Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  13:21:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

As a Christian I do tolerate homosexuals without supporting them.

Ah, so you support laws that would protect gays from discrimination in the workplace,

Did you read what I just said? But in this particular case I actually do.

discrimination in adopting and fostering children, and which would give them the rights of legal marriage, yes?

No. When homosexuals can procreate with each other come back to me and we can reopen this matter.

Because while I'm very critical of most religious doctrines and I certainly don't like when someone I care about converts to a religious I find distasteful, I still want them to be legally protected from religious discrimination, and I think they should be allowed to get married and adopt kids and raise them with that religion if they so choose.

If we are talking about a man and women then I agree with you. I would give these rights to Muslim, Buddhist or even an Atheist man and women. They can procreate with each other and what do you know, children. The homosexual couple cannot procreate and are not indeended to make up a family unit. There are things kids learn from their dad and things they learn from their mom. Two dads or two moms was never the intent and goes against all things natural, just ask Dave about what is natural and unnatural. That's his specialty.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  13:24:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Then why did you ask?

I just like to hear you say it.

I never started.

And neither have I.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  13:29:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

discrimination in adopting and fostering children, and which would give them the rights of legal marriage, yes?

No. When homosexuals can procreate with each other come back to me and we can reopen this matter.
What does the ability to procreate have to do with adoption, fostering or marriage?
The homosexual couple cannot procreate and are not indeended to make up a family unit.
Says who? How can you say that two loving people do not intend to create a family?
There are things kids learn from their dad and things they learn from their mom.
So single parents should be outlawed, yes?
Two dads or two moms was never the intent and goes against all things natural...
How so, when homosexual behavior has been observed in at least 100 other species?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  13:43:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, has this thread taken a turn for the ugly..........

How so, when homosexual behavior has been observed in at least 100 other species?

Funny, and don't take offense Dave but my Big Yellow Dog is also named Dave.

We used to also have a male chocolate lab. I often wondered what my neighbors thought when they heard me out in the yard yelling " DAVE! STOP HUMPING YOUR BROTHER!!"

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  14:23:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Men are funny.
We are, aren't we?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  14:40:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Funny, and don't take offense Dave but my Big Yellow Dog is also named Dave.

We used to also have a male chocolate lab. I often wondered what my neighbors thought when they heard me out in the yard yelling " DAVE! STOP HUMPING YOUR BROTHER!!"
This is an outrage, sir! I demands satisfaction!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  18:18:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill wrote:
When you oppose allowing sterile people to get married I'll believe you when you say you are "tolerant" of gays.

If we are talking about a man and women then I agree with you. I would give these rights to Muslim, Buddhist or even an Atheist man and women.
Oh how generous of you. Man, you really are the model of tolerance! Are you okay with Satanists getting married too? Just checking.

They can procreate with each other and what do you know, children.
Yes, almost any man can stick his penis in almost any woman of child-bearing age's vagina, and eventually produce a child. What excellent qualifications for being parents! Alcoholics, manipulators, convicts, you are fine with all them getting married and having kids, but not gays! But you are tolerant of gays. Really!

The homosexual couple cannot procreate and are not indeended to make up a family unit. There are things kids learn from their dad and things they learn from their mom. Two dads or two moms was never the intent and goes against all things natural, just ask Dave about what is natural and unnatural. That's his specialty.
Your claim that you are "tolerant" of gays is total bullshit. You are not tolerant of them if you support policies that would prevent them from equal rights. Children are never just raised by parents. There are always other adults involved: grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors, babysitters, teachers, etc. Children have plenty of male and female role models in their lives. There is no evidence that children are harmed by not having a man and woman who are married living in the home they grow up in. There is evidence that children of gays do suffer, but the evidence is that they suffer from discrimination. From "tolerant" people like you, asshole. Oh yeah, would you support laws that would prevent single from adopting or fostering children? Also, would you support laws that prevent gay people from conceiving their own children? Because these days, affluent gay couples have all sorts of fertility options to take advantage of. And if you would support such laws banning, say, lesbians from getting artificially inseminated, or banning gay men from hiring a surrogate, wouldn't it only be consistent to ban heterosexuals from conceiving and raising children out of wedlock? Your argument falls apart under any close examination. The idea that you support gays even fostering to adopt kids, when there are thousands of foster kids just waiting to be adopted, is particular sick. It's not like those kids are being torn from one your nice, little heterosexual parents. Tolerant my ass.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  18:22:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I know - gays can be permitted to get married and adopt kids so long as the gay male couples live with a lesbian couple! Then the kids can grow up with 2 dads and 2 moms! Problem solved. :-)

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  18:24:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill:
There are things kids learn from their dad and things they learn from their mom.
Like what? And what that can't be learned from other adults in the kid's life, like grandparents?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  18:52:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's say, Bill, that there's a married couple, and before they have children, the man gets in an automobile accident which destroys his testicles. Should the government step in and annul the marriage, Bill, since there's no chance of procreation, whether they ever intended to have kids or not?

Oh I know - gays can be permitted to get married and adopt kids so long as the gay male couples live with a lesbian couple! Then the kids can grow up with 2 dads and 2 moms! Problem solved. :-)
Problem, hell! That's twice as good as a normal family.

And if the state supplies them a turkey baster, they won't even need to adopt!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  19:41:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is fun. I like how you all are tearing Bill scott's arguments apart...

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  20:20:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From this article about same-sex couples raising children in America:

Same-sex couples are 1.5 times more likely than their different-sex counterparts to have a non-related foster child in the home.
Yeah, seems Bill's ban on gay couples fostering kids would screw over a lot of children in need of good homes.

It's a good article. I could have quoted the entire thing as a rebuttle to Bill's bigotry.

Hey, Bill, I have a question for you. The article also mentions that one in four gay couples are raising children already (it's probably more by now since this data is 10 years old and there has been a rising trend of gay couples raising children.) Do you advocate all those kids being forcibly removed from their parents? Just curious.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  21:46:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by alienist

I like how you all are tearing Bill scott's arguments apart...
These particular arguments are like tissue paper. They are pathetic attempts at justifying bigotry. Bill can't consistently rationalize the procreation excuse without calling for the outlawing of heterosexual childless marriages. He can't consistently rationalize the mom-and-dad excuse without calling for somehow penalizing hetero single parents.

Bill at least has his religion as an excuse for his bigotry. There exist some atheists who try these same sort of lame justifications, but they've got nothing to back this stuff up other than they think gay sex is icky. That's one thing all the anti-gay folks have in common other than religion, though: they don't see anything about gay people other than what kind of people they like to have sex with. Seeing "normal" people, they can see intelligence, warmth, responsibility, wisdom, compassion and all sorts of other qualities that might make someone a good parent to any child (biological, adopted, foster, whatever), but as soon as a person says "gay," all that the Bills of the world can see is penises bumping against each other.

My prediction is that he will quickly decide that something other than this thread (or at least this particular subject) is demanding his time.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  05:39:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott
If we are talking about a man and women then I agree with you. I would give these rights to Muslim, Buddhist or even an Atheist man and women.
So, you approve of polygamy but not gay marriage?

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  05:47:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeing "normal" people, they can see intelligence, warmth, responsibility, wisdom, compassion and all sorts of other qualities that might make someone a good parent to any child (biological, adopted, foster, whatever), but as soon as a person says "gay," all that the Bills of the world can see is penises bumping against each other.
I believe "fudge-packing" was the expression he used.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.