Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  13:18:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
justintime:
I have provided links that point to DNA influence and not just morphology.

That link says no such thing. That link argues that morphology is more important that DNA. It does not conclude that human DNA is closer to an orangutan.

You stated:

justintime:
But modern DNA findings put orangutans closer to humans than chimpanzees.

Thats false. It was false the last time you made that claim and it will be false the next time you make it, which is apparently bound to happen.

I thought we were done with this nonsense? ONE anthropologist is arguing against the consensus. It's okay to do that, but that doesn't mean it flies. So far, no one in his field has agreed with him. (But he does have you. And you are misrepresenting what he is saying.)

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  13:58:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But that is where you are wrong. I have provided links that point to DNA influence and not just morphology.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090618084304.htm
No, you haven't. There is not a single line from that article that points to DNA influence to support the claim that humans and orangutans are more closely related than humans and chimps.

What is very puzzling from your examples and what I am trying to establish which apes are whose ancestors.
I am continuously impressed by your mastery of the English language /sarcasm off.

Implying our diversity might be associated with parallel, convergent, or futuristic theories on ape evolution.
All you've been doing of late is showing off your complete lack of understanding of what parallel and convergent evolution are.

You are just compounding the problem by introducing other variables such as our canine friends, dogs.
Giving an example to illustrate a point is not the same as introducing other variables. I have introduced no new variables. I have attempted (and failed) to explain to you your total misunderstanding of parallel and convergent evolution and why your claims that they could have anything to do with the evolution of human races are idiotic. You are apparently either too stupid or too in love with your own ideas to comprehend what is being said over and over in many different ways by many different people, because instead of countering our objections, you just keep repeating the same false claims and poor reasoning.

We now have to accommodate religion, dogs and simians in the natural process of sexual selection.
Are you seriously this stupid? I mean, really.

Kinsey institute on human sexuality might easily conclude. Doggy style, missionary position and gorilla brute force are evolutionary trends closely associated with the evolutionary period to which we owe our sexual development and the propagation of the species. That these methods are still prevalent in modern practices suggest their contributions favored natural selection.
And the troll presents an only somewhat comprehensible mishmash of word salad and misplaced punctuation that has seemingly nothing to do with what we were debating.

More research might be required since women are not necessarily the best source for sexual selection theories
Huh?

and erotica with women is yet an unproven measure of sexual stimulation which can vary from a feather to a baseball bat.
Huh?

I say we pause here. You might have new insights.
I might, if I knew WTF you were talking about. Rephrase in proper English, please. And then explain WTF it has to do with what we were discussing.

Unless you are just dodging the issue because you're backed into a corner. In which case, just admit you're full of shit.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  17:11:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You guys have to stop distracting justintime. This fascinating claim of his could make him a Nobel winner:
There is just too much diversity in the human race to point to a single black woman in Africa the evolutionary EVE.
Let's see him support it with actual research and empirical data.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  07:11:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More on the Orangutans.

Genetic Archaeology Finds Parts of Human Genome More Closely Related to Orangutans Than Chimps

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110126131548.htm

And thank you DaveW. There is a reason why scientist have never found the missing link. The Evolutionary EVE or LUCY never quite came close to the Biblical EVE.

Which brings an interesting point. The garden of Eden's location by many scholars points to between Najaf and Kufa in Iraq in the Middle East. Christians supported the bombing of Iraq and even Bush claimed God spoke to him to bomb Iraq.

Because there cannot be 2 gardens of Eden. The real one is in Jerusalem according to Jewish and Christian scholars. And with the bombing of Iraq we are now closer to the desired truth.

The simplest explanation with the least number of assumptions is often the best explanation.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  07:47:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by justintime

More on the Orangutans.

Genetic Archaeology Finds Parts of Human Genome More Closely Related to Orangutans Than Chimps

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110126131548.htm
Yes, "Parts of" is the data you keep on ignoring.
And thank you DaveW. There is a reason why scientist have never found the missing link. The Evolutionary EVE or LUCY never quite came close to the Biblical EVE.
There was no Biblical Eve.
Which brings an interesting point. The garden of Eden's location by many scholars points to between Najaf and Kufa in Iraq in the Middle East. Christians supported the bombing of Iraq and even Bush claimed God spoke to him to bomb Iraq.

