Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  05:16:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Okay, now: At what point does a reasonable person put a name to people who are working actively against the Constitution, and are actively working to destroy the United States because they reject the popular results of its republican democracy?

I would propose a few descriptive terms: Traitors, seditionists, secessionists, ingrates, insurrectionists, renegades, revolutionists. They have been calling their opposition such terms for decades, while their actions have made themselves more and more worthy of one or more of these titles.
You forgot hypocrites. These are people who care soooooo much about the Constitution that they're willing to throw it out and write their own.

See also, For they so loved their country …
Since I live in Texas, with no small amount of shame, seceding sounds like a pretty bad idea. But it wouldn’t work out real well for the redneck fundy neo-confederate populace either. Texas would become a latino state within a generation or two, assuming democracy prevails and ethnic cleansing and genocide are held at bay. Some of the tea party wingnuts signing these petitions are Kentucky and Tennessee; which begs the question of how well the petitioners are versed in basic domestic geography.
LOL.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  06:29:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone explain why people seem to be going more crazy now than they did when Obama first got into power? (at least it seems that way to me). I'd have thought the initial reaction would be more extreme and the 2nd term re-election would be more subdued. Is it all due to the financial crisis? Wasn't that already in full swing by the time he won in 2008?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  06:31:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

. . .

... Some of the tea party wingnuts signing these petitions are Kentucky and Tennessee; which begs the question of how well the petitioners are versed in basic domestic geography.[/i][/bq]LOL.
I live in the Philippines, and I wouild sign a petition to get Texas out of the USA.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/14/2012 06:32:00
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  06:34:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

Can anyone explain why people seem to be going more crazy now than they did when Obama first got into power? (at least it seems that way to me). I'd have thought the initial reaction would be more extreme and the 2nd term re-election would be more subdued. Is it all due to the financial crisis? Wasn't that already in full swing by the time he won in 2008?
As Bill O'Reilly might say, "You can't explain that!"

Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  08:26:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Derp accumulates in the brain like cholesterol in my arteries. Since I'm unwilling to do anything about my lifestyle, I get the spackling. Since Republicans refuse to do anything about their lunatics, they get the derp.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  09:25:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What's to explain? Read The Bible, it's all ready been covered in there. From what the Bible say's, God created the heavens, earth and a garden. Filled it with fruits, animals and even people to enjoy it, couldn't be more perfect (what a Guy God!). After judging His work good, to Himself, he took His much needed rest from creating such perfection. Apparently God did all that with the forethought and competence of a Homer Simpson, so it not surprising the shit hit the fan. However according to the Bible God is not done, He's got a plan "B" and I'm not talking birth control.

Of course I think that the Bible is just made up stuff by a bunch of Bronze age lying con artists. Just like the dark age's most popular literary best seller the Koran. Anyway, Theist of which the Republican Party is fat even obese with, believe that reality is presented in the Bible, both past and future and will come to be. To answer your question God is controlling them, this is all according to God's plan. Yep the big bus driver in the sky. This is the plan "B" part seeing how plan "A" was a miserable failure.

Did I misrepresent anything? Given that, is it any surprise Republicans have a bit of an issue with accepting reality. I find it funny that they can't hold on to their belief that they are protected in God's hands from their faith in God and have nothing to worry about because of that belief, it spite of the apparent tribulations traveling on the express lane to eternal happiness, being saved as they claim but obviously don't believe in their hearts, no matter what they say.

It also seems God got his foot on the Gas, accelerating us toward the fiscal cliff and his delusional little helpers are going to do what they can to see we make it there as quickly as possible. I hope they loose faith and hit the breaks.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  09:56:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An open comment I wish to relay to all American Christian hypocrites.
It's really not enough to leave all the work for the Humanist Atheists and True Christians in good standing.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  11:40:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

As Bill O'Reilly might say, "You can't explain that!"
I believe it has already been touched upon in this thread, but Bill O et alii in the conservative media bear some responsibility for the poor reaction of so many. Being informed is so much more difficult than it use to be since so many "News" sources are now about ratings and advertising dollars. Conservatives need to divorce themselves from conservative media.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  15:41:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

What's to explain? Read The Bible, it's all ready been covered in there. From what the Bible say's, God created the heavens, earth and a garden. Filled it with fruits, animals and even people to enjoy it, couldn't be more perfect (what a Guy God!). After judging His work good, to Himself, he took His much needed rest from creating such perfection. Apparently God did all that with the forethought and competence of a Homer Simpson, so it not surprising the shit hit the fan. However according to the Bible God is not done, He's got a plan "B" and I'm not talking birth control.

Of course I think that the Bible is just made up stuff by a bunch of Bronze age lying con artists. Just like the dark age's most popular literary best seller the Koran. Anyway, Theist of which the Republican Party is fat even obese with, believe that reality is presented in the Bible, both past and future and will come to be. To answer your question God is controlling them, this is all according to God's plan. Yep the big bus driver in the sky. This is the plan "B" part seeing how plan "A" was a miserable failure.

Did I misrepresent anything? Given that, is it any surprise Republicans have a bit of an issue with accepting reality. I find it funny that they can't hold on to their belief that they are protected in God's hands from their faith in God and have nothing to worry about because of that belief, it spite of the apparent tribulations traveling on the express lane to eternal happiness, being saved as they claim but obviously don't believe in their hearts, no matter what they say.

It also seems God got his foot on the Gas, accelerating us toward the fiscal cliff and his delusional little helpers are going to do what they can to see we make it there as quickly as possible. I hope they loose faith and hit the breaks.

