Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  22:02:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Well hi to all you new posters here.

Are you all coming here on a referral as to what we are saying on this thread?

I hope we can save you some money.

What I find amazing is this same kind of scam can be pulled over and over and over. Seems you can always convince the 'next guy', no matter how many 'last guys' have been on the news and other various sites trying to warn the 'next guys'.

I'm sorry, adhimas, but I have the following response to this statement of yours:
quote:
After reading the links, how can anyone still think that they are scam?
If only there were one good ROTFLMAO smiley on this forum. [sigh]

Send money, we won't tell you what we do with it, but we promise to send you lots more back, honest. It's in print, see, here are some places you can check, after all, no one can put a fake link on the internet. No one can just set up a web page. I couldn't post rave reviews and say they are from someone else. Of course not. Did I mention, send money?
Go to Top of Page

lapcus

13 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  00:29:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send lapcus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

The whole secretive nature of the plan sets off warning bells for me.

Gee, someone did get pissed off enough to complain about pureinvestor

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff31433.htm

Permit me to continue to be very wary of your claims. It still sounds like a Ponzi scheme and since you are only taking the word of the company for where the money comes from, it is still likely that it comes from other "investors".

It still has Title 18 problems.

This is the quote from the ripoff report

" A group associated with Pure Investor is making false promises in its advertising. The ads say that you are guaranteed 5 downline members recruited for you in one month. This did not happen. In fact, nothing happened. When I contacted the CEO of the company, he offered to buy my way into another group that was fulfilling their promises. This never happened either. He also claimed he had removed the parties that were scamming people. A couple hours later I got an email from the scammers saying to change the wording in our ads per the CEO. One company that I have found to actually do what they are promising is IWS. Their addess is www.beam.to/intern I hope this saves you some time and trouble.

Ben
McKinney, Texas "

....this is not the pureinvestor that is being talked about...there are no frontload downlines....you dont even have to sponsor.....who ever this person is....they are talking about something else.

You fellas are quick to call something scams.......let me guess....you all believe that the only way to make a living is to work ( JOB ).

Please any PIPSTERS reading this...please dont reply to this. Let them think what ever they want to think.... We dont want everyone joining in PIPS...we are the elite...there has got to be "somebody" to fill in the work force.....its just not going to be "me".

You all can just take one look at the name of the company and yell "scam"

To Hally8296 ...dont try to convince these people. Let them be. When i tell people about this...and they say "there is no way"....I just say "ooook" .... with me being retired because of this program for over 3 months....and having made back what ive originaly invested....i don't care what a few "uneducated people have to say about this program" I just agree with them and live the dream that ive always wanted to live.

To Gorgo.... If you want know how PIPS makes money...then email this email address theoneworldman@yahoo.com and I will send you pages opon pages of info about this company and the were and how. Consider what I will send you and weigh it against what the "experts" in this forum have said. Then once educated, make your decision. Honestly....you can join or not...it really doesnt effect me....(hint im not trying to recruit you). Someone posted this link in the PIPS forum..so i checked it out. Amazed at the amount of ignorance, I decided to post.

To The Rest..... you are all aboslutly RIGHT...it is a SCAMM!!! RUN!! Go back to your jobs.
Rely on your "retirements" and "401ks"
"work till you die...."
remeber...if its too good to be true...then it is....
The only way to make a living is to get a job.
It human nature really....so I dont blame you all for the skepticism. Humans define thier reality threw hard toil and suffering...and after experiencing this for so long...people feel that this is how it is and should be. I took a while to "unbrainwash" myself from thie logic too. I am breaking the chains of this conditioning and am no longer "confused".

with that I will close and leave you to this tidbit of knowledge

"capitalizm's very foundation is poverty...without poverty..capitalizm would collapse...not everyone can be wealthy...because who would work for who?
...We need the "ditch diggers and Pipe layers". Without them..I couldnt enjoy my cup O tea "
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  05:17:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I've followed this thread with interest. Most interesting is that suddenly we've gotten lots of new faces, for the most part defending Pure Investor.

Doth the lady protest too much?

I will add that I would never deal with a company, reputable or otherwise, that would not tell me where they were putting my money. That smacks of unethical behavior. There are too many reliable investment firms out there, with plans that will return you from about 10 to 20+ percent, varying a bit, on your dollar. And it's safe. That's about as close as you will get to a free lunch, unless o' course, your name is Kenneth Lay or George W. Bush.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Renae
SFN Regular

543 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  05:46:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Renae a Private Message
Sorry, Lapcus, reverse psychology isn't likely to work on us skeptics. Nor is ridiculing the idea of working for a living (something many of us are proud to do.)

