New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 4

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  06:50:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
quote:
5) There will be a partial collapse of the Alaskan highway system, a permafrost melthole to be exact.

Man Looks like I might lose another one to 2004,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4120755.stm

Permafrost melting story, If this happens in the next 4 days im claiming victory!

Edit:Found this Link Adobe article, "Effects of climate change on the Alaskan Transportation Infastructure."

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 12/29/2004 06:58:35
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  00:03:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Bush will be suggested to be in a scandal, but there won't be enough evidence to show him guilty or there will be a cover up.

A single global wide computer virus will cause damage in the billions of dollars.

17, no more no less, diet pills will come out.

Canada will declare war on Turkey, invade their country, and then rename it Chicken. (name this comic)

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 12/31/2004 00:04:20
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  11:57:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Okay, folks. It didn't work last year, but I'm hoping for a better turnout this year. Better than zero shouldn't be too difficult, should it?

Make some predictions for what will happen in 2005. The "glaringly obvious prediction" joke has been done to death, so please avoid it (for example, "stocks will rise and fall"). Also, no predictions about yourselves ("I will get cancer"), and especially none which you can bring to life ("I will die horribly").

There is, actually, a serious reason for doing this. If we can develop a better long-term track record for predicting the future than the "professional" psychics, too bad for them. Please keep that in mind if you post.

And so, I predict that in 2005, an entirely new kind of human infection by a micro-organism will make the national news, much like "flesh-eating bacteria" ate their way into the public mind not so long ago. And no, I'm not talking about "bird flu," since it's already made the news.

You know, you're not going particularly far out on the limb with this one Dave.

Here's a few from me:

I predict the global average temperature will be higher in 2005 than in recorded history. That's not particularly out on the limb these days, I know.

I predict the US will conduct military strikes on a country other than Afghanistan and Iraq. I don't know which, but the most likely candidates are: Syria, N. Korea, Iran and/or Sudan. This I consider to be pretty far on the limb. We'll see.

I predict US soldiers will be fighting and dying in Iraq for every single month of 2005. I don't think this is particularly far on the limb and I honestly hope I'm wrong.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  14:46:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, and I'm pressed for time to check it out...

* Iraqs newly elected president will be assassinated before the end of the year.

Edit: Filthy said "attempt on his life" on the first page, but my vision is that he will be dead.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 01/05/2005 14:52:57
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  15:09:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Recent developments have me agreein' with Doc. Further, the assination will be an exceptionally loud and messy one, with lots more dead than merely the president.

That's if any Iraqi is foolhardy enough to show up at the polls to vote for him in the first place.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.