This seems more like verbal diarrhea than an answer to my question. Why are people more hysterical this election than the previous one?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  02:39:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, OFfC, I'd warned that it's inexplicable, but I'll offer some nighttime shotgun blasts in a 360 degree arc to (maybe) at least come close with one or the other shots. Each of the "reasons" I'm giving are just guesses, nothing more. It's easier to understand how crazy people are acting than to get (shudder) into their heads and understand why.

1. Maybe the Religious Right in the US got its hopes for power up in the last eight years, especially after the Teabaggers got a bunch of congress members elected. Since their main problem is that they are delusional, those hopes were wildly unrealistic. (Especially as they remained blind to the fact that they themselves were setting up Romney and their Teabagger Fantasy League of fanatical amateur candidates for a fall by forcing the GOP even further to the right. And at the same time they were actively alienating minorities, gays and women.) Because they had such grandiose expectations of victory, the reality of the election hit them in the ass all the harder this time.

2. Maybe racism was their main driving force. Untreated, that disease only festers and gets worse over time. After four years with an African American President, maybe they just can't take any more?

3. Maybe it's an actual behavior-modifying virus, perhaps spread by contaminated teabags?

4. Maybe the crazy just accumulates and feeds upon itself in a vicious cycle, and the cycle has taken several years to reach its peak. A social bipolar disorder?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/15/2012 03:24:58
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  03:04:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Romney has certainly been playing the role of a bitchy poor loser, first delaying his concession call to Obama for hours. Now he's saying that Obama only won because he gave "gifts" to minorities and the young:
. . .

Romney made the comments on a call with top donors Wednesday afternoon, various news outlets have reported. The former Massachusetts governor also made similar arguments on a separate call earlier in the morning, CNN confirmed.

"What the president, president's campaign did was focus on certain members of his base coalition, give them extraordinary financial gifts from the government, and then work very aggressively to turn them out to vote," Romney said in the afternoon call, according to audio aired on ABC News.

Romney, who lost to Obama by 126 electoral votes, said the president courted voters by offering policies - some of them this election year - that appealed to key constituencies.

"With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift," Romney said, according to The New York Times.

"Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women," he continued. "And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents' plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008."

The president's health care reform plan, he added, also brought out support from African Americans and Hispanic voters.

"You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you're now going to get free health care, particularly if you don't have it, getting free health care worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity, I mean, this is huge," he said. "Likewise with Hispanic voters, free health care was a big plus. But in addition with regards to Hispanic voters, the amnesty for children of illegals, the so-called Dream Act kids, was a huge plus for that voting group."

. . .
Oddly enough, it was Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, a Romney supporter during the campaign, who blasted Mitt for the outageous statement:
Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana fiercely shot back at Mitt Romney’s claim Wednesday that President Barack Obama outmatched the 2012 Republican presidential nominee by offering "gifts" to African-Americans, Hispanics and young voters.

“I absolutely reject that notion,” Jindal, who was a surrogate for Romney’s campaign, said at the Republican Governors Association conference in Las Vegas. “I think that's absolutely wrong.”

“I don't think that represents where we are as a party and where we're going as a party,” he continued. “That has got to be one of the most fundamental takeaways from this election.”

. . .

But Jindal, when asked about Romney’s remarks, said in order for the GOP to be “competitive,” it has to “go after 100 percent of the votes, not 53 percent. We need to go after every single vote.”

Jindal’s criticism seemed to take latent swipes at Romney’s “47%” comments that were secretly recorded earlier this year. At a May fund-raiser, Romney argued that nearly half of Americans were “victims” who were “dependent” on the government. Those voters, he argued, sided with Obama.
Jindal also said the GOP should stop being the stupid party:
. . .

In the interview, he said the GOP needs to "stop being the stupid party" and truly expand its tent.

"It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments - enough of that," he said, according to Politico. "It's not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can't be tolerated within our party. We've also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters."

. . .
So it looks like Jindal, a very conservative Governor who supports Creationism in public schools, may be staking out a position as a GOP reformer, making the (obvious) argument that the Republican Party must begin to appeal to the young, to women, to Hispanic and to African Americans. That puts Jindal directly in opposition to the Teabagger movement, but also sets him up as a potential savior of sorts in case the GOP is able to oust the Teabaggers and other NeoCons and get back into the American political mainstream.

Fast and agile on his feet, that Bobby is. Reminds me of Edmund Blackadder.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/15/2012 04:08:34
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  04:47:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally quoted by HalfMooner

Romney... said the president courted voters by offering policies... that appealed to key constituencies.
So Romney finally learned that to be elected President, you need to make campaign promises that lots and lots of people want to hear.

Whodathunkit?! It's only what every past President has done to win.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  04:59:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally quoted by HalfMooner

Romney... said the president courted voters by offering policies... that appealed to key constituencies.
So Romney finally learned that to be elected President, you need to make campaign promises that lots and lots of people want to hear.

Whodathunkit?! It's only what every past President has done to win.
Yeah, it's how democracy works, when it does. Romney apparently thinks the government is there just to guard his mansions, offshore bank accounts, and his predatory investments. Promise the "47%" nothing except jail-time if they get uppity.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  10:54:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found at unreasonable faith:

I, for one, wish them all seccuss. Buh-bye!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  11:10:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose pointing out that coverage under your parents policy until you are 26, no pre-existing conditions, and healthcare exchanges were part of the Republican alternative to the AHA would be pointing out hypocracy?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.