Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  06:48:46  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
God hates Sweden.
Now, how do you think my Swedish friend, who lost her sister and nephews, is feeling right now after she saw that (and brought to my attention)?

It's things like that that make me want Hell to exist just so those people could rot in it.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  06:56:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
I will take the tripe from this site as a compliment.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  07:00:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
In her words, "I feel sorry for them."
A-fucking-men.

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  07:44:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
Apparently (according to the link Siberia provided) God also hates America, Canada, and "fags". Charming guy, this God fellow.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  07:48:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Well if your government fail to upset the fundies, there is some thing seriously wrong with it...

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Edited by - Starman on 01/07/2005 08:01:01
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  07:56:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message
Such disrespect for those unfortunate enough to experience this disaster. If this is how god is, then it's no wonder he needs to threaten, harass and kill people in order to make them worship him. The good thing is of course that this god doesn't exist, and so there's no danger in stop believing in him - indeed it would only improve things.

Apparently deranged fundamentalists hate Swedes (therefor me, too) but quite frankly I wonder if I wouldn't be more worried if we were admired by them.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  08:06:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

Well if your government fail to upset the fundies, there is some thing seriously wrong with it...

Yeah, that's an excellent point, Starman. Of course, there is much that is seriously wrong with our government, but it is some consolation to know that the fundies are pissed.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

TG
Skeptic Friend

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  08:13:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send TG a Private Message
For those of you outside the US who aren't familiar with Fred Phelps, he and his family have made it their personal mission in life to rid the world of homosexuals and anyone who doesn't share their hatred of homosexuals. This is nothing new.
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  08:28:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

God hates Sweden.
Now, how do you think my Swedish friend, who lost her sister and nephews, is feeling right now after she saw that (and brought to my attention)?

It's things like that that make me want Hell to exist just so those people could rot in it.

People don't rot in hell. It's an oven in some places and a freezer in others, so the condemned are either nicely cooked or preserved on ice.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  08:29:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wendy

Apparently (according to the link Siberia provided) God also hates America, Canada, and "fags". Charming guy, this God fellow.

No no no. God loves America - that's how GW got re-elected. He does hate "fags" though, one of the reasons he gave GW Ohio.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  08:31:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TG

For those of you outside the US who aren't familiar with Fred Phelps, he and his family have made it their personal mission in life to rid the world of homosexuals and anyone who doesn't share their hatred of homosexuals. This is nothing new.

I bet he's in the the closet. The worst homophobes are the ones who have something real to fear from homosexuality - their own identity.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  08:57:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Phelps is a loathsome piece of white trash, unworthy of consideration. He is a child abuser as well as a madman. In Chaper Two of the above link, one of his sons describes he beatings he had to endure:

Up until the tsunami gave him somenting else to rave about, his big thing was placing monuments to Matthew Shepard, stating how long he'd been in hell, in various cities. At this writing, he's yet to get one up and opposition is growing.

quote:
STOP PHELPS!

Rev. Fred Phelps has proposed monuments to be erected in multiple cities nationwide.These monuments state that Matthew Sheppard is in hell. Phelps is trying to put the Matthew Sheppard Monument up in cities nationwide. The City of Casper has denied the erection of the monument but that is not stopping Phelps. He is protesting and fighting the ruling. Please, let the city of Casper and the state of Wyoming know how you feel about this matter.
On January 5, 2004 Phelps sent a letter to the City of Topeka with a check for $250. The check was to pay for a bench to be put up in a Topeka park stating: "Matt Shepard in Hell. He Defied God's Law."
January 20, 2004 Phelps sent a letter to the city of Winston-Salem, NC requesting a permit to erect a monument. The same monument that he proposed to the City of Casper, WY. This is part of Phelps attempt to erect these monument nationwide. He has been denied by Wyoming and Idaho and is currently looking into pursuing legal suits against the cities. Soon he will be attempting to have a monument in your state. It is time for us to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

It is a credit to the Baptists that his congregation is small, indeed, mainly comprised of his own, benighted family.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  09:01:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

I will take the tripe from this site as a compliment.

You're being hated by Fred Phelps phundie phobic extrodinarre. This is the sick, twisted fuck that got a group together to picket a murdered gay man's funeral.

If Fred Phelps is ardently denouncing what you're doing, you're usually doing something right.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  09:09:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

That's oh so true.

-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  09:11:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
That is a terrible fuckin website. But is it really God who creates these things or is it man? Man's perception of What God should be? IS? The Hebrew God was not one of Compassion. He was cruel. Until he came in the form of Jesus Christ. God sort of grew up... But despite all this terrible claims by the RR the symbolism of religion can teach us very important lessons.
I was once on my way to Seminary, Gettysbburg to be exact, my goal to be a Pastor for the dying and bereived... But I could never just give up my pagan ways i.e. wicca, odinism The Christian and Hebrew God were just not for me. My husband thought maybe we should try Universilists.. We thought maybe we would try Union Theological... But we just could not...
What the religious right forget is the compassion of Jesus Christ... To forgive all others.... He is a SYMBOL of Compassion, unconditional love, forgiveness, just like Mithra.
This is how we should be towards those poor souls who lost their lives, who are dying who are grieving over this Tsunami.
I pray for those missing Swedes...
For all my Swedish friends on here Maverick, Starman, and my favorite swede DR. Mabuse!!!!!
Peace and love to you !!!!!
Ah shit my religious side just came out
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  10:06:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
What the religious right forget is the compassion of Jesus Christ... To forgive all others.... He is a SYMBOL of Compassion, unconditional love, forgiveness, just like Mithra.

No Storm Mothra was actually evil, Godizilla killed Mothra and saved what was left of Tokyo.

I hope that swine Phelps goes to prison for tax evasion or something I have a feeling some fellow prisoner would give him his 'just rewards'.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.