Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  19:10:41  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If only it were this easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV3Gq5tgfME

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  23:42:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

If I understand this and cars rightly, it makes no sense at all. The major metal components of a car are electrically connected together and connected to the designated ground post of the battery (which may be either positive or negative according to the car's design) to start with.

If people try this they will either ground the (already grounded) ground post of the battery to the frame and engine block of the car via the radiator, which accomplishes nothing, or they ground the "hot" post of the battery, in which case they indeed get spectacular results by burning up that wire and/or damaging the battery. Hazards are burns, engine fire, and battery acid exploding outward. Benefits are none, as the ground side of the battery is already grounded.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/07/2012 23:49:18
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  06:30:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

If I understand this and cars rightly, it makes no sense at all. The major metal components of a car are electrically connected together and connected to the designated ground post of the battery (which may be either positive or negative according to the car's design) to start with.

If people try this they will either ground the (already grounded) ground post of the battery to the frame and engine block of the car via the radiator, which accomplishes nothing, or they ground the "hot" post of the battery, in which case they indeed get spectacular results by burning up that wire and/or damaging the battery. Hazards are burns, engine fire, and battery acid exploding outward. Benefits are none, as the ground side of the battery is already grounded.

Well of course it won't work, if you don't take the obvious step of first filling your tires with nitrogen.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  15:44:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who dreams this shit up? What a very stupid thing to do.

I believe while there are many factors going into the purchase of a new car one of them, for some people but not all, is a car's MPG ratings. If this worked what is stopping the car manufactures from adding this wire to increase what the MPG rating is without it, to a higher one with it? If this worked they would use it and up the sticker's stated MPG's which would increase the selling factor it provided for those who hunt higher numbers. This argument is the same for adding a "joe cell" to your car for the same affect. They are equivalent to Voodo and just as risky.

Cars can have, as Mooner mentioned, either positive or negative grounded electrical systems. For example the Brits being Brits use or used Positive one, like with MG's. I don't know if that's the case today it was it the past. Irregardless, what they suggest doing would present a continuous resistive load on the battery, even when the car is not running. I believe that the coolant has a resistive rating and by allowing current to flow from the battery through the coolant to the ground would create a "circuit". Unless this circuit is switched off when not driving the car it will be "on" even when the car is not. Over time you would end up with a dead battery if the car is not used or ran for days on end. The rate of discharge would be different based on the amount of wire left exposed in the coolant and the coolant's properties. Now if the wire happened to make contact to any metal part inside the radiator then you will have a "shorted circuit" and the wire will heat up until it melts, catching the insulation on fire. That could cause a engine compartment fire at the most. Depending how it's run and whether one secured it to run with other wires to make it look neat and tidy even without a big fire a bit of damage to occur. That possibility alone should tell any moron how stupid this would be to do. It would be very easy for me to check this out seeing I have the DC amp meter needed to measure the current flow by simply inserting the wire in the radiator coolant through the radiator cap opening. For myself I couldn't be bothered but if others are curious I might, for science sake.

They said nothing at all that made any sense to support why or how this supposedly boosts mileage. Based on this video they are apparently a card short of a full deck who present a danger to others of their kind who would have never thought of doing this and now might.

On a final point I would think that there is the possibility that by setting up this circuit you run the risk of highly accelerated corrosion (galvanic corrosion) of the engine block and radiator metal parts. The last thing you need is a hole in your radiator or engine block's water jacket. If you want to save on gas drive a higher mileage car, consolidate your trips and drive less.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  16:03:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The description on that video has an abundance of evidence that the author is ignorant of very many things.
My hypothesis is this hole dopes the water molecules to the point Hydrogen or H+ saturates the block and aids in the combustion chamber, it is well known by science now that hydrogen can be stored in solid metals. Water (burnt Hydrogen ) dripping out the tailpipe is clear evidence of this.
No, water dripping out the tailpipe is evidence that dew formed inside the tailpipe overnight, which is quite common.
Yes the block is already grounded. But it appears what ever it is that causes the batteries to gain in voltage ( I assume electrons,)
The alleged gain in voltage is never shown. Assuming that it's caused by "electrons" shows this guy's electrical ignorance.
...do not travel easily threw magnetic material (Non ferrous metal is needed.)
The engine blocks in most modern passenger cars are aluminum, aren't they?
...in this low energy state.
Which state would that be?
And radiators are insulated.
Insulated from what, exactly? They aren't electrically insulted from the chassis (ground) of the car. They're bolted right to it!
And yes hydrogen can saturate the block and aid in the combustion chamber.
Bwahahahaha! The amount of hydrogen that'd have to seep through an engine block into the cylinders or intake manifold to make a difference in gas mileage would be much larger than the rate hydrogen "saturated" within an engine block could move out of it.
...i have always stated that the Joe cell is nothing but a battery but we use the ions rather than the electrons.
How do these alleged ions get out of the battery? Are they also carried by the wires?
Keep the wire away from alternators or generators. Or electrical lines due to electromagnetism.
Who knew that electricity involved electromagnetism?!
If it is electrons that are making the batteries gain in voltage ion fields may stop the process as they are moving slow (takes a long time to see the increase in batteries.)
Now ions have "fields?"
It also seems the electrons do not like to travel threw magnetic material as easy in this low energy state.
He keeps saying that. I don't think he knows what it means.
Silver wire may even work better as copper is slightly magnetic contrary to what science teaches us, this can be seen by hanging a magnet along side a copper tube to see the slight attraction.
No, copper isn't "slightly magnetic." The passing magnet actually generates a electrical "eddy currents" in the copper, and those currents in turn generate opposing magnetic fields which slows the magnet's fall, as seen in this video.

That is "what science teaches us."

I can't take any more of the gobbledegook.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  17:22:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All good points Dave "water dripping out the tailpipe is evidence that dew formed inside the tailpipe overnight" can be the case at times but mostly the water is a byproduct of the combustion itself. Those who live where colder winter temperatures come on strong can see fog coming out their tailpipes the whole time their engines are running. Jets exhaust water vapor too, which are the contrails one see's when they are high enough that the air temp' is low enough to make the water visible. I know you know that but worth pointing out for those who might not.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 11/08/2012 17:25:10
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  18:33:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

All good points Dave "water dripping out the tailpipe is evidence that dew formed inside the tailpipe overnight" can be the case at times but mostly the water is a byproduct of the combustion itself. Those who live where colder winter temperatures come on strong can see fog coming out their tailpipes the whole time their engines are running. Jets exhaust water vapor too, which are the contrails one see's when they are high enough that the air temp' is low enough to make the water visible. I know you know that but worth pointing out for those who might not.
Good points, SS, but I'd say that the fog and the water vapor are very different from "water dripping out the tailpipe." Typically, once the exhaust pipe is all warmed up, the dripping stops (but you can still get the clouds of visible vapor on cold days).

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  20:15:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree that dripping water can come out of an exhaust, I have seen it and that is a different animal than fog (visible water vapor) coming out. Some may disagree that clouds are fog, reserving the term to have the requirement that the water vapor be in contact or just above the ground and I would not argue that finer point as technically that's correct. Perhaps to call visible exhaust water vapor fog on very cold days is a stretch and not correct, like steam is visible water vapor and never called fog but steam. It's actually more like steam than fog actually. It lasts like steam, only a short time, unlike fog.

Here's what I think is going on and if I'm wrong let me know how. Dew as I believe it to be occurs early evening or early mornings when conditions are right where water condenses out of the air and settles onto surfaces. I'm not so sure that a car's exhaust pipe being opened on only at one end develops has enough in/out air movement to allow the volume of water that we're seeing to have entered the tail pipe over night. I believe that it comes from the water produced from the water vapor present in the exhaust gases itself, that has condensed to the cooler metal lining of the exhaust where the night got cold enough and comes out only until the pipes get hot enough to stop the condensing. This would explain why in warmer locales like in the southern states it is rare to see water coming out. Maybe I'm just being to anal on this and should not have bothered addressing it. Sorry if that's the case.

Edited by - sailingsoul on 11/08/2012 20:18:12
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  21:32:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Here's what I think is going on and if I'm wrong let me know how. Dew as I believe it to be occurs early evening or early mornings when conditions are right where water condenses out of the air and settles onto surfaces. I'm not so sure that a car's exhaust pipe being opened on only at one end develops has enough in/out air movement to allow the volume of water that we're seeing to have entered the tail pipe over night. I believe that it comes from the water produced from the water vapor present in the exhaust gases itself, that has condensed to the cooler metal lining of the exhaust where the night got cold enough and comes out only until the pipes get hot enough to stop the condensing. This would explain why in warmer locales like in the southern states it is rare to see water coming out.
I did some searching, and discovered that you're absolutely correct.
Maybe I'm just being to anal on this and should not have bothered addressing it. Sorry if that's the case.
No, I learned something new. Good job!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  06:49:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

The description on that video has an abundance of evidence that the author is ignorant of very many things.
My hypothesis is this hole dopes the water molecules to the point Hydrogen or H+ saturates the block and aids in the combustion chamber, it is well known by science now that hydrogen can be stored in solid metals. Water (burnt Hydrogen ) dripping out the tailpipe is clear evidence of this.
No, water dripping out the tailpipe is evidence that dew formed inside the tailpipe overnight, which is quite common.
It's even simpler than that. Hydro-carbon contains hydrogen. Burning hydro-carbons releases H2O. Water vapor which condenses in the end section of the tail-pipe.

