Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2013 :  22:51:35  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Faith-Healing-Parents-Schaibles-Child-Death-203782041.html

Are you fucking kidding me? Why do these lunatics still have possession of these children? This is why probation wasn't good enough after they killed their first kid

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  01:36:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calling for a Darwin Award isn't funny any more. Though they seem to qualify, the cost in innocent lives are way too terrible.

If there ever was a reason for forced sterilization, this is it.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  05:35:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why indeed. Because religions are untouchable, right? And you can't touch religion because prejudice! Persecution!
What a tragic, unfunny joke.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  06:39:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. MabuseIf there ever was a reason for forced sterilization, this is it.

I would go even further, and put a giant tattoo on their foreheads to advertise that they should never be able to adopt, and should never be left alone with children.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  12:34:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Siberia

Why indeed. Because religions are untouchable, right? And you can't touch religion because prejudice! Persecution!

They absolutely got a free pass for killing 1 kid, I can't think of another reason that being negligent leading to the death of a child would not result in some greater consequences.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  17:13:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Machi4velli

Originally posted by Siberia

They absolutely got a free pass for killing 1 kid, I can't think of another reason that being negligent leading to the death of a child would not result in some greater consequences.

They should and by all means must, but I guess I'm just jaded. They did wait until another child died.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  08:14:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how about we wait for an explanation of how and why the child died before we form the lynch mob?

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 04/23/2013 08:14:46
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  09:39:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THEY HEARD their son crying through sleepless nights, suffering with diarrhea, and when little Brandon Schaible's parents noticed his labored breathing, authorities said, they prayed over their baby until his final breath last week.
Here.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  11:13:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The lord law works in mysterious ways when it come to protecting
children from their delusional parents. I would love to see the Judge
who gave them probation for the first murder ambushed by a reporter and
asked if he feels any guilt for his part in the death of the second baby.
For the sake of decency and for the lives of their remaining children I
hope they make this their last victim. Surely the death of a 2 y/o AND
not the death of a 8 month baby will get them to do something.

Perish the thought that maybe these gullible and delusional pathetic
excuses for thinking people would realize that their God is no different
than all the other "real" Gods ever worshiped. Why didn't they explain
themselves, "but Judge praying always worked so well before". I can't
image BOTH parents doing virtually nothing while their infant suffers
and dies for other reason, freaking twice. They are a special kind of
disgusting people.

If I was to assume for one second their God is real I'd bet their not
just getting to sit next to God in heaven when they die but get to sit
on his lap with their two dead babies, basking in his glory and love.
What a God! Move over Mother Teresa, you got company coming.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  11:29:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

how about we wait for an explanation of how and why the child died before we form the lynch mob?
WTF ? Your thinking that maybe they had nothing to do with this baby dying? Their fist victim died from bacterial pneumonia at 2 years old, do you you believe that was not their fault?

Did the article help you form an opinion yet? Do you need to await for the autopsy results and if so what could there possibly be in that report that would make them innocent of this second death?

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  15:49:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

WTF ? Your thinking that maybe they had nothing to do with this baby dying?
OffC has a point. We don't know yet. In the article linked to in the opening post, the police was quoted saying "An official cause of death is pending an autopsy..."
So the jury is still out so-to-speak.

Of course, this doesn't prevent me from making the tentative prediction that the parents are once again guilty of criminal neglect.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  18:38:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SS.... Have you ever heard the phrase "innocent until proven guilty"?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  02:57:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's a legal restriction on government activity that has nothing to do with the moral calculations a private citizen might make.

Mere speech doesn't lynch anyone.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  05:28:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Boston suspect says "Hi!", the new phrase is "innocent until slow news day"

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  12:27:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yes I have OFFC. When you posted your first comment you had a valid point as Dr. Mabuse indicated and I agree. That's why I didn't post in this thread until after that. I to was waiting to see more of what is behind what happened. If the article moakley's linked to is correct in it's facts as it is presented then we now have some information presented.
Before the article, it had not occurred to me and I had not thought that the "known conditions" of their probation were what they ARE.

This is a tragedy for the dead children and this is about whether these parents were responsible for the death of either of their children. Their first victim died from bacterial pneumonia in 2009. That was the finding from their first trial. The couple was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. A 2 y/o baby died because these two clueless yoyo's ignored what critical thinking they could have had and bought into the lies and crazy delusional beliefs that by praying to their imaginary Magical Loving God in the sky that he would cure their baby from bacterial pneumonia by praying for a cure. People like you and them believe this stupidity and it killed these kids. When beliefs people hold cause the death of others those people should be held accountable. That was done in the first trial.
From the article.
"The couple were convicted of involuntary manslaugher for Kent's death and sentenced to 10 years of probation that included strict requirements for medical care for their remaining children."
This is about two issues for the parents and one way larger issue for society.

Did they violate the conditions of their probation by not taking their 7 month old baby to a doctor when he grew sick like they were required to? and two, where they responsible for the second death by their failure to seek medical attention? Both issues should be addressed by the court.

The third larger issue is the real cause of these two deaths which is the same cause of an untold number of other deaths continuously world wide. That being delusional nonthinking theist parents and other theists who in their delusions believe that some supernatural creator, of which there have been thousands of different ones, will magically intervene and do some favors because they prayed to an imaginary God. And other nuts who believe that they should out right kill their children and others on the behests of a fantasy God because the victim in some way offended or dishonored a particular God. The third larger issue is the damage religion brings down on those who are less powerful and those responsible getting a pass or even approval for their crimes by others. Their religion was turned these people into immoral evil cretins only a God would love or defend and possibly other theists.

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  16:00:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

That's a legal restriction on government activity that has nothing to do with the moral calculations a private citizen might make.

Mere speech doesn't lynch anyone.

You're right, Dave, what was I thinking? Lets just go into wild speculation and accusations based on limited information, no harm can possibly come of it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.