Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  07:45:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by teched246

Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

Excuse me, but the author of the popular series, The Hunger Games, is from what town again? In the series, members of which age group partake and get killed in rituals?

You know, you shouldn't base your opinions on the world on fictional programs.

Precisely what are you driving at?

Asking questions is making opinions?

Hence why I was asking what you intended to convey.

Kinda trollish behavior.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  08:07:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Excuse me, but the author of the popular series, The Hunger Games, is from what town again? In the series, members of which age group partake and get killed in rituals?

No, you stated that I shouldn't base my opinions of the world on fictional programs. No opinions were expressed. To ask a question is the not the crime of suscribing to an opinion.

On another note, the two questions that have been asked haven't been answered, and problaby won't (by you) based on your dodgy responses, thus far.

"For all things have been baptized in the well of eternity and are beyond good
and evil; and good and evil themselves are but intervening shadows and damp
depressions and drifting clouds.Verily, it is a blessing and not a blasphemy
when I teach: ‘Over all things stand the heaven Accident, the heaven
Innocence, the heaven Chance, the heaven Prankishness." -Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  08:17:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No, you stated that I shouldn't base my opinions of the world on fictional programs. No opinions were expressed. To ask a question is the not the crime of suscribing to an opinion.

On another note, the two questions that have been asked haven't been answered, and problaby won't (by you) based on your dodgy responses, thus far.

Edit to change question: She lives in which town

Edited by - teched246 on 05/15/2013 08:17:21
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  08:28:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Suzanne Collins, author of the series, The Hunger Games resides in Sandy Hook, Connecticut. During an interview about her books she states the following:

Taking the kids from our districts, forcing them to kill one another while we watch – this is the Capitol’s way of reminding us how totally we are at their mercy … Whatever words they use, the real message is clear. ”Look how we take your children and sacrifice them and there’s nothing you can do.”

-Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  09:51:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Suzanne Collins, author of the series, The Hunger Games resides in Sandy Hook, Connecticut. During an interview about her books she states the following:

Taking the kids from our districts, forcing them to kill one another while we watch – this is the Capitol’s way of reminding us how totally we are at their mercy … Whatever words they use, the real message is clear. ”Look how we take your children and sacrifice them and there’s nothing you can do.”

OK, everybody. Don't feed the troll.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  10:53:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

OK, everybody. Don't feed the troll.

Huh? Dear, snap out of it. This knee-jerk reaction to something that falls outside of your small box of possiblity is a telling sign of dogma. How can you ask me where im taking this, and then when I make a small step in that direction you immediately dismiss it as trolling? wtf?

Edited by - teched246 on 05/15/2013 11:00:00
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  10:58:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

To ask a question is the not the crime of suscribing to an opinion.
A classic example of JAQing off.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  11:05:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

To ask a question is the not the crime of suscribing to an opinion.
A classic example of JAQing off.

This applies to someone who has arrived at a conclusion. I have no conclusion, but judging from the reactionary hostility i'd say you have.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  12:49:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This applies to someone who has arrived at a conclusion. I have no conclusion...
Then why not ask where some other author is from? Why did you choose to ask about that particular author? What does the location of the home of a popular fiction writer have to do with the events at an elementary school (for which you question the very existence of the alleged gunman)?
...but judging from the reactionary hostility i'd say you have.
Pointing out an obvious use of a classic dishonest rhetorical technique is "reactionary hostility?"

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  13:04:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sandy Hook Connecticut was founded in 1711. If you add those numbers together, subtract 4, and repeat the result 3 times you get 666. The Hunger Games was written in 2008. Repeating the same process you get 666. Can this be just a coincidence? Considering the opening post to this forum discussion I wonder. Hmmmm.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  06:00:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Sandy Hook Connecticut was founded in 1711. If you add those numbers together, subtract 4, and repeat the result 3 times you get 666. The Hunger Games was written in 2008. Repeating the same process you get 666. Can this be just a coincidence? Considering the opening post to this forum discussion I wonder. Hmmmm.
Holly shit! you guy are freaking me out dudes. Stop it.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.