Is this the best you got
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

darwinalogos

17 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  11:37:45  Show Profile Send darwinalogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How can you intelligent persons still reject Jesus

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  11:56:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by darwinalogos

Having read the bible reverance became impossible, willful ignorance unpalitable.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  12:15:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Maybe that's a question you should be asking yourself?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

darwinalogos

17 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  13:06:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwinalogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's just say he rose from the dead and none of you have. So I'm going to have to follow him, nothing personal
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  13:16:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Let's just say he rose from the dead and none of you have. So I'm going to have to follow him, nothing personal
But isn't the only evidence that he rose from the dead from a single book that says he rose from the dead?

I'm not really meaning to get into a debate about this, but if you ask how intelligent people can reject such a claim... Well... Come on!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  13:25:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Let's just say I've spent my whole life with delusional prats chasing me around, all terribly concerned that I might not believe all the right things. If you want to follow Jesus instead of me, I'm more than OK with that. Nothing personal.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

darwinalogos

17 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  13:46:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwinalogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops This in response To Kil. Sorry Hal I don't understand your reply? Well it's at least 4 people: Peter, John, Matthew, and Paul. And Paul is YOUR biggest problem why would an orthodox jew who was persecuiting the early Jewish church suddenly become it's greatest apologist?
Edited by - darwinalogos on 09/04/2011 13:50:46
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  14:12:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oops This in response To Kil. Sorry Hal I don't understand your reply? Well it's at least 4 people: Peter, John, Matthew, and Paul. And Paul is YOUR biggest problem why would an orthodox jew who was persecuiting the early Jewish church suddenly become it's greatest apologist?
They're all still stories that come from one book. I don't think it's logical to use a book as evidence to support itself. Do you?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

darwinalogos

17 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  14:37:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwinalogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Paul wrote at least 10 letters to different people about his conversion experiences and Peter acknowledges his testimony. Matthew and John provide their independent testimony plus according to Daniel the Messiah was prophesised to be cut off 483 years earlier which is when JC came around. Don't forget just because WE call it the BIBLE it's 66 different books written by 40 different authors spanning 4000 years.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  15:47:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well Paul wrote at least 10 letters to different people about his conversion experiences and Peter acknowledges his testimony. Matthew and John provide their independent testimony plus according to Daniel the Messiah was prophesised to be cut off 483 years earlier which is when JC came around. Don't forget just because WE call it the BIBLE it's 66 different books written by 40 different authors spanning 4000 years.
We can find hundreds of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens who will corroborate each others stories, too.

And the number of people who testify to the events in Red Storm Rising is large, as well, including its prophecies of the events in it. By your logic, we must conclude that there has already been a Russian oil field explosion which led to World War III.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  17:13:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
darwinalogos.....

How can you intelligent persons still reject Jesus?(/sic)
It is by the exact same cognitive processing that compels us to reject the view of a "paradise" peopled by young virgin women lusting to copulate with Arabic Muslim men who successfully commit suicide and mass murder by explosive self-destruction.

Such sub-par thinkers do not have the intelligence to understand that they are manipulated into gladly killing themselves and others in order to further promote the self-serving monetary and power ambitions of aggressive politicians motivated by greed, avarice, and an insane drive to control the thinking and actions of others.

You, darwinetc., have been successfully manipulated into a somewhat less draconic, nonetheless completely irrational mode of thinking and behaviour called "Christianity" by a very similar coterie of politicians and power mongering activists who own and operate the various "Christian Religions" dedicated to the purpose of significantly controlling the minds and bodies of as many vulnerable people that they can con into believing their lies and fables and thus following their leadership.

The carrot tendered to the horses' asses that buy this nonsense is the promise of eternal life after real life ends - in a Paradise strikingly similar to the fairyland as described by the Muslims. Sans virgins available for sexual pleasure, perhaps; but promised as an existence of eternal peace and happiness associating with the mythical Jesus and the superpaternal God of the Fathers.

To make up for the lack of virgins lusting to be ravaged by horny male Muslim martyrs, the fable of Christianity offers incomparable eternal joy and happiness in the "City of God", and as a bonus it is available to both dead men and dead women (whom, excluding lesbian women) who would presumably would have little interest in sexual dalliance with virgins) Fail, however, in obeying the dictate ofs the politicians promulgating God, and you will burn forever in a wildly imaginative lake of liquid fire, or the like.

These rewards for capitulation to the rigors of a Muslim or Christian life seem to appeal with great success to those who are poorly educated or just miserably ignorant because of sub-standard intelligence.

Those well-educated and highly intelligent leaders operating in the higher echelons of the ranks of organined religions frequently reveal themselves to be complete hypocrites; merely milking the apparatus they have created for the maximum secular rewards of power, money and control of others that they can extract. Popes, Bishops, Priests, Ayatollas, Imams. Ministers, Rabbis - it matters not what title is bestowed; the true function of a religious leader is to impose his theology upon others for the purpose of political and social control, and always the enrichment of his own pocketbook.
Edited by - bngbuck on 09/04/2011 23:31:08
Go to Top of Page

darwinalogos

17 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  18:28:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwinalogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did Alexandr the great conquer the the persian impiouer and did Hannable cross The Alpes with eleaphants. These are historical facts if you want to ask Molder and Scully to refute them be my guest
Go to Top of Page

darwinalogos

17 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  18:36:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwinalogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Did Alexandr the great conquer the the persian impiouer and did Hannable cross The Alpes with eleaphants. These are historical facts if you want to ask Molder and Scully to refute them be my guest
This message was to DaveW the other guy has some kind sexual issues with islam
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  18:41:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So, the historical record of Jesus' virgin birth, resurrection, and various & sundry miracles is as clear and well-supported as the lives of Alexander and Hannibal?

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

darwinalogos

17 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  18:48:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwinalogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it's a start for you skeptics Hal. If you find immproable events has happening I guess it's like being in the BIG BANG I know YOU SKEPTICS KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT
Go to Top of Page

darwinalogos

17 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  19:02:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send darwinalogos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually Hal if you had read my previous post you whould have seen that the historical evidence for JC is vastlly in front o HB and AX the great
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.