General Skepticism
 Are somebody familiar with George Hammond theory o
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  16:03:28  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interestly,he comes to this theory,and it it very resonates Anthony Peake's "Cheating the Ferryman"
http://independent.academia.edu/GeorgeHammond/Blog/1599/Details-Of-Microtubule-Life-After-Death

And here is from Hammond"s website:

"In a previous Blog entry (below) containing a letter from Professor Stuart Hameroff U. Arizona, I detailed how a short millisecond signal in the microtubule system of the brain at Frohlich’s frequency could easily contain a year of human experience, and thus even though the bedside observer would see the person expire in a fraction of a second, the dearly departed would subjectively live on for a year in cyber-paradise despite his Frohlich-speed millisecond demise. This then would be the scientific explanation of St. Paul's prophesy in I Corinthians Ch 15 vs 52 that: "..in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump.. the dead shall be raised".
I’ve been thinking some more about the death dream download after talking to Stuart Hameroff by e-mail. Supposedly the death dream would be pre-recorded in a running-edit mode during our entire life, every hour, every second of every day. It would constantly be edited and distilled, sort of the same process that they use to cut and edit a Hollywood movie. This in fact, might even be the primary function of nocturnal dreaming.
So this edited life after death scenario, or dream, is residing in the microtubule system of the brain ready to download in a few milliseconds at a moments notice should death occur. The question then arises as to why this dream would automatically download when we die. My answer to that is that it must be completely natural, that is a default mechanism of the death process itself. Supposedly, the death dream is created by a natural mechanism having to do with the Secular Trend growth deficit of the brain (see my paper: Scientific Proof of God on this website), and then when we die, this pent-up font of “flat space” reality, by the same token, just automatically bursts forth and floods the entire cytoskeleton of the brain. And this is what produces “life after death” so-called. The underlying idea here is that the well-known Secular Trend growth deficit causes a neuron shortage and therefore the brain cannot actually perceive “true reality”, that is “flat subjective space”….. it can only perceive a “curved version” (truncation) of subjective space-time… a “curved version” of reality as it were. However, our brain is able to detect that what we are seeing is not completely real, i.e. is curved rather than flat, so what it does, in some analog fashion or other, is compute the “flat space extrapolation” of what we actually see. Of course the microtubule system cannot present this extrapolation to the neuronal system because the neuronal system is not big enough to display it. But it remains “pent-up” or “latent” somewhere in the cytoskeleton, and through some process of subconscious mentation, dreaming etc., it gets composed and edited into what we are now calling “an afterlife dream world”.
Okay, that is how and why it gets composed. Now we have to address, how and why it downloads at death. Presumably, death occurs from the top down. That is, the neuronal system shuts down or “flat lines” first. And then begins the slower process of the disintegration of the cytoskeleton-microtubule system. My first intuition would be that the flat lining of the neuronal system is what triggers the afterlife download in the cytoskeleton. Perhaps for instance, the neuronal-cytoskeletal system is originally a “closed loop” feedback system and when the neuronal system flatlines at death the cytoskeleton system goes “open-loop” and this simply causes the cytoskeleton system to “dump” any heretofore undisplayed information into the entire cytoskeleton whereas previously it was negative feedback from the neuronal system that was truncating that information and keeping it in check, i.e. keeping it pent-up in the microtubule memory. That’s one of certainly many possibilities."

George Hammond | Details Of Microtubule Life After Death - Academia.edu

Actually,Peake postulated "second self" for this staff,and Hammond uses "microtybe",but idea is the same.
Any thoughs?

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  08:51:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Alexander1304

Interestly,he comes to this theory,and it it very resonates Anthony Peake's "Cheating the Ferryman"
http://independent.academia.edu/GeorgeHammond/Blog/1599/Details-Of-Microtubule-Life-After-Death

And here is from Hammond"s website:

"In a previous Blog entry (below) containing a letter from Professor Stuart Hameroff U. Arizona, I detailed how a short millisecond signal in the microtubule system of the brain at Frohlich’s frequency could easily contain a year of human experience, and thus even though the bedside observer would see the person expire in a fraction of a second, the dearly departed would subjectively live on for a year in cyber-paradise despite his Frohlich-speed millisecond demise. This then would be the scientific explanation of St. Paul's prophesy in I Corinthians Ch 15 vs 52 that: "..in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump.. the dead shall be raised".
I’ve been thinking some more about the death dream download after talking to Stuart Hameroff by e-mail. Supposedly the death dream would be pre-recorded in a running-edit mode during our entire life, every hour, every second of every day. It would constantly be edited and distilled, sort of the same process that they use to cut and edit a Hollywood movie. This in fact, might even be the primary function of nocturnal dreaming.
So this edited life after death scenario, or dream, is residing in the microtubule system of the brain ready to download in a few milliseconds at a moments notice should death occur. The question then arises as to why this dream would automatically download when we die. My answer to that is that it must be completely natural, that is a default mechanism of the death process itself. Supposedly, the death dream is created by a natural mechanism having to do with the Secular Trend growth deficit of the brain (see my paper: Scientific Proof of God on this website), and then when we die, this pent-up font of “flat space” reality, by the same token, just automatically bursts forth and floods the entire cytoskeleton of the brain. And this is what produces “life after death” so-called. The underlying idea here is that the well-known Secular Trend growth deficit causes a neuron shortage and therefore the brain cannot actually perceive “true reality”, that is “flat subjective space”….. it can only perceive a “curved version” (truncation) of subjective space-time… a “curved version” of reality as it were. However, our brain is able to detect that what we are seeing is not completely real, i.e. is curved rather than flat, so what it does, in some analog fashion or other, is compute the “flat space extrapolation” of what we actually see. Of course the microtubule system cannot present this extrapolation to the neuronal system because the neuronal system is not big enough to display it. But it remains “pent-up” or “latent” somewhere in the cytoskeleton, and through some process of subconscious mentation, dreaming etc., it gets composed and edited into what we are now calling “an afterlife dream world”.
Okay, that is how and why it gets composed. Now we have to address, how and why it downloads at death. Presumably, death occurs from the top down. That is, the neuronal system shuts down or “flat lines” first. And then begins the slower process of the disintegration of the cytoskeleton-microtubule system. My first intuition would be that the flat lining of the neuronal system is what triggers the afterlife download in the cytoskeleton. Perhaps for instance, the neuronal-cytoskeletal system is originally a “closed loop” feedback system and when the neuronal system flatlines at death the cytoskeleton system goes “open-loop” and this simply causes the cytoskeleton system to “dump” any heretofore undisplayed information into the entire cytoskeleton whereas previously it was negative feedback from the neuronal system that was truncating that information and keeping it in check, i.e. keeping it pent-up in the microtubule memory. That’s one of certainly many possibilities."

George Hammond | Details Of Microtubule Life After Death - Academia.edu

Actually,Peake postulated "second self" for this staff,and Hammond uses "microtybe",but idea is the same.
Any thoughs?

It could also contain the recipe for steak tartar. Or it could just be just so much white noise. Or it could be the brain sending the "shut everything down and go home" signal.

What I see here is someone projecting religion onto a conjecture that the microtubule "could" contain something.

How would one validate this? Answer, they can't. Only person who can is dead.

Might think about including this in some sort of fiction, but scientifically, its a bust.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  09:40:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks,Dancer.
Actually, haven't seen his work cited by any serious website(except Anthony Peake,of course),that is specialized in Ner-Death Studies.But he by himself opened some forums and to present his idea:

"As Sir Roger Penrose pointed out in his best
selling book _Shadows oof the Mind_ a single celled animal
has no neurons, and yet it learns to avoid obstacles, back
up and turn around, search for food, find a mate, etc. etc
and this led them to conclude that the mcrotubule system
must be acting as a a "micro-brain". That was years ago,
and massive subsequent research has built a formidible case
that they are right. Now what we realize is that since
every neuron inside our brains has a "micro-brain" inside
it...,. the entire human brain is actually a "brain within a
brain". And the theory presented here shows that the
neural-brain dreams at night when it sleeps, and the
microtubule-brain dreams when the neural brain dies... hence
life after death! Simple, no?"."
Wow,what a straw man.Just unbased assertion
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  12:33:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Alexander1304

Thanks,Dancer.
Actually, haven't seen his work cited by any serious website(except Anthony Peake,of course),that is specialized in Ner-Death Studies.But he by himself opened some forums and to present his idea:

"As Sir Roger Penrose pointed out in his best
selling book _Shadows oof the Mind_ a single celled animal
has no neurons, and yet it learns to avoid obstacles, back
up and turn around, search for food, find a mate, etc. etc
and this led them to conclude that the mcrotubule system
must be acting as a a "micro-brain". That was years ago,
and massive subsequent research has built a formidible case
that they are right. Now what we realize is that since
every neuron inside our brains has a "micro-brain" inside
it...,. the entire human brain is actually a "brain within a
brain". And the theory presented here shows that the
neural-brain dreams at night when it sleeps, and the
microtubule-brain dreams when the neural brain dies... hence
life after death! Simple, no?"."
Wow,what a straw man.Just unbased assertion

Yup, unbased assertion. That is a logical conclusion based on the evidence presented.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  12:40:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank,Dancer.I've also read that Penrose's book was pretty criticized.Also I just read thst in one recent books role of the microtubes in counsciousness is rejected.
"In their controversial Orch-OR theory of consciousness, Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff postulate that microtubules in neurons conduct quantum-level manipulations of matter, which produces consciousness, based partially on some observations of Gamma Synchrony that indicate that information may propagate through the brain much faster than a chemically mediated neural network would physically permit. Max Tegmark disputes the relevance of these observations, and the matter remains open to debate. David Chalmers argues that quantum theories of consciousness suffer from the same weakness as more conventional theories.[6] Just as he argues that there is no particular reason why particular macroscopic physical features in the brain should give rise to consciousness, he also thinks that there is no particular reason why a particular quantum feature, such as the electromagnetic field in the brain, should give rise to consciousness, either. While at least one researcher, Michael Persinger, claims otherwise, Jeffrey Gray states in his book Consciousness: Creeping up on the Hard Problem, that tests looking for the influence of electromagnetic fields on brain function have been universally negative in their result.[7]"

Seems we are still way to go regardin knowing about consciousness...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.