Because there cannot be 2 gardens of Eden. The real one is in Jerusalem according to Jewish and Christian scholars. And with the bombing of Iraq we are now closer to the desired truth.

The simplest explanation with the least number of assumptions is often the best explanation.
The simplest explanation is that there was no garden of Eden.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  07:48:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There is just too much diversity in the human race to point to a single black woman in Africa the evolutionary EVE.
Support this claim with evidence, please.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  08:36:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Support this claim with evidence, please.

I am basing my reasoning along the lines of the link provided earlier.

http://www.articlesafari.com/2010/09/critique-of-the-african-origin-theory/

There are just too many controversies even among evolutionist and how from a few scraps of bone and fossil findings construct an entire classifiable taxa, subspecies etc. etc.

It is also possible those variables in bone fragments could well be just the normal variances we see in a general population, which includes deformities, disease, dwarfism, freakish development etc. etc.

If our skeptics here are quite satisfied with the existing theory of evolution. That is fine. The debate would have ended with Darwin.

Scientist are still evolving the theory to accommodate new discoveries with new scientific advancement.

Mine is a modern theory where the science has yet to catch up.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  09:18:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This guy thinks his ideas do not "defy Darwinian logic," but they do by the simple fact that they require the exact same chromosomal fusion to occur multiple times, independently.
If our skeptics here are quite satisfied with the existing theory of evolution. That is fine. The debate would have ended with Darwin.
Bwahahahahahahaha!
Scientist are still evolving the theory to accommodate new discoveries with new scientific advancement.
Of course they are.
Mine is a modern theory where the science has yet to catch up.
In other words: bullshit.

I asked for evidence of your claim that humans would have diversified "too much" in the last 200K years if "Out of Africa" were true, and instead you've given me nothing but complaints, straw men and a whacky Indian racist screed.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:14:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And around and around the merry-go-round we go.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:20:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
justintitme:

So you've gone back to that one eh? You are basing your "reasoning" on a ridiculous article published on a racist site, written by a photographer.
justintime:
Correct. And looking over today's posts by you, the simplest explanation that makes the least number of assumptions is that you are a troll.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  15:26:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

justintitme:

So you've gone back to that one eh? You are basing your "reasoning" on a ridiculous article published on a racist site, written by a photographer.
justintime:
Correct. And looking over today's posts by you, the simplest explanation that makes the least number of assumptions is that you are a troll.

Has anyone challenged that article?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  19:29:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I just did, above.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  19:30:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone on this forum or any professionals in the field of biology? Kil and I both challenged the article. You can go back and read through this thread to see that plainly. No biologists are going to bother challenging some idiotic blather from a photographer on a racist website. Why would they?

Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  07:03:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I just did, above.

Studies have been done on races and their predisposition to certain physical, mental, genetic health conditions.

To say there is no diversity between the races is to ignore much of scientific data.

I don't see how a person who claims to be a skeptic can also believe his position is defensible. When a skeptic does not know the material under consideration. It is ignorance that he is defending.

To refuse to look beyond the obvious and challenge each sentence with a simplistic response is to view every piece of information in isolation.

There are many disciplines. Some parallel, some dependent, some interconnected that shape our understanding of the world.

The skeptics are possibly operation in a single dimension. They eiother don't know, they cannot verify it, what limited knowledge they do have does not arrive at the same conclusion. In short it is not the facts but the skeptics own ability to process it that is being debated.

Have the skeptics contributed in any way to issues like Global Warming, MMR vaccine and links to autism. The birther movement. The moon landing. Roswell. the missing link etc. etc.

Skeptics are just armchair critics a little less committed than conspiracy theorist who actually offer an alternate explanation and can be challenged on their own position.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  07:11:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

To say there is no diversity between the races...
I never said that. Did anyone else say that?
I don't see how a person who claims to be a skeptic...
I'm not going to address the rest of your unsupportable ad hominem attacks. You obviously don't understand the simple refutation of the Indian photographer's ideas, but instead of asking for clarification, you are lashing out irrationally, ignorantly and personally in a massive fit of hypocrisy.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds.