Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  06:01:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I've never heard of steve bannon.
Ignorance is no excuse.
But i do see a lot of sexism overlooked because it's embedded in a culture that people are too scared to criticise.
Overlooked by whom? Not the likes of Ayaan Hirsi Ali or Maryam Namazie, for two examples off the top of my head.
not for fear of reprisal, but because they don't want to be seen/labelled as Islamophobic.
A lot of conservative "criticisms" of Islam are actually ignorant attacks on Muslim stereotypes (see, for example, Trump's speculation regarding Ghazala Khan's silence at the DNC) which really are islamophobic. There are plenty of justifiable criticisms of Islam (and all other religions) and individual Islamists, so there's no need for anyone to go off the rails. The best way to avoid being seen as islamophobic is to not act islamophobic.
Or maybe they're not scared, it could be that they think our ideas of gender equality is some variety of white colonialism which shouldn't be applied to other cultures.
Except that's the view of fundamentalist Muslims and postmodernist leftists, not the anti-PC crowd at Breitbart.com.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  08:41:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trump thinks he's still hosting a game show:
Very organized process taking place as I decide on Cabinet and many other positions. I am the only one who knows who the finalists are!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  08:53:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Sam Harris tweeted, The irony: 81 percent of Evangelicals just elected our first atheist president.
Russell Glasser responds:
Look, after such major event that was surprising and a bit disturbing, I totally get the impulse to look for a silver lining and hope there is some important mitigating factor, like “Finally! A president who’s really an atheist!” Some people have also wildly speculated that Bernie Sanders and Pope Francis are atheists, despite the fact that they both openly deny it. (“I think everyone believes in God in their own ways,” said Sanders. Nope. I don’t.)

But I don’t think we should be seeking this out as our silver lining, for two main reasons.
Donald Trump has not said he’s an atheist and doesn’t seem likely to say it.

Whether he’s an atheist or not, Trump got huge support from evangelicals by directly pandering to evangelicals and saying things they like to hear. So who cares?
This is a situation where I care about policies and results a lot more than I care about whether a particular label applies to Donald Trump. There are lots of religious people I agree with on lots of issues, and lots of atheists I disagree with about almost everything except that one thing. Hemant Mehta made the point that
if Donald Trump is an atheist, it would only be in the same vacuous sense that some people say “babies are atheists.”
Trump isn’t someone who thinks “God doesn’t exist.” He doesn’t think about God, period. You think he spends time pondering deep philosophical questions? Of course not.

Don’t confuse apathy with atheism.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  06:10:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Labor. Capital. Can these two star-crossed lovers come together and hold hands again? Will these two love birds come together and hold hands again; or will the vast sea of globalization sway them forever apart? Tune in and find out on the next "Trumpland" (Airing, first, second quarter 2017).

"For all things have been baptized in the well of eternity and are beyond good
and evil; and good and evil themselves are but intervening shadows and damp
depressions and drifting clouds.Verily, it is a blessing and not a blasphemy
when I teach: ‘Over all things stand the heaven Accident, the heaven
Innocence, the heaven Chance, the heaven Prankishness." -Nietzsche
Edited by - teched246 on 11/17/2016 06:17:21
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  07:02:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Transition nonsense continues. Pence is purging the transition team of all lobbyists. To be fair to Trump, he never promised to eliminate lobbying entirely, only that White House employees and congresscritters would be banned from lobbying for some years. Trump definitely never promised to not fill his transition team with lobbyists, and in fact did so first thing.

In other news, transition team members are reportedly having trouble trying to find people willing to take jobs below the under-secretary level. The most-obvious reason that might be is that nobody wants to work for Trump without a decent amount of power and/or money, but that's speculation at this point.

Trump has about 5,000 jobs to fill (2,500 of them in the White House itself), and 1,000 of them need Senate approval.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  13:42:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Sam Harris tweeted, The irony: 81 percent of Evangelicals just elected our first atheist president.
Russell Glasser responds

I just thought that was funny, not necessarily a good thing.
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  15:06:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by teched246

Labor. Capital. Could these two star-crossed lovers come together and hold hands again? Would these two love birds come together and hold hands again; or would the vast sea of globalization sway them forever apart? Tune in and find out on the next "Trumpland" (Airing first and second quarter 2017).

Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  15:08:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh god dammit i forgot how to use this site with a smart pad

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  22:48:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, teched!
Originally posted by teched246

Oh god dammit i forgot how to use this site with a smart pad
I've never tried to use this site on a smart pad. Sorry you're having trouble.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  00:11:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't get this. Giving money to Starbucks in order to get them to yell out "Trump" once in a while?

Don't these people know that there are other people named Trump who aren't Donald Trump? And those other Trumps might go to Starbucks, too?

Shouldn't they have thought this up before the election? Or are they practicing for 2020?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  20:16:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Trump is the Peter Principle taken to its ultimate conclusion.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  11:06:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Top of the new agenda: screw low-paid workers; screw children with undocumented parents, and screw the deficit.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  21:09:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I don't get this. Giving money to Starbucks in order to get them to yell out "Trump" once in a while?

Don't these people know that there are other people named Trump who aren't Donald Trump? And those other Trumps might go to Starbucks, too?

Shouldn't they have thought this up before the election? Or are they practicing for 2020?

And how is it a protest if you're giving them your money? These people are trying to redefine the word 'stupid'.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  22:14:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

And how is it a protest if you're giving them your money?
Well, they certainly can't boycott Starbucks. That'd be "economic terrorism."

Oh, wait: it's only "economic terrorism" when liberals boycott.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2016 :  03:37:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I've never heard of steve bannon.
Ignorance is no excuse.

Ridiculous. I never brought the guy into the conversation, so I don't have anything to excuse. Go back under your bridge, troll.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 11/26/2016 03:38:06
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.