Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 General Skepticism
 Mayan documantary: New pictures released...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  09:31:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Thanks for the picture flan. It confirms my suspicions.

And I think I know exactly what you're getting at...

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  10:33:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

And what were yor suspicions?
Welllll, it was in trying to speculate on your age. I was suspecting that you were on the younger side. There is nothing wrong with being younger at all. That is irrelevant. It does however affects one's ability to make sense of the world and interpreting the things people come across daily. I also noticed that you are inconsistent with your spelling that was a possible clue. Your topic of discussion was another and how you react and reply to posts. I'm not the only one who does this here or on any forum I'm sure. You see or should know the more anyone knows about another their conversing with the better that interaction can go. Provided the information is utilized and correct. That's all.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  10:39:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Becuase all I ask is for you opinion on these claims, there is not really enough I can do to debate these claims becuase I'm not the one making the claims. The director is making this claim
But you seem to actually believe this this stuff-- this truly stupid stuff. So when someone comes on and spends half an hour noting why there's simply no way that this can be true, one would think you might have a reply.

I don't make claims about evolution, either, but if you were to try and bash it as being based on unfounded science, etc., I can do some looking into it and we can discuss it.

This isn't a forum for you to just post random shit without comment. Start a blog for that.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  11:37:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
flanagan, take that interview you posted on page two. Your looking for other opinions on it? There really isn't much there, It's all fluff. The movie isn't made so how cam anyone comment on that? You commented "He really is playing the idea of shattering revelations, such as leaking one of the things that will be featured". He hasn't delivered on presenting anything earth shattering, so there is nothing to comment on until he does. Don't you see NOTHING is being presented but statements of "revelations" and "secretes" to come. When they come, then they can be evaluated and discussed but not before. There is nothing here, how can we discuss that?

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 10/29/2011 11:38:32
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  13:17:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

flanagan, take that interview you posted on page two. Your looking for other opinions on it? There really isn't much there, It's all fluff. The movie isn't made so how cam anyone comment on that? You commented "He really is playing the idea of shattering revelations, such as leaking one of the things that will be featured". He hasn't delivered on presenting anything earth shattering, so there is nothing to comment on until he does. Don't you see NOTHING is being presented but statements of "revelations" and "secretes" to come. When they come, then they can be evaluated and discussed but not before. There is nothing here, how can we discuss that?

But its just the fear of what will be revealed. I mean this is earth changing stuff and its getting so much hype. I the Hawking connection the Mexican goverment involced. I keep getting flsshes from movied like Indeendance day frr some reason.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  13:23:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I the Hawking connection the Mexican goverment involced.
This sentence no verb.
I keep getting flsshes from movied like Indeendance day frr some reason.
Because like that movie, a lot of this stuff is just teenaged boys' masturbation fantasies. Independence Day was a fun movie, but it wasn't in any way deep or prophetic. And most of it is just a set-up for a computer geek to become a hero (fap fap fap...).

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  16:33:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But its just the fear of what will be revealed. I mean this is earth changing stuff and its getting so much hype. I the Hawking connection the Mexican goverment involced. I keep getting flsshes from movied like Indeendance day frr some reason.
That just a product of your imagination. Anyone can get that way if they let themselves. We're telling you, there is nothing to it. When I was about 4 or 6 if I watched scary movies I would have nightmares. My mother stopped me from watching scary movies because it wasn't conducive to pleasant dreams. Have you considered not reading this scary stuff for a while? Your doing this to yourself you know. Get a grip man. It's not been verified Hawkins is even aware of this. None of this baloney been verified. THAT is what you need to keep in mind. This is all called "anecdotal evidence" which is no evidence at all. How can shit that hasn't been verified scare you. If it does that's your doing.

Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  19:18:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But I can't help butr feel that a big change is coming, so much is going on in the world. Apparently we are entering asome sort of stage in a unity of consciouness and that we will have a great spiritual change and become one (look for the video The Quickening) or that our DNA will transform into a new structure as we pass a great galatic plane that makes a shift in consciousness or something like. For the last couple of years I keep hearing about how the world is going to change. Whether it being the mayan calender ending and its the end of the world or a transformation of human evolutions. Alien disclosure or them meeting us. Stargates opening or even the Illuminati (who are the good guys) coming out to collapse the Old World Order and bring a meritcraticic system (http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14514). Before this I was completly ignorant of all of this. Now I can't help but feel somethings coming. Unlike simple web pages on the internet, this will have goverment backing, interviews with Scientists and Politicans. Something is coming. I don't want it to come, but I think its coming.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  21:25:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But I can't help butr feel that a big change is coming, so much is going on in the world. Apparently we are entering asome sort of stage in a unity of consciouness and that we will have a great spiritual change and become one (look for the video The Quickening) or that our DNA will transform into a new structure as we pass a great galatic plane that makes a shift in consciousness or something like. For the last couple of years I keep hearing about how the world is going to change. Whether it being the mayan calender ending and its the end of the world or a transformation of human evolutions. Alien disclosure or them meeting us. Stargates opening or even the Illuminati (who are the good guys) coming out to collapse the Old World Order and bring a meritcraticic system (http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14514). Before this I was completly ignorant of all of this. Now I can't help but feel somethings coming. Unlike simple web pages on the internet, this will have goverment backing, interviews with Scientists and Politicans. Something is coming. I don't want it to come, but I think its coming.
Why are you starting threads on a skeptic website, flanagan? What do you hope to accomplish?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  23:50:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But I can't help butr feel that a big change is coming, so much is going on in the world. Apparently we are entering asome sort of stage in a unity of consciouness and that we will have a great spiritual change and become one...
Word salad.
...(look for the video The Quickening)...
No.
...or that our DNA will transform into a new structure as we pass a great galatic plane that makes a shift in consciousness or something like.
Word salad.
For the last couple of years I keep hearing about how the world is going to change.
The world changes every day, only an idiot would think otherwise.
Whether it being the mayan calender ending...
Which it isn't. Apparently, you have selective hearing when Anderson speaks.
...and its the end of the world or a transformation of human evolutions.
Neither.
Alien disclosure or them meeting us.
No and no.
Stargates opening or even the Illuminati (who are the good guys) coming out to collapse the Old World Order and bring a meritcraticic system (http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14514).
No and no.
Before this I was completly ignorant of all of this.
Ignorance is bliss.
Now I can't help but feel somethings coming.
That's because you're gullible.
Unlike simple web pages on the internet, this will have goverment backing, interviews with Scientists and Politicans.
The only evidence you have for these claims is a press release from the filmmakers.
Something is coming.
That's trivially true.
I don't want it to come...[/qoute]Why not?[quote]...but I think its coming.
You think? Other places you're sure. Make up your mind.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  01:58:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Becuase all I ask is for you opinion on these claims, there is not really enough I can do to debate these claims becuase I'm not the one making the claims. The director is making this claim
You're not getting it do you?
When you repeat the claims, you're partially taking ownership of them.

All you've done is spamming us with links to bullshit sites, which looks suspiciously like google-bombing.
Are you getting paid to do this?

If you truly want to know our position, you will need to calm down and stay in one topic and patiently wait for us to explain why the claims in the links are BS. But I don't think you're interested in that. Dave already explained to you that Anderson was fictional, but you refused to accept that answer.
Tough luck, with that attitude your stay here will be useless. You won't learn anything.

(edited spelling)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 10/30/2011 02:06:31
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  10:49:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But I can't help butr feel that a big change is coming, so much is going on in the world. ...

Yes, there are probably big changes coming that are based on reality:

Human overpopulation Continued loss of natural habitat and the ecosystems upon which we stand.

Nuclear weapons and waste Anyone care to guess which city is going to be the first nuked or dirty bombed by terrorists, a rogue state, rogue insiders or accident?

Plagues and pestilence Mono-cultured crops including Douglas Fir tree farms are susceptible.

And many more!
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 10/30/2011 10:50:23
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  16:45:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

By getting someone to suck your bare toes! Yummy.

Unresponsive to the question.

Just like a chatbot that has not be programmed with the answer for this.

Nice pic of your programmer's finger.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  19:05:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What would the point in programming a chatbox myself . What would be the point.
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  19:21:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back on topic (sort of). It relates to the whole idea of secret artifacts being hidden. Well apparently over 1,000 never before seen Mayan codices have been found in a Los Angeles basement, and they contain remarkable features such as crystal skulls. Infact it goes well with the Mayan Ibza council who state that the crystal skulls have a special meaning.

http://www.in5d.com/1000-mayan-codices-discovered-in-museum-basement.html
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread770064/pg1
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds.