New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  23:34:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

That turned you in a Hal and Linda's believer. Sorry for you.
You didn't put any evidence about their claim , just their “words” “pledging” you to believe in them.

I've got no evidence which says that they are lying about MoeFaux's scholarship.

Dave , Dave : you should put it in positive : “I've got no evidence that they are telling the truth about MoeFaux's scholarship.
See? That is the way a real skeptic should act.

quote:

quote:

It was a scandal after the JREF gave those scholarships.
The JREF donators who read about it protested and stopped contributing. That is a fact.

As far as I can tell, precisely three people stopped donating after the MoeFaux "scandal" broke. You make it sound like everyone quit donating afterwards, which simply isn't true.

Read again what I wrote : “the JREF donators who read about it”.
Unless you are sure all the JREF donators read about it, your claim is weak.
Your forum will help the other donators to take a look to the JREF scholarship scandal.

quote:

quote:

Who is Hal? Chris ‘s father? What do you expect from a father that was also the JREF director?
Sorry , you are acting as a JREF believer.

I've got no evidence which tells me that Hal lied about his son's internship.

Dave , Dave , again . You should wrote this : “I've got no evidence which tells me that Hal told the truth about his son's internship.”
Remember , you pretend to be a real skeptic.

quote:

quote:

It is still your problem if you didn't read what Evil Yeti's said about it.

Why is it my problem? As far as I can tell, this is between MoeFaux, EvilYeti, and the JREF. It wasn't even your problem, really, until you decided to make unsupported allegations. And it's only my problem because I'm an administrator here.

This is between Moefaux, Evil Yeti, Hal Bidlack and his son , James Randi and the JREF board, the JREF donators, Randi's fans and the skeptic and pseudo skeptic community.
And since it is just one side JREFtopic (until now) …why you are still worried about it?

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  13:06:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Dave , Dave : you should put it in positive : “I've got no evidence that they are telling the truth about MoeFaux's scholarship.
A real skeptic would acknowledge the legal ramifications of what you're claiming, and also acknowledge the law of the land in which the alleged crime occured: innocent until proven guilty. So unless you've got evidence that Hal and Linda were lying about MoeFaux's scholarship, they must be granted the benefit of a doubt.
quote:
So you're saying that only three people who read about the MoeFaux "scandal" were JREF donators, and all the rest who contributed to the several threads were not. Got any evidence?
quote:
I made no claim, I was trying to get clarification on your claim.
quote:
Your forum will help the other donators to take a look to the JREF scholarship scandal.
Well, you've done that. Why do you persist? Why aren't you spending your time on a more-popular forum, to get a wider audience?
quote:
And since it is just one side JREFtopic (until now) …why you are still worried about it?
Because you're displaying complete ignorance of the American legal system.
quote:
The JREF forum was “pruned” …guess by whom?
Yes , Hal Bidlack ( the JREF forum administrator and JREF Director). That is a fact.
Any JREF forum member here that can deny this?Nonone?
You still cannot prove that any of those "pruned" threads contained any information to prove your accusations. You're acting as a pseudoskeptic.
quote:
Hal Bidlack ( the JREF director) never denied his own son received a JREFschoolarship.
On this page, it doesn't look like anyone ever seriously claimed that Chris got a scholarship. Why should Hal deny an accusation that nobody made before his post?

On the next page, who is it who suggests that Chris Bidlack got a scholarship? Carlos, that's who. And immediately, Pyrrho denies that Chris was given a scholarship. Carlos later admits his error. On the next page, Carlos wrote to Hal, "...when your own son was allowed to work as an JREF intern..." Should Hal have denied a scholarship after this? If so, why?