More than I am skeptical about anything, I am skeptical of people who want to separate me from my money. I've driven used car dealers into a frenzy with my refusal to buy. I can talk any salesperson into a circle. I'm virtually impossible to manipulate.

You can keep trying, though, because I admit I get a perverse pleasure out of hanging onto my money.

Let's see....hmmm...last I checked, my "retirement" was safely in several different mutual funds, spread out over many different companies. I can see where it is at any time, and I can take it out at any time (albeit with a tax penalty.) The rest of my "money" is in a savings account in an insured bank.

Poor, poor me. What a sucker I am.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  06:04:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Lapcus wrote:
quote:
To The Rest..... you are all aboslutly RIGHT...it is a SCAMM!!! RUN!! Go back to your jobs.
"work till you die...."
It human nature really....so I dont blame you all for the skepticism. Humans define thier reality threw hard toil and suffering...and after experiencing this for so long...people feel that this is how it is and should be. I took a while to "unbrainwash" myself from thie logic too. I am breaking the chains of this conditioning and am no longer "confused".
Nice set of strawmen you've got there. It's obvious to me that you still are brainwashed.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  06:23:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by lapcus

quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

The whole secretive nature of the plan sets off warning bells for me.

Gee, someone did get pissed off enough to complain about pureinvestor

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff31433.htm

Permit me to continue to be very wary of your claims. It still sounds like a Ponzi scheme and since you are only taking the word of the company for where the money comes from, it is still likely that it comes from other "investors".

It still has Title 18 problems.

This is the quote from the ripoff report

" A group associated with Pure Investor is making false promises in its advertising. The ads say that you are guaranteed 5 downline members recruited for you in one month. This did not happen. In fact, nothing happened. When I contacted the CEO of the company, he offered to buy my way into another group that was fulfilling their promises. This never happened either. He also claimed he had removed the parties that were scamming people. A couple hours later I got an email from the scammers saying to change the wording in our ads per the CEO. One company that I have found to actually do what they are promising is IWS. Their addess is www.beam.to/intern I hope this saves you some time and trouble.

Ben
McKinney, Texas "

....this is not the pureinvestor that is being talked about...there are no frontload downlines....you dont even have to sponsor.....who ever this person is....they are talking about something else.

You fellas are quick to call something scams.......let me guess....you all believe that the only way to make a living is to work ( JOB ).

Please any PIPSTERS reading this...please dont reply to this. Let them think what ever they want to think.... We dont want everyone joining in PIPS...we are the elite...there has got to be "somebody" to fill in the work force.....its just not going to be "me".

Warning bells should be deafening at this point. Claims of being part of the elite is common huckster language. Good morning, shill. On further review, I note that the article I linked to isn't the one I thought it was. I apologize for the error. However, any secretive company that doesn't reveal it's income streams isn't one that deserves trust. You still have not answered any questions on what holdings they have. I also note that other message boards which express skepticism at the scam are innundated with shills as well. Not a good pattern. Writing to PIPS scamees in an attempt to insulate them from dissent is very fishy.

http://p067.ezboard.com/fdiligizerduediligence.showMessage?topicID=18577.topic

quote:

You all can just take one look at the name of the company and yell "scam"

To Hally8296 ...dont try to convince these people. Let them be. When i tell people about this...and they say "there is no way"....I just say "ooook" .... with me being retired because of this program for over 3 months....and having made back what ive originaly invested....i don't care what a few "uneducated people have to say about this program" I just agree with them and live the dream that ive always wanted to live.

To Gorgo.... If you want know how PIPS makes money...then email this email address theoneworldman@yahoo.com and I will send you pages opon pages of info about this company and the were and how. Consider what I will send you and weigh it against what the "experts" in this forum have said. Then once educated, make your decision. Honestly....you can join or not...it really doesnt effect me....(hint im not trying to recruit you). Someone posted this link in the PIPS forum..so i checked it out. Amazed at the amount of ignorance, I decided to post.

"work till you die...."

with that I will close and leave you to this tidbit of knowledge

"capitalizm's very foundation is poverty...without poverty..capitalizm would collapse...not everyone can be wealthy...because who would work for who?
...We need the "ditch diggers and Pipe layers". Without them..I couldnt enjoy my cup O tea "

Money makes the world go round and there is a limited amount of it. Another skeptic on the message board linked to above looked at the information available and discovered that there is a financial incentive for members to recruit more members. This, old pot, is a classic sign of a pyramid scheme. I remain skeptical.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  09:18:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
If you guys don't think you're being scammed....

Come back in six months or a year and tell us how much money you've made.

Prove the skeptics wrong.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  14:13:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
quote:

You posted enough to come up with at least one true statement. Three cheers for lapcus and the mission to spread the good word about free money. Is it me or does lapcus come off sounding almost like they are in a religious fervor? This whole scheme stinks and no amount of name calling will cover up the smell.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  15:03:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

quote:

You posted enough to come up with at least one true statement. Three cheers for lapcus and the mission to spread the good word about free money. Is it me or does lapcus come off sounding almost like they are in a religious fervor? This whole scheme stinks and no amount of name calling will cover up the smell.

@

Ah... @tomic, there is still something missing in that quote!

It should have read:
quote:
You fellas are quick to call something scams.......let me guess....you all believe that the only way to make a honest living is to work ( JOB ).
(italics added by Dr. Mabuse)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

lapcus

13 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  18:34:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send lapcus a Private Message
hmmm.....i see that i have "ruffled" some feathers...
well...ill respond to all your post one- point- at- a- time

Renae- Sorry, Lapcus, reverse psychology isn't likely to work on us skeptics. Nor is ridiculing the idea of working for a living (something many of us are proud to do.)

Lapcus- You miss my point dear Renae. First off this program is NOT mulit-level Marketing. It benifits me very little if you were to join this program. I am not trying to "recruit" you or anyone in here. If this was MLM..then your point would be vailad..but since its not..well.... Like i said before " Someone posted this link in the PIPS forum..so i checked it out. Amazed at the amount of ignorance, I decided to post."
This is the reason you are seeing alot of new faces because of this link. As far as me ridiculing work....you miss me all again...I love people working for a living...you are the backbone of capitalizm...there would be no wealth people if it wasnt for people like you....what I am saying..is that "I" dont want to be one of the working force.

Renae- More than I am skeptical about anything, I am skeptical of people who want to separate me from my money. I've driven used car dealers into a frenzy with my refusal to buy. I can talk any salesperson into a circle. I'm virtually impossible to manipulate.

Lapcus- Again dear Renae I am not trying to sell you anything..I came here to defend the choice that Ive made...not to bring others in.

Renae- You can keep trying, though, because I admit I get a perverse pleasure out of hanging onto my money.

Lapcus- then hang onto your money then...let nothing happen to it...this program is not for you ( not reverse psychology)

Renae- Let's see....hmmm...last I checked, my "retirement" was safely in several different mutual funds, spread out over many different companies. I can see where it is at any time, and I can take it out at any time (albeit with a tax penalty.) The rest of my "money" is in a savings account in an insured bank.

Lapcus- good for you...as far as retirement...let me tell you something that ive noticed in this country (USA). Back when I was a working stiff there were alot of co-workers that were over 60 years old at my job. Some had retired from another job and the rest had retired from another job and the military. They all said that they were working because THEIR RETIREMENT WASNT ENOUGH TO LIVE OFF OF. Ive seen elderly men bagging groceries at stores...ive seen old women being laughed at by kids in a resturant because they dont look like the other younger..more livley waitereses.
I dont know what country you are in...but in America this is the fate of alot of people. If something is not done.....most people in the USA will WORK TILL THEY DIE. This realization has driven me to look for something better. I have found..and now I am retired (at age 25).
Funney thing the reason we have kentuky fried chicken is because of the same thing. Sanders (the founder of KFC) couldnt live off of his retirement so he came up with an idea..and that idea has made some really good chicken...(yum yum)

Renae- Poor, poor me. What a sucker I am.

Lapcus- no no dear Renae you are not a sucker...and dont think that Im calling you one. If that is the impression you got then I am sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dave W.- Nice set of strawmen you've got there. It's obvious to me that you still are brainwashed.

Lapcus- Strawmen??? And you are right one can not "unlearn" old habbits over night...it takes time. There is alot of mental conditioning that I must unlearn.
I am doing something about mine....are you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Valiant Dancer- Warning bells should be deafening at this point. Claims of being part of the elite is common huckster language.

