Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  01:56:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did someone mention salad? [homersimpson] Mmmmmm salad. [/homersimpson]
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  02:16:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, maybe fruit salad. Plenty of apples...

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  06:11:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chefcrsh

Did someone mention salad? [homersimpson] Mmmmmm salad. [/homersimpson]

I think he said word salad.

[TheWiggles] Word salad. yummy yummy. [/TheWiggles]

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  07:43:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know which group of Americans you guys belong to.

Only 40% of Americans believe in evolution. That leaves 60% who do not believe in evolution.

Now out of the 40% who do believe in evolution. America ranks 20 in the upper ranks and 27 in the lower rank in science (just behind Iceland). Average it and America is ranked 23 in the world out of 40 countries.

With this low ranking in science should even a discussion on science be encourage with Americans? What you see is what you get.

Now Americans rank 12 (high rank) and 23 (low rank)in reading skills which averages to about 18 in rank out of 40 countries just behind France. Now that is basic reading skills. Should Americans lean to read better and improve their comprehension.

Here was advice given to Americans by their own President many many years ago. Heed it!!!!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.-- Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  07:49:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by justintime

I don't know which group of Americans you guys belong to.

Only 40% of Americans believe in evolution. That leaves 60% who do not believe in evolution.

Now out of the 40% who do believe in evolution. America ranks 20 in the upper ranks and 27 in the lower rank in science (just behind Iceland). Average it and America is ranked 23 in the world out of 40 countries.

With this low ranking in science should even a discussion on science be encourage with Americans? What you see is what you get.

Now Americans rank 12 (high rank) and 23 (low rank)in reading skills which averages to about 18 in rank out of 40 countries just behind France. Now that is basic reading skills. Should Americans lean to read better and improve their comprehension.

Here was advice given to Americans by their own President many many years ago. Heed it!!!!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.-- Abraham Lincoln

What the Sam-holy-fuck has this got to do with the subject?

I think you posted this here instead of the Creation/Evolution thread where you meant to.

The US education scores suck. Yup. We keep getting fundies trying to push creationism in the classrooms, funding for education rerouted to other programs, inefficient standards, and no national language. Things get lost in translation.

What does this have to do with the subject?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  09:13:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

The problem with Dawkins is he is a evolutionary biologist and not a religious/Biblical scholar. He has the right to claim his atheism. But when he attacks Christianity which he has a very rudimentary knowledge about with his scientific background.
justintime, please describe in detail which parts of Christianity you think Dawkins is ignorant of that make a stronger case for faith.

Please read my post again. I said Dawkins has a very rudimentary knowledge about Christianity. I also said he is not a Biblical scholar. Now look at his academic qualifications. He has no degree in Theology or even attended any seminaries..

It is dumb to expect an evolutionary biologist and claimed Atheist such as Dawkins to make a stronger case for faith. He is on the opposite side of the fence. Surely you all must know that.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  10:44:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Please read my post again. I said Dawkins has a very rudimentary knowledge about Christianity. I also said he is not a Biblical scholar. Now look at his academic qualifications. He has no degree in Theology or even attended any seminaries..

It is dumb to expect an evolutionary biologist and claimed Atheist such as Dawkins to make a stronger case for faith. He is on the opposite side of the fence. Surely you all must know that.
Please read my post again. You're faulting Dawkins for being ignorant of Christianity. What parts of Christianity do you think he's ignorant of? Do those parts of Christianity make a case for faith?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  13:47:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is dumb to expect an evolutionary biologist and claimed Atheist such as Dawkins to make a stronger case for faith.
This assumes that there is a "stronger" case for faith to be made, but there isn't.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  14:43:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Dawkins is missing is the Christian fundamentals, the resurrection of Christ. His face is so deep UP some monkeys ass his only case is faith in the biological certainty the monkey will not shit in his face if he holds his breath AND resist the temptation to say Ahmen!!!!.
Edited by - justintime on 10/21/2011 14:44:52
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  14:45:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What Dawkins is missing is the Christian fundamentals, the resurrection of Christ. His face is so deep into some monkeys ass his only case is faith in the biological certainty the monkey will not shit in his face if he holds his breath AND resist the temptation to say Ahmen!!!!.
This makes no sense, not even as an insult.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  15:00:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

What Dawkins is missing is the Christian fundamentals, the resurrection of Christ. His face is so deep into some monkeys ass his only case is faith in the biological certainty the monkey will not shit in his face if he holds his breath AND resist the temptation to say Ahmen!!!!.
This makes no sense, not even as an insult.

Get yourself a monkey and try it.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  15:35:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get yourself a monkey and try it.
As soon as you stop rubbing two melons together, starting a campfire, and calling it quantum computing.

Edited by - H. Humbert on 10/21/2011 15:35:41
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  16:01:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We are talking about evolution and Dawkins dilemma. You are still struggling to get a date with a monkey and obviously using the wrong bait. (melons, campfire and quantum computing) try a banana instead. Hehehehe!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  18:31:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What Dawkins is missing is the Christian fundamentals, the resurrection of Christ.
What about the alleged resurrection is he ignorant of? What part of it makes a case for faith?
His face is so deep UP some monkeys ass his only case is faith in the biological certainty the monkey will not shit in his face if he holds his breath AND resist the temptation to say Ahmen!!!!.
I see that we're reaching that point where you've got nothing left and so resort to flinging poo.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  18:35:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

We are talking about evolution and Dawkins dilemma.
No, we're not. You said that Dawkins' ignorance of Christianity shows in his attacks on it. That has nothing at all to do with evolution.
You are still struggling to get a date with a monkey and obviously using the wrong bait. (melons, campfire and quantum computing) try a banana instead. Hehehehe!!!
Better than the doorknob you're trying to hump.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.