New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

crazynutsx

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  08:37:31  Show Profile Send crazynutsx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just finished creating a brand new creation/evolution debate forum

Do you love this subject ?
What are your views ?

- Do you think the earth is young ?
- Do you think evolution is fact or fiction ?
- Did man exist with dinosaurs ?
- Do you think the bible is nonsense ?

have your say here at
www.creationvsevolution.freeforums.org/index.php

Simply register and get involved
We look forward to hearing your opinions

Fixed link

Kil

Where did the energy come from ?

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  08:50:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by crazynutsx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just finished creating a brand new creation/evolution debate forum

Do you love this subject ?
What are your views ?

- Do you think the earth is young ?
- Do you think evolution is fact or fiction ?
- Did man exist with dinosaurs ?
- Do you think the bible is nonsense ?

have your say here at
creationvsevolution.freeforums.org/index.php

Simply register and get involved
We look forward to hearing your opinions

Would you provide a link or an address?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  08:57:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
Would you provide a link or an address?
Never-mind.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

crazynutsx

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  09:57:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send crazynutsx a Private Message  Reply with Quote

there you go

Where did the energy come from ?
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  10:07:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by crazynutsx

there you go
I already fixed your link. But just so you know, you need to put a www. in front of the address for it to work as a hot link.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  10:23:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a way, Creation versus Evolution is just as meaningful as pitting a toddler vs an Olympic champion in 100m dash.

Science and Divine Inspiration are two incompatible paradigms, and only one of them produces usable knowledge of the real world.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Judge Bromley circa 1612

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  12:37:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Judge Bromley circa 1612 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have almost completed my rant on creationism. It is,in total, about 20 pages long(A4) including references. It is in response to the leaflet "Was life created" put out by a certain religious subsect. I am just looking for a suitable site to post it on. Would anyone be interested in reading it?
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  21:31:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Judge Bromley circa 1612

I have almost completed my rant on creationism. It is,in total, about 20 pages long(A4) including references. It is in response to the leaflet "Was life created" put out by a certain religious subsect. I am just looking for a suitable site to post it on. Would anyone be interested in reading it?
Please send a copy of it to me at: david_gluck@skepticfriends.org. We'll have a look at it for publishing consideration.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Judge Bromley circa 1612

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  15:59:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Judge Bromley circa 1612 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have now completed my rant on creationism .Having checked it thoroughly over the past few weeks I don't think there is anything libellous about it( I do mention how scientifically illiterate Kent Hovind is and back it up with a video link to Why do people laugh at creationists 12 by Thunderfoot). I intend to publish it online on or around the 20th August 2011( that is a very prophetic date for my namesake). I have contacted you Kil but I'm not sure your email is correct so I have pm'd you. Again I'm not sure if you have received it?

I will either publish on this site , if I am allowed, or give a link.

Best wishes all from Judge Edward Bromley circa 1612 (hanger of witches)
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  17:10:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Judge Bromley circa 1612

I have now completed my rant on creationism .Having checked it thoroughly over the past few weeks I don't think there is anything libellous about it( I do mention how scientifically illiterate Kent Hovind is and back it up with a video link to Why do people laugh at creationists 12 by Thunderfoot). I intend to publish it online on or around the 20th August 2011( that is a very prophetic date for my namesake). I have contacted you Kil but I'm not sure your email is correct so I have pm'd you. Again I'm not sure if you have received it?

I will either publish on this site , if I am allowed, or give a link.

Best wishes all from Judge Edward Bromley circa 1612 (hanger of witches)
I did receive your PM and I responded. Check your PM box.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  14:26:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sounds interesting, I posted my new blog there, it's on abiogenesis:

http://sciencebasedfaith.blogspot.com/2011/07/why-evolution-is-moot.html

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  15:25:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

"Magic man did it" is better than "we're trying to find out how it happened?"

Can you name a current textbook which includes the words "primordial soup" and the pages on which they appear?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  16:23:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

"Magic man did it" is better than "we're trying to find out how it happened?"

Can you name a current textbook which includes the words "primordial soup" and the pages on which they appear?

Or even one reference from the primary literature? I'm betting no.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  05:11:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Lobbyist take note."
Never rely on science when a politcal debate on policy is your arguments sole advantage. Poof the magic Sky-Daddy indeed.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  07:14:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There are many things to comment on in that piece of text I find mostly offensive. But I'll restrain myself and reply with this:

OffC wrote in the blog:
Having a dozen or more hypotheses shows that they simply cannot provide any kind of evidence and are simply changing their ideas when one doesn't work out."

Having many different hypotheses is how science work, it's a part of the scientific process. That we have many of them only means that we're in the beginning of the process and are currently weeding out the less successful explanations.

Despite your misrepresentations and disingenuous backstabbing of evolutionary scientists, you are correct that the theory of biological evolution is a separate discipline from the origin of life itself.
Therefore it makes perfect sense to accept the theory of evolution based on all its evidence, and still believe in God.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  08:34:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm happy to see OFFC has finally chosen to abandon his less than factual and delusional cartoon picture of Mr. Jesus Schwarzenegger doing what in reality never happened. Taring himself from the cross. One self serving and gratifying delusion down, untold others to go. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.