And then you wrote:
Facts of "paranormal schoolarships"

1.- $ 5000 to a lady that probably had sex with Penn.
2.- $ xxxxx to the son of the JREf director because maybe he carried some boxes and

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  13:36:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Dave... you've a remarkable patience.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Edited by - Siberia on 03/01/2005 13:37:25
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  21:19:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave.

quote:

A real skeptic would acknowledge the legal ramifications of what you're claiming, and also acknowledge the law of the land in which the alleged crime occured: innocent until proven guilty. So unless you've got evidence that Hal and Linda were lying about MoeFaux's scholarship, they must be granted the benefit of a doubt.

Playing the role of a court's judge?
If you want to give them the benefit of the doubt, is because you are acting as a pseudo skeptic.They are not sacred cows. When money is involved , things should be clear and transparent.
This is about skepticism and evidence.
Then don't forget that you don't have any evidence that they are telling the truth about the JREF scholarship scandal. Saying that will not carry YOU any kind of legal problem. Go with your poor excuse to somebody else.

quote:

quote:

So you're saying that only three people who read about the MoeFaux "scandal" were JREF donators, and all the rest who contributed to the several threads were not. Got any evidence?

I am saying what is written there. Don't put words I didn't say.

quote:

quote:

I made no claim, I was trying to get clarification on your claim.

Yes you did : “You make it sound like everyone quit donating afterwards, which simply isn't true.”
False. Liar. Another attempt to put words I didn't say.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, you've done that. Why do you persist? Why aren't you spending your time on a more-popular forum, to get a wider audience?

I am having a good time here and teaching how to debate to some weak pseudo sceptics.
What I do with my time is non of your business.
If yo

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  10:21:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Playing the role of a court's judge?
No, playing the role of disinterested observer.
quote:
If you want to give them the benefit of the doubt, is because you are acting as a pseudo skeptic.
Okay, then, I'll treat your statements as you wish to treat Hal and Linda's statements: I've got no evidence that your above statement is not a lie.
quote:
They are not sacred cows.
Unless you've got evidence of that, I'll have to assume it's a lie.
quote:
When money is involved , things should be clear and transparent.
quote:
This is about skepticism and evidence.
quote:
Then don't forget that you don't have any evidence that they are telling the truth about the JREF scholarship scandal.
quote:
Saying that will not carry YOU any kind of legal problem.
quote:
Go with your poor excuse to somebody else.
Wow, you sound exactly like Carlos.
quote:
Yes you did : "You make it sound like everyone quit donating afterwards, which simply isn't true."
False. Liar. Another attempt to put words I didn't say.
Apparently you don't understand implied questions. I'll make sure that every question I have for you is explicit from now on.
quote:
I am having a good time here and teaching how to debate to some weak pseudo sceptics.
quote:
What I do with my time is non of your business.
quote:
If you think you are having a bad time with me , just close ( again) this

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  22:38:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:

Oh, and this part of what you said in your last post deserves special mention:
-------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Bidlack never denied his own son received a scholarship. That is a fact.
--------------------------------------------------------------

And you never denied the accusations of beastiality made against you. Should we take them seriously? Hal also never denied that Chris was unpaid as an intern. According to your logic, latinijral, we have to believe that, also. You've never, to my knowledge, denied that you are a 3,000-kilo octopus.

Still believing in Hal's words or the JREF ?
For your record : they lost credibility.
Linda is another member of the JREF board.

http://www.randi.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=ea9eaa0bcd7811aeb37d3f17b2edec29&threadid=14965&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

Girl 6 : Fact: The JREF states that it is none of our business why they awarded Moe the scholarship. Or rather, they state that since no one else came forward, she got it by default.

Andalyn: I would also like to point out that while we were told that "no one came forward" - there are two fundamental problems with that statement.

1 - There obviously was someone else, and they were awarded a smaller prize of $2000.00

2 - According to the "Learning" portion of the JREF website - the past precendent is that when no suitable candidates come forward, the money is not awarded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linda : JREF hadn't given out scholarships for several years due to a lack of funds.
We had barely enough to keep ourselves afloat, much less award grants or scholarships. With TAM 2 as successful as it was, (mainly due to Johnny Carson's generous donation) we felt we could make some awards when we recognized that our interns deserved them.
It's not like we have a separate account budgeted for scholarships, and it's not that we have a long line of applicants; the recipients were here and deserving.