Lapcus- Elite??....the "Elite" run most of the world and direct the "Masses" as they please. But thats another topic saved for the "conpiriscy room"...

Valiant Dancer- Good morning, shill. On further review, I note that the article I linked to isn't the one I thought it was. I apologize for the error.

Lapcus- YOU MEAN YOU DIDNT READ AND STUDY THIS BEFORE YOU POSTED IT??!?!?!?!.....why am I not surpirsed...this proves my whole point.
This qoute says it all.
"The highest form of ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about".....nuff said

Valiant Dancer- However, any secretive company that doesn't reveal it's income streams isn't one that deserves trust.

Lapcus- Secretive??? The info is out there and they have nothing to hide. And besides...judging from the "error" you made earlier...i dont believe you would even look for the info....just lable it a SCAM and go about your day.

Valiant Dancer- You still have not answered any questions on what holdings they have. I also note that other message boards which express skepticism at the scam are innundated with shills as well. Not a good pattern. Writing to PIPS scamees in an attempt to insulate them from dissent is very fishy.

Lapcus- I just sent someone a buttload of info and links to info that he can read.....IF and only "IF" you truly want to know more...then email me at the email giving in my first post. IF not...just yell SCAM and go about your business

Valiant Dancer- Money makes the world go round and there is a limited amount of it. Another skeptic on the message board linked to above looked at the information available and discovered that there is a financial incentive for members to recruit more members. This, old pot, is a classic sign of a pyramid scheme. I remain skeptical.

-Lapcus yes you are right there is a bonus you get for sponsoring someone. It is $10 a month. You dont have to tell anyone about this..and infact I havent went out "recruiting". People ask me what am i doing these days....I tell them. If they like then cool...if they dont...so what. The $10 a month is cool. An added bouns. But really its not that important I myself make almost 40 times that a day..thats right...a day.....so what is $10 a month?? There have been a few people that joined under the admin site that I refered....did i lose sleep....no...im just glad that they are in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude- If you guys don't think you're being scammed....
Come back in six months or a year and tell us how much money you've made.

Lapcus- ok deal....tell you what....in 6 months time...if ive been scammed...I will tell you all. And if I am not scammed...this is what I will do...I will personaly send you $1000. Hows that...its a win win situation for you. In 6 months $1000 will be "insignificant" to me..no different than a $10 bill. Keep in touch

Dude- Prove the skeptics wrong.

Lapcus- Dude I dont think that any amount of time will convince skeptics of anything.....in here ..there is a fine line between "skepticsizm" and "out right defiance" Just face the fact that not everyone is destined to be wealthy and i believe (my spiritual side comming out here) that the powers that be will not allow them to become wealthy.

------------------------------------------------------------------

@tomic- You posted enough to come up with at least one true statement. Three cheers for lapcus and the mission to spread the good word about free money.

Lapcus- Pardon me but this is NOT free money. It takes money to make money and I am not spreading nothing....Im not here to get you to make a choice...im only here to defend the "choice" ive made...
Like ive said...this is NOT for everyone..

@tomic- Is it me or does lapcus come off sounding almost like they are in a religious fervor? This whole scheme stinks and
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  19:25:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Hmm, yes. Well, I for one, wish you luck.

I very much doubt it, but I hope this thing is on the level. If it is not, you will surely come to regret it.

The lessons taught by life are hard and often painful to learn, but once learned, are very easy to remember.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  19:39:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
lapcus wrote:
quote:
Lapcus- Strawmen???
Indeed, strawmen: to misrepresent someone else's position in order to make it easy to attack. You created several strawmen:
To The Rest..... you are all aboslutly RIGHT...it is a SCAMM!!!
Not everyone here has decided PureInvestor must be a scam. I'd be interested in knowing if you can tell us into what the money is being invested.
RUN!! Go back to your jobs.
Not everyone here has a job.
I don't think anyone said this was required.
"work till you die...."
Given that I like my work, I certainly hope to work until I die, thanks.
The saying is, "if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is." The difference between this and what you wrote is immense.
The above is simply a crock of shit. There are two ways to make a living. One is to create for yourself the food, shelter, clothing (etc.) that you desire or require. The other way to make a living is to provide a skill, service, or commodity that other people are willing to repay with a service, skill or commodity that you desire or require. Many people do indeed trade their skills for money, which is probably what you mean by "a job," but not all do.

