Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2016 :  11:25:52  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Seth Andrews tweeted, "We're disenfranchised. Let's douse ourselves in kerosene and light a big orange torch." -Red State America.

Sam Harris tweeted, The irony: 81 percent of Evangelicals just elected our first atheist president.

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2016 :  23:14:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Al freaking Gore would have beaten Trump. Literally all the democrats needed was a man or woman with no skeletons in the closet. Unfortunately they chose Hillary for whatever reason, the wife and apologist of a former president and rapist, a money grubbing, power hungry, Machiavellian, dishonest, lying, warmongering, demonically possessed, crooked, (100% confirmed) criminal. I actually think she's a worse human being than Trump. But she would have done a better job just because she's a more high functioning sociopath.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 11/09/2016 23:19:01
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  07:25:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Couldn't keep all your Clinton hate in one thread, OFfC?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  12:44:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy crap:
DONALD J. TRUMP CONTRACT WITH THE AMERICAN VOTER

What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter...
Contracts, to Trump, are things to be "renegotiated" and/or ignored when they become inconvenient.
...and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington
It will do none of those things.
Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
  • FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
  • Propose all you like. McConnell already said it won't go anywhere. Apparently, shutting Senators out of their own jobs is a step too far for congressional Republicans facing a President allegedly of their own party. Time will tell if they have enough fortitude to block Trump's other whacky ideas.

Besides that, term limits for legislators take experience out of Congress, and hands it to the executive branch and the lobbyists. A lobbyist with 20 years experience can easily sell a pack of lies to a freshman Senator. Executive branch mid-level staff with decades under their belts will tell brand-new Representatives to stuff their concerns in a sack. "We will still be here," they'll say, "when you can no longer be re-elected." Compare employee careers lengths with the lengths of tenure of congresspeople: only 42% of Representatives and 46% of Senators in the current Congress have served eight years or more. 16-year stints have only been performed by 22% of each house. A civil servant entering the Executive branch after college and leaving when Social Security kicks in fully? 45 years or so.
  • SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
  • And what will happen? Federal operatives and top-level executives will find their support staffs shrinking, so managers will be forced to do the day-to-day stuff that their underlings used to do. Imagine, if you will, a bridge inspector having to figure out which forms to use and how to fill them out correctly to requisition a car or even just paperclips, instead of spending his time inspecting bridges. Because reducing the workforce through attrition will not eliminate the bridge inspector position ('cause bridges still need inspecting), it will eliminate his secretary's position.
  • THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
  • Well, if he gets rid of the EPA altogether (like he's threatened), he'll be able to create thousands of new regulations and still keep this promise. Of course, he shouldn't be focused on the mere number of regulations, but the quality of them. Eliminate workplace safety regulations (for example), and he'll bankrupt the government through the increase in compensation claims. Oh, and let's not forget that many of the regulations are mandated by Congress, so eliminating them won't be done via a stroke of the President's pen.
  • FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

• FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

• SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
  • I think these three are going to run afoul of the First Amendment in at least two ways (freedom of speech and freedom of association). Of course, if Trump creates a Trump-friendly SCOTUS, it won't matter.
    On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:
  • FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
  • In other words, he doesn't know what he'll do. How does he know that whatever it is will protect American workers? Which American workers? The American workers who coordinate with their company's plants in Mexico aren't going to be protected. Raise import tariffs too much and the workers who retail the products in the U.S. will be out of jobs (because nobody here will be able to afford the products). Prompt other countries to retaliate with tariffs of their own will hurt American workers by reducing exports.
  • SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
  • So did everyone else but Obama.
  • THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
  • If that will "...trigger action by the president to enter discussions with the country and seek potential penalties," then Trump is saying that he will instruct his Treasury Secretary to force Trump to act (insteading of just acting himself). It also suggests that he thinks the Treasury's current criteria for being a currency manipulator are inadequate. And see the caveat regarding retaliatory tariffs, above.
  • FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
  • I guess he thinks this isn't being done already.
  • FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
  • Fuck the environment. Trump doesn't realize that if we pollute enough, there won't be any American workers to protect.
  • SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
  • Long-term, Keystone XL will provide about 50 jobs for U.S. citizens, unless it leaks, and then Trump will be protecting the jobs of the clean-up crews.
  • SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
  • What the fuck is "environmental infrastructure?" Besides, why bother fixing anything, if he's just going to wreck it with drilling, mining and refining? I'm all for getting rid of lead pipes for drinking water, but if that water is contaminated with coal ash, what's the point?
    Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:
  • FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
  • Why just Obama? Why not eliminate every unconstitutional executive action by the Bushes, Reagan, Clinton, Ford, Nixon, etc.?
  • SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
  • Unlike Scalia.
  • THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
  • Withhold Federal funds from cities that refuse to do the work of Federal agents? Fuck the poor. Detroit (for example) can fix its own "water and environmental infrastructure."
  • FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
  • Since illegal immigrants already are criminals (technically), I'm sure he means the two million who have committed crimes here other than being in the country illegally. But what about the other nine million he promised to deport "immediately?"
  • FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
  • So, we won't get any more tourists from Europe? So much for protecting the American vacation resort workers!
    Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
    1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy.
    A patently ridiculous idea on its face. The evidence says that tax cuts do not spur job growth.
    The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified.
    In 2013, a 35% reduction in effective tax would have dropped the bill from 5.3% to 3.4%, saving perhaps $120/month, which will (generally) either be squandered on April 16th or used to pay off previously acquired debt.
    The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
    Corporate America will never move their money back into the U.S. if it costs them more than zero percent. And the 35% to 15% drop in tax rates will do nothing but ensure that more Federal money goes to corporations, since not a few of them have negative effective tax rates as it is.
    2. End The Offshoring Act Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
    See above regarding retaliatory tariffs.
    3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
    Sounds great. I'll believe it when I see it.
    4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to gives [sic] parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice.
    Kids in public schools are looooosers.
    Ends common core...
    So long as the country insists that education should be left to the states and localities, the Federal government can have no say over Common Core. They don't now. Trump is saying that he's going to make states or counties choosing Common Core into outlaws. That's sickening.
    ...brings education supervision to local communities.
    Then he cannot outlaw Common Core.
    It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
    How much more affordable?
    5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
    Because Trump is not going to protect the jobs of the people in the health care field.
    6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes...
    In other words, if you want to have kids, you'd better find a job that pays enough for you to pay taxes, otherwise you'll be too poor to benefit from this tax deduction.
    ...incentivizes employers to provide on-side [sic] childcare services...
    You know what should be incentive enough (and is for some companies)? Having happy, productive workers who don't need to go far for day care.
    ...and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
    Such accounts already exist for day care, but the limits are far too low to cover an entire year.
    7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall...
    Which is a lie
    ...establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
    Except when those jobs are in your own resorts, Mr. Trump. And don't we have enough evidence on the ineffectiveness of mandatory minimums already?
    8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime...
    Except even counting this year, crime is at an all-time low nationwide.
    ...drugs...
    Should mostly be decriminalized. That'd save a lot more money and time.
    ...and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
    None of which addresses the problem of addiction. Trump's is a reactionary solution.
    9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment...
    The sequester has never applied to the military, because the hawks in Congress wouldn't let it. And we already spend almost as much on our military as all other countries combined, so if there's a problem with our military, it's likely that throwing money at it won't fix it.
    ...provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice...
    Because that's key to "Restoring National Security."
    ...protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack...
    So vague.
    ...establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
    Oh, goody! A litmus test for immigration. Will it include tourists?
    10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
    Congress will never allow the Executive branch to reform Congress' ethics processes. I don't think the Constitution allows that, either. Reducing "the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics" might involve reversing Citizens United, so I may be all for that!
    On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.
    Except it's just another pack of lies from a politician.
    This is my pledge to you.
    I believe that as far as I can throw you.
    And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.
    Probably the boldest lie of all.

Evidently, I rock!
    Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
    SFN Regular

Norway
    1273 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  20:00:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    "The politicians, who now stand with sad expressions and who are in shock about what has happened [in the US], don't really understand anything. The United States' public first and foremost voted for change, rather than specifically for Donald Trump,"

"With the average salary in the country lower than it was forty years ago and only the most wealthy 10,000 people having a sense of well-being, we shouldn't be surprised that people are fed up with the establishment,"

"Hillary Clinton is in fact the personification of a corrupt politician, who was sponsored by Wall Street, the gun lobby, and even Saudi Arabia and Qatar. And the people knew it,"

-Sahra Wagenknecht, leader of Germany's Left Party

I think the only Americans I don't directly blame for this are the people who supported Bernie Saunders. Everyone else is culpable. I remember years ago on this board one of the Swedish guys, (Dr. Mabuse maybe) blamed every single American for allowing the Iraq war to happen (sorry if I misremember the details). And I thought that was a ridiculous accusation. But today I do think the blame rests squarely on the vast majority of Americans for this travesty. This was a rejection of corruption of Clinton, a woman who took money from NRA lobbyists then with a straight face talked about gun control after the FLorida nightclub shooting incident, with no mention of radical islam. A women who people supported despite her clear corruption, dishonesty and (100% confirmed) crimes. People saw through the bullshit, they didn't elect Trump despite him not being a politician, they elected him BECAUSE he's not a politician.

America, you made your bed, time to lie in it.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 11/10/2016 20:01:06
    Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
    Info Junkie

USA
    26020 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  21:15:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Originally posted by On fire for Christ

...they didn't elect Trump despite him not being a politician, they elected him BECAUSE he's not a politician.
    In the last debate Trump called himself a politician.

Of course, he lied about everything else, so his voters probably thought he was lying about that, too.

