The Preview button doesn't work for me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sugarino

33 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  10:40:37  Show Profile Send sugarino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Preview button doesn't work for me .

I'm running IE8.When I click on the preview button to make sure my post doesn't suck, bottom left corner of my page always says "Error on page."

Thank you

Edited by - sugarino on 06/18/2011 10:42:29

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  14:06:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, me too. It started today. I had some upgrades that required me to reboot. At first I thought it was because of that but I first noticed it before I rebooted. Not only that but I noticed in Rat's "unbelievable idiocy" thread, my bolding of his name shows wrong and I went to edit it and it's coded right. (???) So I can't correct it. Preview isn't working to view this now. Let's see if rat's bolding works here properly. Any one else having preview not working. I use firefox w/windows xp. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  18:25:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... I'm running Firefox 4.0.1 with no preview problems.

And SS, I see where the bold codes are screwed up in your post. I'll go fix 'em.

Edited to add: SS, you had a close-bracket where you needed an open-bracket (so my above comment should have been singular). You had "]/b]" instead of "[/b]" to close the bold on Elmo's name. Simple typo, hard to spot.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  18:40:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, I'm running Vista here, with the latest updates from Microsoft installed just last night.

And I just fired up IE 9, and I've got no preview. I don't see "Error on page," it's just that both the preview and "Reset Fields" buttons don't work at all. Only the do-it button works, both on the full reply page and on the quick-reply form.

Very interesting, indeed. I'll start looking at the code...

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  19:16:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes DAVE I guess I did miss the ']' for a '[' when I checked but you are getting what I got on 'Preview' (still happening at this writing), never use 'Reset Fields', you are detailed. A very good trait of a true professional, I know. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  19:56:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Dave. Preview isn't working for me either.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  19:59:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay. I tried it with Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It just doesn't work.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  20:16:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Okay. I tried it with Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It just doesn't work.
It's still working for me with Firefox 4.0.1, honest. I wish I could find something in the code that stands out.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  20:46:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have Firefox and it does not work for me either.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  20:50:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great, nevermind. I had to reboot and now 4.0.1 has preview-button failure, too.

Okay, I reverted back to the last version of our site software that I had copies of, and the preview button works again. You may need to "refresh" or "reload" once or twice.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

sugarino

33 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  21:56:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sugarino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, thank you very much.. If I don't check my posts, I will always have a 'edited by sugarino at etc.." lol
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  23:00:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Testing 123 Okay, the preview works now.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  00:01:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Working for me now too. Good work Dave. We need someone who get's things done. Have you thought of running for president? SS

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  10:23:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Working for me now too. Good work Dave. We need someone who get's things done. Have you thought of running for president? SS
I'd vote for Dave AFTER he finishes editing Simons article. (I'm such a nag...)

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  09:20:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Umm, preview button is out for me again. SS

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  09:28:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't do anything about it for at least eight hours.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.