People who make money through investments do so by providing capital which others repay with interest. There are plenty of multi-millionaire investors in the world. I think very few of them - all of whom worked hard at their job - are involved in PureInvestor.
Humans define thier reality threw hard toil and suffering...
This human defines his reality through, well, reality. Hard work and suffering I reserve for things I enjoy.
and after experiencing this for so long...people feel that this is how it is and should be.
Nonsense. "What is" is not often "what ought to be." Look to Gandhi, Rosa Parks, etc. for examples about this.
I took a while to "unbrainwash" myself from thie logic too. I am breaking the chains of this conditioning and am no longer "confused".
If you believe the above quotes from you to be an accurate reflection of the ideas that most people have, I believe you are still confused.
quote:
And you are right one can not "unlearn" old habbits over night...it takes time.
When did I say anything about unlearning old habits overnight?
quote:
There is alot of mental conditioning that I must unlearn.
Yes, I think you're correct. I've seen such conditioning applied before, in programs such as Amway. It appears that PureInvestor has its own conditioning to apply, as well.
quote:
I am doing something about mine....are you?
Yes, I often try to discover if things I learned long ago (or recently) are wrong. You, on the other hand, given what you've posted here about your understanding of "most people," seem to be very rigid in your beliefs. I do not think you are succeeding in your quest nearly as well as you think you are.

Later, you wrote:
quote:
does the owner of the company you work at make a honest living??....he is making money off of YOU. Is that "honest"? Tell me...does the land lord make a HONEST living? He makes money off of YOU!!! How about the bankers ...you put their money into their "safe" hands and in a years time they make hundreds of times more money off of YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.....and how much do they pay you ???

The awnser is all YES. There are so many ways to make money out there that its unreal. Its just that working at a Job is the only one that most of us have been taught.
How the hell are "employer," "landlord" and "banker" not jobs? Do you have any idea what many of them put into their work?
quote:
Ive seen a study showing how a bank can make over 6 million dollars off of $3000 in 3 years time.
Perhaps you'd like to share the citation of that study with the rest of us. Sounds interesting to me, since if true, it's a 200,000% return in just 36 months, something I'd love to be able to replicate.

And later on, you wrote:
quote:
And please understand that im not trying to bash anyone.
Well, painting "the rest" of the people here with a broad brush full of strawmen certainly isn't a polite way to go about making your points. You could have tried harder to not bash people.

Oh, and $400 a day, you claim? After taxes, that's somewhere in the neighborhood of $73,000 a year, right? Best of luck in maintaining (or exceeding) that.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  21:17:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Lapcus- ok deal....tell you what....in 6 months time...if ive been scammed...I will tell you all. And if I am not scammed...this is what I will do...I will personaly send you $1000. Hows that...its a win win situation for you. In 6 months $1000 will be "insignificant" to me..no different than a $10 bill. Keep in touch

I accept!

I'm bookmarking this page of this thread.... I'll PM you in April to claim either your admission that you've been scamed, or my $1k.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  21:35:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
quote:
The awnser is all YES. There are so many ways to make money out there that its unreal. Its just that working at a Job is the only one that most of us have been taught.

Sure, lots of ways. Sure. All of them are work. All of them are jobs.

This tidbit is from Websters:

1 a : a piece of work; especially : a small miscellaneous piece of work undertaken on order at a stated rate b : the object or material on which work is being done c : something produced by or as if by work <do a better job next time> d : an example of a usually specified type : ITEM <this job is round-necked and sleeveless -- Lois Long>
2 a : something done for private advantage <suspected the whole incident was a put-up job> b : a criminal enterprise; specifically : ROBBERY c : a damaging or destructive bit of work <did a job on him>
3 a (1) : something that has to be done : TASK (2) : an undertaking requiring unusual exertion <it was a real job to talk over that noise> b : a specific duty, role, or function c : a regular remunerative position d chiefly British : state of affairs -- used with bad or good <it was a good job you didn't hit the old man -- E. L. Thomas>

As you can see even get-rich-quick schemes are "jobs" according to the English language. Your scheme seems to cover more than one at the same time!! Damn you are lucky. Better to be lucky than wise, eh?

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  00:01:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Dude, I suggest you get some way to contact him besides through this forum such as email as well as telephone number and home address. Good luck with the $1,000.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds.