Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2016 :  03:39:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Oh, wait: it's only "economic terrorism" when liberals boycott.

Dave's heart almost literally bleeding here. Martyrdom any jihadist would be proud of.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2016 :  08:45:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

Oh, wait: it's only "economic terrorism" when liberals boycott.

Dave's heart almost literally bleeding here. Martyrdom any jihadist would be proud of.
Your blindness to conservative hypocrisy is unsurprising. Boycotting Ford for its gay-friendly employment policies was a-okay with the right, but boycotting Chik-Fil-A for its support of anti-gay lobbying was declared to be economic terrorism by conservative leaders. Other examples abound.

Looks like the term was first used in the context of boycotts about five years ago, but even today we have legislators trying to criminalize anti-Trump protests as "economic terrorism."

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  19:40:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So who is slated to be in Trump's cabinet so far?

An Energy Secretary who'd like to abolish the Department of Energy.

A Labor Secretary who advocates for companies over laborers.

A Housing Secretary who thinks the government shouldn't be giving hand-outs to the homeless.

An Education Secretary who is opposed to public education.

An EPA Director who thinks that what the EPA does is illegal.

And a Small Business Administrator who runs a company with nine-digit revenues.

Perhaps Trump specifically selected these people for these positions so they'd all quickly work themselves out of their jobs simply by firing all of their employees.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  20:04:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The people voted for change, Trump delivers. If you want to blame someone, blame whoever voted for a crook to run against him.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  22:11:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If you want to blame someone, blame whoever voted for a crook to run against him.
No, I blame the people who voted for the lying, hypocritical, no-friend-to-the-working-person, blow-hard, racist, intentionally ignorant crook with the orange skin. They knew the contents of the package, but they voted for him anyway. They'll get what they voted for, but it's going to drag the rest of the country down with them.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Christian Hedonist
Skeptic Friend

99 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  15:50:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Christian Hedonist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So who is slated to be in Trump's cabinet so far?

An Energy Secretary who'd like to abolish the Department of Energy.

A Labor Secretary who advocates for companies over laborers.

A Housing Secretary who thinks the government shouldn't be giving hand-outs to the homeless.

An Education Secretary who is opposed to public education.

An EPA Director who thinks that what the EPA does is illegal.

And a Small Business Administrator who runs a company with nine-digit revenues.

Perhaps Trump specifically selected these people for these positions so they'd all quickly work themselves out of their jobs simply by firing all of their employees.

Yeah, I really don't know much about these people except Rick Perry. I live in Texas. What I do know about them or have learned recently doesn't make me feel to comfortable. Rick Perry did good and bad things in Texas but he seems unqualified to run the EPA.

Typical responses from the left and right on these picks. The left thinks they are monsters and the right thinks they are heroes.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  21:12:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the SFN.
Originally posted by Christian Hedonist

Rick Perry did good and bad things in Texas but he seems unqualified to run the EPA.
Rick Perry is the pick for DoE. In 2012, during the primaries, Perry said he planned to dissolve three cabinet-level departments. But he couldn't even remember that the third was the Department of Energy. He probably doesn't even know what it does, still.
Typical responses from the left and right on these picks. The left thinks they are monsters demonstrably unqualified and the right thinks they are heroes.
FTFY. Trump is the monster.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  01:30:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Wrong, he is an human.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 12/16/2016 01:30:38
Go to Top of Page

Christian Hedonist
Skeptic Friend

99 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  07:08:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Christian Hedonist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Welcome to the SFN.

Thanks!

Rick Perry is the pick for DoE. In 2012, during the primaries, Perry said he planned to dissolve three cabinet-level departments. But he couldn't even remember that the third was the Department of Energy. He probably doesn't even know what it does, still.
Ha, first post and I screwed up. I was thinking DoE. He knows how to stimulate an economy on oil and wind but we will see.

Typical responses from the left and right on these picks. The left thinks they are monsters demonstrably unqualified and the right thinks they are heroes.

I don't see any way this country can get less divided. People really don't want to have real talks about subjects. For example conservatives need to try to understand that liberals want to end tragic killings and that is why they are for more gun restrictions. Instead they say things like "they want gun confiscation". Or Liberals need to understand there are real issues with unrestricted immigration that conservatives think are important and not just call them racists. I don't see this happening. The election really emphasized this.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  09:19:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN where you can either agree with Dave about everything or be browbeaten until you leave.

Trump is a disaster, but what I find interesting is how the liberals refuse to admit any blame for this outcome. They have become what they hated the most; shrieking reactionaries.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 12/16/2016 09:25:53
Go to Top of Page

Christian Hedonist
Skeptic Friend

99 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  10:16:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Christian Hedonist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Welcome to SFN where you can either agree with Dave about everything or be browbeaten until you leave.
Well ok, I will see how it goes.

Trump is a disaster, but what I find interesting is how the liberals refuse to admit any blame for this outcome. They have become what they hated the most; shrieking reactionaries.
He is not going to be a good president but I do believe he is better than Clinton would have been. A constitutional convention is truly needed.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  10:49:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN where On fire for Christ is our resident troller. :)

A constitutional convention is truly needed.

Why?

Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 12/16/2016 10:50:02
Go to Top of Page

Christian Hedonist
Skeptic Friend

99 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  12:03:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Christian Hedonist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Welcome to SFN where On fire for Christ is our resident troller. :)
Thanks.

A constitutional convention is truly needed.

Why?

I really meant to say Convention of the States (Article V) to propose amendments to deal with issues that lawmakers in Washington have not and probably will not address. Such as:

Term Limits: I am not for term limits of congressman but many people are from both the left and right. I think we should be able to vote for whoever we want. Although I think the presidential term limits are a safeguard against tyranny as well as instituting term limits that congressman hold in the government such as majority leader, committee heads etc.

Federal Spending: It is clear no party in Washington really cares about our spending problem. An amendment to stop of regulate somehow deficit spending is a good idea in my opinion.

Nullify the 17th amendment: More power will be placed back in the hands of the states. State elections will be more meaningful and reduce the power of the federal government over the states and citizens.

Abortion/Capital Punishment: An amendment to ban abortion and capital punishment.

I think the first two are not that out of step with a majority of Americans. The second two are more controversial but I think they would be a good idea.
Go to Top of Page

Christian Hedonist
Skeptic Friend

99 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  12:07:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Christian Hedonist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

They have become what they hated the most; shrieking reactionaries.

I think the liberals and media don't want to talk about why the really lost. About 1-2 weeks went by after the election and they seemed more introspective. But now they seem to be back on the name calling again. So I guess the democrats will be the party of "no" now, but it will be called patriotic.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  12:31:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Wrong, he is an human.
Citation, please.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds.