. So how does it advance their kind in the context of natural selection.

You can postulate on social, economic advantages gays offer etc. But whatever advantage they have to offer will be lost through natural selection because they are unable to reproduce. Not to forget AIDs as a disincentive to such sexual preferences.

No offense intended to gays or interracial couples. It is an attempt to respond to the topic. And as stated "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."
Edited by - justintime on 09/24/2011 11:17:47
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  11:06:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So you do think that if you can raise some kind of question that you don't know the answer to, then you are ready to make declarations, pro or con. Is that right ?
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  13:45:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I can't account for your deductive reasoning until I've seen the scientific report you're basing it on. Post a link to a report, pointing out which part of it supports your contention.

(emphasis mine)
Until you can link to a peer-reviewed scientific report which confirm this statement: I call it bullshit.

That's a no-brainer. They are women, period.

The rest of the post is just evidence that you need a serious refresher course in Biology-101, if you even took one to begin with.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  16:36:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you accept that there are more gays in the US armed forces than those who were discharged. I think it is called closet gays. Do you believe the repealing of don't ask don't tell will start to reflect the true numbers serving because of the protection under the law. The truth is not everyone has left their closets.

1. http://www.equip.org/articles/what-percentage-of-people-are-homosexuals-

There isn't much information on homosexuality as a % of race. It would be either racist or extremely prejudicial to the race. So I have to be resourceful.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  17:07:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Can you accept that there are more gays in the US armed forces than those who were discharged. I think it is called closet gays. Do you believe the repealing of don't ask don't tell will start to reflect the true numbers serving because of the protection under the law. The truth is not everyone has left their closets.

1. http://www.equip.org/articles/what-percentage-of-people-are-homosexuals-
You linked to an article which claims that the real number of homosexuals is closer to 1% than 10%, which would make your very first premise factually wrong.

I happen to not agree with the Christian Research Institute, but referencing that article is just sloppy.
There isn't much information on homosexuality as a % of race. It would be either racist or extremely prejudicial to the race. So I have to be resourceful.
Actually, the racial demographics of homosexuality would be no more racist than the racial breakdown of the country as a whole, which is a standard census question and an important data point since there still exist cultural differences that need to be understood. But you're right, either my Google-fu is weak tonight, or there just isn't any public data on homosexuality broken down by race.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  17:44:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would rather be accused by you of sloppy and limited access than obfuscation. It is a matter of integrity and even when my sources are weak I do not hesitate to reveal them. But I believe ardently in

"The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise."
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  18:49:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I would rather be accused by you of sloppy and limited access than obfuscation. It is a matter of integrity and even when my sources are weak I do not hesitate to reveal them. But I believe ardently in

"The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise."
I very much appreciate that, but you're going to need to better support your claims before you assert that you're "using plain old statistics and deductive reasoning." After all, for deductive reasoning to provide a sound result, the premises must be true.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.