Edit: Doh! I should have read the entire thread before answering.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 11/09/2012 06:51:43
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  09:23:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Here's what I think is going on and if I'm wrong let me know how. Dew as I believe it to be occurs early evening or early mornings when conditions are right where water condenses out of the air and settles onto surfaces. I'm not so sure that a car's exhaust pipe being opened on only at one end develops has enough in/out air movement to allow the volume of water that we're seeing to have entered the tail pipe over night. I believe that it comes from the water produced from the water vapor present in the exhaust gases itself, that has condensed to the cooler metal lining of the exhaust where the night got cold enough and comes out only until the pipes get hot enough to stop the condensing. This would explain why in warmer locales like in the southern states it is rare to see water coming out.
I did some searching, and discovered that you're absolutely correct.
Maybe I'm just being to anal on this and should not have bothered addressing it. Sorry if that's the case.

The only time I have seen water dripping out of a tailpipe in warm weather and after the system had gotten up to operating temperature was in the case of a blown head gasket where water (and anti-freeze) entered the cylander. Had to replace the head gasket and spark plugs (due to plug fouling due to the water).

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  18:57:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Who dreams this shit up? What a very stupid thing to do.

Indeed. The man talking in the video is my dear online gaming buddy, Scott Ladouceur (aka Gunner). I and others in our gaming clan have had many long forum topics with him attempting to explain basic science. He would seem to get it at times but then fall back into his rut of misconceptions. He can't understand why planets orbit the Sun and drew what would actually happen if there wasn't some kind of force that held things apart:

And when his arguments get refuted, he turns to grand conspiracies. The reason such inventions as his wire trick and the Joe Cell aren't ubiquitous is due to grand conspiracies by the oil companies, car companies, and of course the government. Sigh.

Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 11/09/2012 19:14:51
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  21:55:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That was coffee-spitting funny!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  08:30:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And when his arguments get refuted, he turns to grand conspiracies. The reason such inventions as his wire trick and the Joe Cell aren't ubiquitous is due to grand conspiracies by the oil companies, car companies, and of course the government. Sigh.

What good is it to examine the evidence and fall down in from of the finish line? Sad for him.

Thor raises a very good point and that is don't let this happen to you,,,

or just because you don't know where we came from default to accepting what others pulled out their arse "God did it".

Edited by - sailingsoul on 11/10/2012 08:31:37
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  08:43:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm happy to return the favor.

Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2013 :  10:23:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked Gunner to explain how fuel mileage is increased by simply connecting a ground wire to the radiator. After a barrage of cut-and-paste links and videos, he finally explained in his own words:

This is all explained in the description, including how Hydrogen can be stored in solid objects, in fact more so then they can via pressurizing it. They can now store the surface area of a football field of Hydrogen in a pea sized "solid" object.

So, as the water is running threw the block the spark plugs firing release covalent bonds (electrons) This can be tested before installing the wire with a voltage tester, put the negative on the negative of the battery and dip the positive in the water to show a millivolt charge showing there are freed up electrons.

This hole dopes the water molacules, removes the freed up electrons.

The then freed up Hydrogen or H+ is literally able to saturate the block and aid in the combustion chamber. Batteries increase in voltage, water (burnt Hydrogen) is seen in large amounts dripping out the tailpipe (not a blown head gasket.) A cooler running engine as well as less emissions (tested and confirmed) and savings are the results.

Now this does not mean this works on every vehicle, there could be problems such as anti electrolysis radiator fluid, oil supplements that coat the walls not allowing the hydrogen to get into the combustion chamber are just a few problems that i can think of that can mess it up.

It is also common knowledge now that when they use electrolysis to clean engine parts hydrogen can saturate the parts.

The nanomaterials just increase the hydrogen production, if one where to take apart their radiator after using this for some time they would find a fine white powder (nanomaterial) on the walls of the radiator.

I know you would feel silly trying the one wire experiment but what do you have to lose? This is all explained scientifically now to the best of my ability.

http://forum.thorgolucky.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8469

In other words, a wire connected to an already grounded radiator magically produces hydrogen that then magically makes its way to the combustion chamber. Got it.

EDIT: An additional quote from a different topic puts this all into perspective.
...as I have stated many times, i disregard science when it goes against my experimental data, data does not have to make sense , it just needs to be truthful.

Oh, the arrogance.

Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 02/02/2013 10:27:41
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds.