New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dramaticimpression

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  23:42:58  Show Profile Send Dramaticimpression a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone provide information regarding Hudson valley UFO sightings?
The last post regarding this sighting was in 2003

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  00:00:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dramaticimpression

Well, I can't. What do you know about them?

And welcome to Skeptic Friends Network, Dramaticimpression!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dramaticimpression

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  00:16:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dramaticimpression a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was 13 at a barbecue with 10 other people. It was during the day. It was like a scene out of a movie. It was the size of a football field and itnjust hovered. I could have thrown a rock at it. I think about it very day. You can google Hudson valley UFO. It was scene by 7000 people and you don't here much about it.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  00:32:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that certainly would have made a lasting impression on me. You imply that 11 or so people in your group saw it, and another 7,000 as well. (Where did that last number come from?) Did anyone get photos or videos of the UFO?

Why do you think it is that the sighting is so poorly remembered less than a decade later?

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  11:26:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We shouldn't expect to have any photographic evidence on a topic like this. That would be expecting to much, wouldn't it?

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  12:26:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly, he's no longer allowed to participate in this forum, but perhaps you could track down Le Penseur, and ask him about his experiences as a youth in the Hudson River Valley.

Go to Top of Page

Dramaticimpression

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  21:36:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dramaticimpression a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Well, that certainly would have made a lasting impression on me. You imply that 11 or so people in your group saw it, and another 7,000 as well. (Where did that last number come from?) Did anyone get photos or videos of the UFO?

Why do you think it is that the sighting is so poorly remembered less than a decade later?

One night it was seen over the taconic parkway and caused a traffic jam.

Check out YouTube search Hudson valley UFO Ed burns
There was an entire episode on unsolved mysteris that is interesting as well. Why is this topic banned from the site.

In regards to your question on not being talked about that makes it more interesting.

It also hovered over the Indian Nuclear Power plant for several minutes which is the most secure flight area in the us.

There is a book which describes thev event in detail called Night Seige
Go to Top of Page

Dramaticimpression

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  21:42:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dramaticimpression a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

We shouldn't expect to have any photographic evidence on a topic like this. That would be expecting to much, wouldn't it?

There is both photo and video evidence. Do some research.
Go to Top of Page

Dramaticimpression

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  21:52:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dramaticimpression a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, I can't. What do you know about them?

And welcome to Skeptic Friends Network, Dramaticimpression!

http://www.unmuseum.org/triufo.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZZ1pwK6qtA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Found YouTube link

Go to Top of Page

Dramaticimpression

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  22:03:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dramaticimpression a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There was an entire episode on unsolved mysteris that is interesting as well. Why is this topic banned from the site.

In regards to your question on not being talked about that makes it more interesting.

It also hovered over the Indian Nuclear Power plant for several minutes which is the most secure flight area in the us.
This is link to book
http://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/98888.Night_Siege

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  22:10:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

As far as I'm aware, there are no "banned topics" at SFN, aside from outright spamming. A very few posters get banned from time to time, but only after repeatedly violating SFN's rules for civility. But topics are not banned.

The only Hudson Valley UFO "footage" I saw when I went a-Googling was special effects stuff created for the dramatization on Unsolved Mysteries. The representation of the UFO there seemed to greatly elaborate upon what the witness was saying, pretty much what one expects from an entertainment show like UM.

I am wholly unimpressed by nighttime sightings of slowly moving lights, even of "huge" objects. It would be so easy to connect a number of helium balloons together with nylon twine and attach multicolored LEDs, batteries, and a light-sequence controller. The outline of a huge "spacecraft" could be suggested against the night sky with no sweat. It would probably require a few friends to get together to launch the contraption without it getting all tangled.

What I was hoping from you is more about the daytime sighting you personally reported, especially supporting evidence.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  22:14:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's not how it works. Extraordinary claims always require extraordinary evidence. Making a claim and then telling people to "do some research" doesn't cut it.

Go to Top of Page

Dramaticimpression

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  22:15:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dramaticimpression a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This is link to book
http://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/98888.Night_Siege

Another good link below

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/hudsonvalley.htm

One more good info link.
http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/hudsonvalley.htm

Go to Top of Page

Dramaticimpression

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  22:32:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dramaticimpression a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's not how it works. Extraordinary claims always require extraordinary evidence. Making a claim and then telling people to "do some research" doesn't cut it.

Point well taken,

I suppose the best evidence would be looking the book Night Seige

They have researched the event inncomplete details

http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9781567183627

Here is the link
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  23:02:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Point well taken,

Here is the link
What I got at that link was an ad for the book, Night Siege. The blurb reads:
There is no way you can determine if the "truth is out there" unless someone reveals it. Now you can discover the truth that will rip open the entire UFO phenomenon, when you read Night Siege by Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Philip J. Imbrogno, and Bob Pratt.

The late Dr. Hynek was a famous astrologer who was a consultant to the Air Force's "Project Blue Book" UFO investigation and later had a cameo in the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." He began the research that was continued by science educator Imbrogno and journalist Pratt. What they uncovered was that thousands of people have been seeing strange objects in the sky—and sometimes even contacting strange beings—in the Hudson Valley just north of New York City.

·Seven thousand reported sightings
·Witnesses from all walks of life
·Reports from strangers corroborate what others saw
·A huge object that hovers and floats through the sky almost silently
·Encounters with entities who looked like they had gray skin . . . or were reptilian
·Physical evidence that something strange took place

The first edition of Night Siege is widely known as a classic in the UFO field for its in-depth reporting. It has now been updated to cover the latest sightings and close encounters. The book features sixteen photos, including one of a UFO taken by a law enforcement official.
The astounding assertions in this blurb do not rise to the level of even the slightest simple evidence, much less extraordinary evidence. As for reading the book itself, I don't have much access to books here in the mountains of the Philippines. Perhaps you or someone else could quote evidence from it?

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  06:46:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Point well taken,

Here is the link
What I got at that link was an ad for the book, Night Siege. The blurb reads:
There is no way you can determine if the "truth is out there" unless someone reveals it. Now you can discover the truth that will rip open the entire UFO phenomenon, when you read Night Siege by Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Philip J. Imbrogno, and Bob Pratt.

The late Dr. Hynek was a famous astrologer who was a consultant to the Air Force's "Project Blue Book" UFO investigation and later had a cameo in the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." He began the research that was continued by science educator Imbrogno and journalist Pratt. What they uncovered was that thousands of people have been seeing strange objects in the sky—and sometimes even contacting strange beings—in the Hudson Valley just north of New York City.

·Seven thousand reported sightings
·Witnesses from all walks of life
·Reports from strangers corroborate what others saw
·A huge object that hovers and floats through the sky almost silently
·Encounters with entities who looked like they had gray skin . . . or were reptilian
·Physical evidence that something strange took place

The first edition of Night Siege is widely known as a classic in the UFO field for its in-depth reporting. It has now been updated to cover the latest sightings and close encounters. The book features sixteen photos, including one of a UFO taken by a law enforcement official.
The astounding assertions in this blurb do not rise to the level of even the slightest simple evidence, much less extraordinary evidence. As for reading the book itself, I don't have much access to books here in the mountains of the Philippines. Perhaps you or someone else could quote evidence from it?

Llewellyn Press puts out several books in my library. Those books are on "New Age" concepts and subjects. One of them is Ray Buckland's Complete Witchcraft.

Llewellyn doesn't vet their books for accuracy. I am more than a bit skeptical.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.