-

quote:

quote:

Evil Yeti, who was a JREF donator, was the one who had the balls to encourage the JREF board to explain why the money was allowed to someone who didn't even applied to the JREF scholarship as the rules stated by that time.

There were no posted rules. And what was posted did not suggest that an application was required.

quote:

The Foundation is dedicated to education that enhances critical thinking and the understanding of science. Every year, the James Randi Educational Foundation makes several awards to students and educators for their outstanding work in promoting rational and critical thinking. We ask for essays or projects related to the paranormal, supernatural, or occult, and/or outlines of courses offered to students by educators, courses that critically examine such matters. We did not receive any suitable submissions for the year 2000! See the awards granted in 1999.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was posted, before the JREF scholarship scandal, clearly stated what wa

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  03:48:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I don't get it. Why is all this of such concern to you, latinijral? To hear you tell it, one'd think Randi took the $5,000 out of your billfold at gunpoint, and gave it to Moe. Such was not the case, was it? Was any of the money ever donated to JREF yours?

As to the internships, that's up to JREF, isn't it? It is perfectly within their rights and bylaws to make awards to interns as they see fit. And, as long as they are not undulging in pedophilia or some such, the private lives of those involved, and the relationships thereof, are their own, for good or ill.

Look, you keep shouting "FRAUD!!" with nothing but innuendo to support it. If you took this case to a district attorney, he'd not waste his time with it. If you took it to a lawyer, unless he was a super-sleezy, ambulance-chaser type and you paid him cash up front, he wouldn't bother with it either.

Here's an idea: get in touch with the Westboro Baptist Church and tell the Rev. Phelps and his perverted, little clan that you think the JREF is filled with all sorts of sodomites. That'll fix 'em!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  07:03:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy.
I don't get it. Why is all this of such concern to you, latinijral? To hear you tell it, one'd think Randi took the $5,000 out of your billfold at gunpoint, and gave it to Moe. Such was not the case, was it? Was any of the money ever donated to JREF yours?

Dear filthy :
Your perspective is so selfish .
If it was not also your money, why are you worried here?

It is not a matter of who donated the money.

It is a matter of how a donated money to the JREF became an scandal that some JREF donators stopped contributing to the James Randi Educational Foundation.

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  07:22:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by filthy.

Dear filthy :
Your perspective is so selfish .
If it was not also your money, why are you worried here?

It is not a matter of who donated the money.

It is a matter of how a donated money to the JREF became an scandal that some JREF donators stopped contributing to the James Randi Educational Foundation.

Why do you continuously think that people are worried here. I have seen nobody here make any statement remotely justifying such an assumption. What everybody seems to be asking is why [Iyou[/I] care?

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  08:13:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
And I still don't see how giving some chick some money is fraud...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  08:24:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
As well as hiring someone as an intern and giving them money for the work they do. It happens quite a lot, you know.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  08:25:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by tomk80
What everybody seems to be asking is why [Iyou[/I] care?

Why you care that I care?

Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  08:28:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:

As well as hiring someone as an intern and giving them money for the work they do. It happens quite a lot, you know.

What work?
They confessed they gave Moe the donators money for pity.
Pity was not in the merits.

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  08:30:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:

quote:

What work?
They confessed they gave Moe the donators money for pity.
Pity was not in the merits.

I was talking about Bidlack's son, who was an intern there? Remember?

Tom

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  08:31:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:

quote:
What everybody seems to be asking is why [Iyou[/I] care?

Why you care that I care?

Just interested in your motives. Your one of the more deranged people I've seen on the net, and I'm always interested in what drives people like you to keep on posting nonsense.

Tom

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds.