New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  11:33:10  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So it's going on 11 years now, since the most monumental event in recorded history claimed the lives of 4000 american citizens in their homeland. 11 years...that's quite an obscene amount of time for us to still admittedly harbor ignorance about the events that unfolded on that fateful day. But whats more tragic is the slump of non-inquiry that skeptics of all sorts, are gradually slipping into. We the people are in a situation where our world views -- everything we have been taught and come to accept as true about the world -- hang in the balance of whether or not the culprits behind that world changing catastrophe are really whom we were told, and yet here we are 11 years later jolly, complacent, mundane, and calm as hindu cows.

I have a request for any skeptic it may concern: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntpTuOpnt70

I invite anyone to play this short clip starting from 1 minute to the end (the entire clip is only a minute and 47 seconds) and then come back and tell me that the culprits behind the World Trade Center bombings were really foreign terrorists.

"For all things have been baptized in the well of eternity and are beyond good
and evil; and good and evil themselves are but intervening shadows and damp
depressions and drifting clouds.Verily, it is a blessing and not a blasphemy
when I teach: ‘Over all things stand the heaven Accident, the heaven
Innocence, the heaven Chance, the heaven Prankishness." -Nietzsche

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  11:44:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by teched246

I invite anyone to play this short clip starting from 1 minute to the end (the entire clip is only a minute and 47 seconds) and then come back and tell me that the culprits behind the World Trade Center bombings were really foreign terrorists.
The World Trade Center bombing, which killed all of six people, was really carried out by foreign terrorists.

A 47-second clip from a work of fiction made three years later does nothing to prove anything, except that Hollywood script writers can think like terrorists.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  12:03:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
teched246:
So it's going on 11 years now, since the most monumental event in recorded history claimed the lives of 4000 american citizens in their homeland.

Whoa! Slow down there cowboy! The most monumental event in recorded history? Not even close.
teched246:

The culprits of The World Trade Center's destruction were foreign terrorists.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  12:05:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The World Trade Center bombing, which killed all of six people, was really carried out by foreign terrorists.

Im not referring to the 1993 bombings. Right after the conspirator mentions the 1993 bombings, Samuel Jackson's character and the conspirator talk about another terrorist attack, and I quote:

Sam Jackson: "You're telling me that you're going to fake some terrorist attack just to scare some money out of congress

Conspirator: Well unfortunatley, I have no way to fake killing 4000 people so we're just going to have to do it for real. We'll blame it on the muslims of course"

A 47-second clip from a work of fiction made three years later does nothing to prove anything, except that Hollywood script writers can think like terrorists.

This movie was released 5 years prior to 9/11. We have a dialogue about the first World Trade Center bombings being the work of goverment agencies, and immediatley after the characters speak of another false flag terrorist attack that would claim the lives of 4000 american citizens and would be blamed on muslims. I cannot imagine the obstinate mind that see's only coincidence.

"For all things have been baptized in the well of eternity and are beyond good
and evil; and good and evil themselves are but intervening shadows and damp
depressions and drifting clouds.Verily, it is a blessing and not a blasphemy
when I teach: ‘Over all things stand the heaven Accident, the heaven
Innocence, the heaven Chance, the heaven Prankishness." -Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  12:17:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
teched246
This movie was released 5 years prior to 9/11. We have a dialogue about the first World Trade Center bombings being the work of goverment agencies, and immediatley after the characters speak of another false flag terrorist attack that would claim the lives of 4000 american citizens and would be blamed on muslims. I cannot imagine the obstinate mind that see's only coincidence.

I get it. The government tipped off Hollywood, so that the truthers would know the truth, after the fact. And that seems plausible to you?

And let me tell you something. The neocons wanted to invade Iraq long before we were ever attacked. So how does blaming Al-Qaeda and invading Afghanistan serve that purpose? Why not just blame Iraqi terrorists and skip the middle man? If you think Bin Laden was an American stooge, willing be hunted down and killed after he took reasonability for the attack, I say your logic is twisted beyond hope.

The movies often deal in conspiracy fantasies because they make good stories. A coincidence is all this is. And what you can or cannot imagine is irrelevant.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  12:19:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I going to need a lot more evidence than no evidence before I believe that. Actors working, aren't working for me.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  12:51:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I cannot imagine the obstinate mind that see's only coincidence.
I don't see coincidence. I see the obvious, as I said.

Or do you think that terrorists supposedly pick their targets at random? You would have to, to make such an idiotic argument. And Islamic terrorism has been with us for much, much more than 18 years, so it's not at all surprising that the screen writers picked them.

There's nothing coincidental about it, the writers were trying to think like fictional government agents who were trying to disguise their acts as terrorism. The writers did quite well. (They were off with the body count by a 25%, but they were screen writers, not clairvoyants.)

The fact that you think that the government is so incompetent that it couldn't have had those 47 seconds edited or removed from the film is all I need to conclude that you're out of your mind. You're essentially saying that the government is powerful enough to kill nearly 3,000 of its own citizens and frame it on someone else, but not nearly powerful enough to eliminate or modify a single line of dialog in an action thriller which was more about Geena Davis' hot body than it was about a realistic story.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  13:04:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So it's going on 11 years now, since the most monumental event in recorded history
Hardly. The a-bomb in Hiroshima, that was a monumental event in recorded history. I would claim that the publication of "On Origin of Species" was a monumental event in recorded history. The Declaration of Independence... maybe.

claimed the lives of 4000 american citizens in their homeland.
More than 4 times as many American citizens lives are claimed every single year. By drunk-drivers. Where is the outrage?

11 years...that's quite an obscene amount of time for us to still admittedly harbor ignorance about the events that unfolded on that fateful day.
11 years...that's quite an obscene amount of time for 9/11-Truthers to still be harboring ignorance about the events that unfolded on that fateful day.

I have a request for any skeptic it may concern: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntpTuOpnt70

The culprits behind the World Trade Center bombings were really foreign terrorists.

Long Kiss Goodnight was a cool action movie though. I still like it.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  15:26:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Watched the video. The culprits behind the World Trade Center attacks were foreign terrorists. And everything everyone else said. *bored*

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Edited by - marfknox on 11/24/2011 15:26:55
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  18:07:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
Whoa! Slow down there cowboy! The most monumental event in recorded history? Not even close.

There seems nothing better to discuss here, and this is a pretty good, but seems impossible (due to individual values) to nail down. So what would you say is the most monumental event in recorded history?
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  18:47:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.\they were screen writers, not clairvoyants.

How do you know that for certain are YOU clairvoyant?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  18:50:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chefcrsh

There seems nothing better to discuss here, and this is a pretty good, but seems impossible (due to individual values) to nail down. So what would you say is the most monumental event in recorded history?
The invention of the transistor.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  18:52:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

How do you know that for certain are YOU clairvoyant?
I don't.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  20:37:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
teched 246.....

It is overwhelmingly probable that both of the attacks on the World Trade Center were carried out by Muslim fundamentalist foreign terrorists. Much of the detail concerning the origination, planning, and coordination of these attacks, particularly the one on 9/11/01, is currently not clearly understood.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  00:10:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Kil

I'd say the printing press was a monumental event that is up there with the most monumental events in human history. And so was the renaissance itself, which the press helped to propel.

Other contenders are the two world wars, the reformation, the colonization of the new world, The rise and fall of the roman empire, and so on. And that's just in the west!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  07:28:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Aren't you selling Tom Clancy short here when it comes to credit. I believe it was his 1994 book Debt of Honor where he had some pilot with a grudge fly a plane into congress. How tough is it to change the villain, target, and the body count.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.