Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  13:36:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So... Just so everyone knows. Small donations will be appreciated. I understand that no one is flush these days. But any amount will help. Thanks!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  00:36:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kil, I woke up in the middle of the night with an important realization about us rooming together. You're a smoker but I wouldn't tolerate any smoking in the room even if I'm not there because it would get into my clothes and bedding, and I would be miserable. So are you ok with no smoking in the room at all?
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  06:45:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Kil, I woke up in the middle of the night with an important realization about us rooming together. You're a smoker but I wouldn't tolerate any smoking in the room even if I'm not there because it would get into my clothes and bedding, and I would be miserable. So are you ok with no smoking in the room at all?

I was assuming because I was looking for a roomshare, that would be the case. There are plenty of places to smoke in the Southpoint. I had already planned on not smoking in the room.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  06:49:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And to everyone else, this is not a done deal. I'm closer because I'm sharing a room. But that was my plan all along. Please consider donating. Small donations would be appreciated.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  07:51:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, come one every one! Please help get Kil to TAM.

I'm doing my part!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO0xspHN0Vw

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  08:28:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

I'm doing my part!

Thanks Mab!

TAM is now a little over a month away. I wish I had work so this were not an issue. But it is. A couple hundred dollars more would pay for my part of the room and food. That's it! Because of rent and bills, and because I've been getting help from my family for that, I can't really turn to them for help on this. So it's up to you guys.

Forget about daily updates. I might do them, but how about if I promise a Kil report and a special photo for everyone who donates? Maybe an autograph for you if the person you want to get it from is attending TAM? James Randi? I think I can pull that off.

I'm the official representative of SFN at TAM. And I'm at least aquatinted with many of the major players in the skeptical movement. So just ask me and I'll do what I can do.

If it seems like I'm down to begging now, it's because I am. I'm so close to getting there. It would be a shame of I didn't make it now. So I'm making this shameless appeal.

If you enjoy SFN consider this. I pay over $140 dollars a year to keep our chat room going. I know many of you don't use it, but still, it's there for you to use. (Does guilt work?)

I promis to do us proud!

Thanks!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  08:59:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I was assuming because I was looking for a roomshare, that would be the case. There are plenty of places to smoke in the Southpoint. I had already planned on not smoking in the room.
If I may suggest some tips.
They usually have seperate smoking and nonsmoking rooms, so make sure you get a non' room as that also makes a difference. Once they start to fill up you get what they got, if you haven't requested this before you check in. Actually they have nonsmoking floors to further prevent odors in your room coming from the room next door or the hallway you want that. I suggest Thor that you have that request added to your reservations notes now. For myself I also like to request a room near the elevator but to close, 15 to 20% down is a good spot. I like to avoid that long walk to the far end of the hallway while not being so close that I will possibly hear the people right buy the elevator coming and going or talking. The Southpoint is big, as you know and a long walk to the very end can get old, if your in and out a bit. I use to travel a whole lot for business and know the devil is in the details. For me making these request with a reservation were automatic.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 06/07/2012 09:02:57
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  10:44:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm doing my part!

Holy crap! Was that you at the end Dr. Mabuse? I always pictured you as a bit older.
Originally posted by Kil

If you enjoy SFN consider this. I pay over $140 dollars a year to keep our chat room going. I know many of you don't use it, but still, it's there for you to use. (Does guilt work?)

Guilt? Not at all. You do raise why I did give my little bit to the fund. For all you do do for SFN. I came from my "I no long give to God (church) but I still give" fund.
I know times are hard for a lot out there but I bought you a meal and a drink. As you said every little bit helps. I hope you make it and get to go.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  11:19:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kil

Just sent some money, so put in a good word for psychiatrists for me at TAM

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  13:28:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
Forget about daily updates. I might do them, but how about if I promise a Kil report and a special photo for everyone who donates? Maybe an autograph for you if the person you want to get it from is attending TAM? James Randi? I think I can pull that off.
Don't give me any ideas... I remember that awesome photo of you and Hitchens. Too bad he won't be there (or is that a good thing considering where he's right now? ).

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  13:32:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

I'm doing my part!

Holy crap! Was that you at the end Dr. Mabuse? I always pictured you as a bit older.

Why, yes it was. We were recording one of my top 10 all-time favourite movies.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  18:26:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to those of you who donated!!! I'm almost there!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  21:32:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know I'd told you before that I was tapped out, but I realized that what I was saving up for wasn't as important as this. I don't know if my donation covered your "almost," but I know that "almost" just became smaller.

(Send me a PM so I can update the thermometer.)

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  22:13:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave! And to answer your question, almost. Spitting distance. I'll give you those numbers.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  07:16:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Ah, whew!

And Kil, you don't need to pay me the full half for the room. I'm happy to help you out.
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 06/08/2012 07:19:50
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.