Evidently, I rock!
    Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
    Info Junkie

USA
    26020 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  21:56:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Also, not a few of Trump's supporters voted for him because he's an open racist, and his win has clearly sent the message that their racism is both vindicated and acceptable.

For example, David Duke:
    Donald J. Trump now has the chance to become one of the greatest Americans to have ever lived - we have the moral high ground, 100%!
    By "we," Duke means white supremacists in the classic KKK style.

And there are tons of stories of petty racism (often invoking Trump's name). See Day One in Trump’s America for many examples.

Evidently, I rock!
    Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
    Info Junkie

USA
    26020 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  09:01:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    And "draining the swamp" looks like this:
    An organizational chart of Trump’s transition team shows it to be crawling with corporate lobbyists, representing such clients as Altria, Visa, Coca-Cola, General Electric, Verizon, HSBC, Pfizer, Dow Chemical, and Duke Energy. And K Street is positively salivating over all the new opportunities they’ll have to deliver goodies to their clients in the Trump era. Who could possibly have predicted such a thing?

The answer is, anyone who was paying attention. Look at the people Trump is considering for his Cabinet, and you won’t find any outside-the-box thinkers burning to work for the little guy. It’s a collection of Republican politicians and corporate plutocrats — not much different from who you’d find in any Republican administration.

Evidently, I rock!
    Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
    Info Junkie

USA
    26020 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  10:17:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Trump's new chief strategist and senior counselor, Steve Bannon, okayed this crap:
    [Breitbart.com] has run these headlines under Bannon’s leadership:
    “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy.”

“Political Correctness Protects Muslim Rape Culture.”

“Suck It Up Buttercups: Dangerous Faggot Tour Returns to Colleges in September.”

“The Solution to Online ‘Harassment’ Is Simple: Women Should Log Off.”

“Two Months Left Until Obama Gives Dictators Control of Internet.”

“There’s No Hiring Bias Against Women in Tech, They Just Suck at Interviews.”

“Trannies Whine About Hilarious Bruce Jenner Billboard.”

“Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia.’ ”
    And Trump's new chief of staff, RNC chair Reince Priebus, is the epitome of the elite establishment, not its opposite.

Trump has obviously decided that it's already okay to admit that he conned all of his supporters except for the virulently racist and sexist ones. They knew what'd be coming, and are reveling in it.

Evidently, I rock!
    Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
    SFN Regular

Norway
    1273 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  01:11:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

pretty much.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
    Info Junkie

USA
    26020 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  10:01:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Originally posted by On fire for Christ

pretty much.
    You'd be right if, like Trump, you don't have a clue as to what "political correctness" means. Or, also like Trump, you're one of those delicate conservative flowers who wilt at the mildest of criticisms.

After all, there are many thousands, if not millions, of politically correct people who fiercely and loudly denounce rape culture both here, and in Muslim countries, and everywhere else, every day (and actually work to end it). That's the opposite of protecting it.

On the other hand, if you're like Steve Bannon, you probably know exactly what "political correctness" means and just pretend not to in order to sell more FUD to your Trump-like ignorant readers.

Evidently, I rock!
    Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
    Info Junkie

USA
    26020 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  10:12:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Yup, David Duke, the ANP and the NPI all love the Bannon selection, 'cause they all think that it's going to lead to a Whites-Only U.S.A.

Evidently, I rock!
    Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
    Info Junkie

USA
    26020 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  12:15:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    And now Trump is generating own-goals by replacing transition-team staff during the frantic lead-up to the transition.

Evidently, I rock!
    Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
    Snuggle Wolf

USA
    1486 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  20:18:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    I'm still amazed that hatred of Clinton was so much greater than love of country.
    Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
    SFN Regular

Norway
    1273 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  00:15:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    I've never heard of steve bannon. But i do see a lot of sexism overlooked because it's embedded in a culture that people are too scared to criticise. not for fear of reprisal, but because they don't want to be seen/labelled as Islamophobic. Or maybe they're not scared, it could be that they think our ideas of gender equality is some variety of white colonialism which shouldn't be applied to other cultures.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 11/16/2016 00:21:10
    Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
    SFN Regular

Norway
    1273 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  00:20:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

I'm still amazed that hatred of Clinton was so much greater than love of country.

Really, Thor? But there's so many reasons to hate her.

Trump is a demagogue. Even though some people despise him, he rallies others to him through fear and hate.

Hillary isn't anything, she's just a typical 2 faced lying politician who failed to stir any kind of passion from anyone, beyond the fact that she "isn't Trump" she had nothing to offer.

In a way it's similar to the recent Brexit vote.
    There were a massive amount of people passionate about leaving. The people voting to remain wanted to maintain the status quo and not rock the boat. They were pragmatic, not passionate.

What kind of voter is more likely to get to the polling station? The pragmatist or the passionate idealogue?

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 11/16/2016 00:22:49
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Next Page
     New Topic  Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
    Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
    © 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.