Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 39

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  14:29:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

But he must have put in a lot of effort in to all of this.
As have, say, Christians. The amount of effort one puts into one's delusions has no bearing on those delusions' veracity.
He seems very knowledgeba, he has the quualification and has worked with the US Air force...
No doubt.
...who were interested in his discoveries.
Where is there independent verification of that claim?
The most disturbing thing of all is how this technology can have disasters for humans if you not used properly...
If you take the time to read the information you yourself linked to, you'll realize that the technology doesn't actually exist.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  14:56:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by justintime

Einsteins theory of relativity provides a strong basic for time travel.

Really? Please do explain how...

An example. The light from an exploded star takes some many millions of light years to reach us and all that is after the event has happened and the star ceases to exit. If we could travel to that star faster than the time it took us to see the exploding light we could actually see the event unfolding before us as in back in time.
If we travel towards the star, we'll see light from it that has travelled less time than when it reaches earth. Which is longer time after the star exploded. Which is opposite of travelling back in time.

You need to rethink your explanation.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  15:21:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest, a lot of it has to do with fear, fear of what could happen to all of us. While drinking in a pub a frieghtening thought came to my mind. What i these goverments and organizations do something with the past that changes our relality. For example imgine you read a history book and suddenly it changes or disappears becuase of the tampering of history. Or the thing that scares me even more, what if something happens that completly erases you and I from existence? And I manage to find Anderson's main company.

And just to give the man more back up for his credential, here is the name of his main company. http://www.andersonmultinational.com/
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  16:10:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

To be honest, a lot of it has to do with fear, fear of what could happen to all of us. While drinking in a pub a frieghtening thought came to my mind. What i these goverments and organizations do something with the past that changes our relality. For example imgine you read a history book and suddenly it changes or disappears becuase of the tampering of history. Or the thing that scares me even more, what if something happens that completly erases you and I from existence? And I manage to find Anderson's main company.

And just to give the man more back up for his credential, here is the name of his main company. http://www.andersonmultinational.com/

What you actually experienced is your brain falling out.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  16:29:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What i these goverments and organizations do something with the past that changes our relality.
You would never know it.
For example imgine you read a history book and suddenly it changes or disappears becuase of the tampering of history.
You would never know it.
Or the thing that scares me even more, what if something happens that completly erases you and I from existence?
Again, you would never know it.

Of all the things to fear, you have picked one that wouldn't actually affect you in any way that you would be able to acknowledge.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  16:51:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How will not affect me, how will I not notice? I would probably notice if the structure of the universe collapsed
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  17:50:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I came across a few post that think this David Anderson may be part of an ARG, maybe one called Ong's Hat, apparently there is a character in there called David Anderson:

http://www.theparacast.com/forum/threads/6308-Time-Travel-and-Dr.-David-Anderson

Also if you look at this link, David Anderson and Ong's hat are mentioned in this link, which shows Anderson's previous company and its history:

http://groups.google.com/group/Rise-and-Fall-of-Al-Bielek/browse_thread/thread/f162343c901aa38f

It just gets weirder and weirder.
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  18:26:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my god, I then came across another link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transylvanian-Sunrise-Peter-Moon/dp/0967816254

It was written by Peter Moon, who forward some of the books in Org's hat ARG, and it also has Dr David Anderson, I also saw another link that gives more information about David Anderson in the book:

"A mysterious scientist by the name of David Anderson
made an eventful trip to Romania in 1999. Dr. Anderson,
who is credited by the U.S. government as having developed
advanced time-warp field technology, established
diplomatic connections on this trip to Romania where he
also set up an advanced research facility dedicated to
studying the mathematics of time travel.
Upon his return to the United States, Dr. Anderson
visited Preston Nichols and Peter Moon, internationally
known authors of The Montauk Project: Experiments in
Time, and introduced himself. At Dr. Anderson’s suggestion,
a collaboration with Peter Moon began which
was brief, tenuous and eventually aborted due to security
considerations as a result of a logistical attack on a similar
time research center that had been set up on Long Island.

"Dr. Anderson’s continued journeys to Romania eventually
resulted in connecting Peter Moon with a Romanian
publisher and Radu Cinamar, a member of the Romanian
Intelligence Service’s occult department. The purpose of
this collaboration has to do with what is arguably the most
significant archaeological discovery in the history of
Mankind: a mysterious holographic hall of records that
utilizes technology far beyond the concepts of modern
science. Transylvanian Sunrise is the story of this
mysterious discovery and the political intrigue surrounding
it, all capably told by Radu Cinamar.

"After a five year hiatus in their relationship and after
Peter Moon secured the publishing rights to this remarkable
story, Dr. Anderson invited him to Romania where he
has pursued these mysteries one step further. The story is
inside this book and waiting to be read."

Things just got hot here.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  18:34:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

How will not affect me, how will I not notice? I would probably notice if the structure of the universe collapsed
You've never heard of the Grandfather Paradox? If you go back in time and kill your own grandfather when he's just a boy, you would never have been born. So who killed your grandfather?

If someone goes back in time and changes reality such that a book you're reading wouldn't be published, then the book would vanish, but so would any memory you'd have of the book since it would never have existed. You wouldn't know that there ever was a book, and so you couldn't notice it missing.

If someone goes back in time and changes reality such that you were never born, you would vanish, and nobody would have any memory of you. You wouldn't notice anything, because you wouldn't have ever existed.

If someone goes back in time and changes reality such that the universe collapses instead of expanding out into what we see today, then none of us get born and none of us notice anything.

Did you think we would all have memories of a past that was prevented from happening?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  18:47:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ok, I came across a few post that think this David Anderson may be part of an ARG, maybe one called Ong's Hat, apparently there is a character in there called David Anderson:

http://www.theparacast.com/forum/threads/6308-Time-Travel-and-Dr.-David-Anderson

Also if you look at this link, David Anderson and Ong's hat are mentioned in this link, which shows Anderson's previous company and its history:

http://groups.google.com/group/Rise-and-Fall-of-Al-Bielek/browse_thread/thread/f162343c901aa38f

It just gets weirder and weirder.
No, it just got solved.

There is no David Anderson. There is no Anderson Multinational or Anderson Institute. Anderson is a character from a game. A game that was well-enough engineered to get an actor onto Art Bell's crappy show to spout nonsense about time travel as a part of the game. Art Bell probably didn't even realize he was being used.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  18:55:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you sure he is part of an ARG, look at my last post where you see the likes of Peter Moon and thar romanian guy. I mean it seems there is a David Anderson and this is all to big to be some sort of ARG or hoax. I mean the book about the Romanian Sphynx and all that.
Edited by - flanagan1000 on 10/07/2011 18:58:21
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  19:22:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Are you sure he is part of an ARG, look at my last post where you see the likes of Peter Moon and thar romanian guy.
You're kidding, right? That book is part of the game. "That Romanian guy" is just another fictional character.

The people who put together the Montauk (especially Peter Moon) and Ong's Hat ARGs are masters of Poe's Law. Brilliant stuff. But flanagan, if you start to take it seriously, then you're the butt of their joke.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  19:25:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you even hear of Peter Moon and Ong's hat before this, and if so how much? I'm a bit confuse, I though Peter Moon was serious anout his work.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  19:44:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Did you even hear of Peter Moon and Ong's hat before this, and if so how much?
Nope. But it all makes much, much better sense than if the U.S. military took Anderson seriously given the obvious nonsense on his web site.
I'm a bit confuse, I though Peter Moon was serious anout his work.
He seems quite serious about writing conspiracy fiction for money.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  05:21:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

To be honest, a lot of it has to do with fear, fear of what could happen to all of us. While drinking in a pub a frieghtening thought came to my mind.
What was in that drink, anyway? Did you leave it unattended at some point?

If anyone went back in time and did something which made your history book disappear, then you wouldn't know about it, because it would never have been written. Your mind is the sum of the experiences you've had, and if the book wasn't there, you wouldn't have any memories of it and your mind wouldn't know anything else.

Really, you should be reading H.G. Wells "The Time Machine" and not these second-rate web-sites you've been exploring. Reading some good classic fiction, and some good non-fiction books, will help you tell the difference between the two.
As a non-fictional book, I suggest Michael Shermer's "Why people believe weird things" or something by Carl Sagan.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 39 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.92 seconds.