Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Wanna think your a god? Join the Iluminati!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2005 :  19:37:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Verlich
I have looked at the material that you have presented. Thank you for taking the time to gather and assemble the information. I have found that I cannot agree with any of it. I see no evidence of any of the following;

1. World wide conspiracies
2. Masons or elks or any other clubs worshiping goddesses or demons
3. Demons
4. Gods (pagan or otherwise)
5. Ghosts
6. The bible as a factual book

Perhaps your efforts could be better spent on a forum where evidence and proof are not held in such high regard. I feel that your efforts in educating the people on this site will be for naught.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  08:35:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

I tried the witchcraft thing, too, but then I grew bored. My friend's a witch still, though. Sorry V, I'm not the believer type to summon demons and stuff. Think I'll keep being the evil evolutionist/scientist...

Summoning demons would mean there is a God. So you'll just stick to Ghosts (psst, they are really demons), that is what they do at the Mother Goddess level of wiccan, they summon demons. You can't seem to observe the spitual wickness in the world, you can see the actions of humans bent on death and destruction. You think they are being led by their own actions?

Well, well, well. More unadulterated lies from good ol' verlch.

What's that Bible passage about not bearing false witness against someone?

Well, since I've been a Wiccan for 15 years, ordained in 1992 (since expired), and familiar with the workings of Wicca (which you are clearly not), let's examine your claims which seem to spew forth from your anus without regard to truth.

1) There is no such thing as a Mother Goddess level of Wicca
2) The degree system shows level of understanding for the tenets of Wicca and understanding of ceremonial majick
3) Wicca summons no demons
4) Wicca celebrates life and the cycle of rebirth

It's not like I don't expect this from you. I really do because of the complete ignorance you show about the Bible. The quotes you use to justify your positions seem spoon-fed from Falwell.

Never again, the burning times.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  00:08:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NewAge/New_World_Order.htm

Theres a bunch of New Age stuff on here!!!

You guys will sit there and follow Darwin word for word and ingnore the rest of his buddies???

How could that be???

As a liberal the New Order shoudln't bother you. As a Christian they could silence us and not allow us to practice our faith. There are saying all religions are One. I believe in One religion and that is the bible. Nothing else will do, everything else is connected to itself and evoltuion. The bible stands alone, that is why many want to burn it!!!!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  00:59:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NewAge/New_World_Order.htm

Theres a bunch of New Age stuff on here!!!

You guys will sit there and follow Darwin word for word and ingnore the rest of his buddies???

How could that be???

Actually, Darwin is a little outdated. There have been great advances in our understanding of evolution in the last century and a half.

quote:
As a liberal the New Order shoudln't bother you. As a Christian they could silence us and not allow us to practice our faith. There are saying all religions are One. I believe in One religion and that is the bible. Nothing else will do, everything else is connected to itself and evoltuion. The bible stands alone, that is why many want to burn it!!!!

Are you shitting me!? Christians are vastly in the majority in this country, and indeed, the world (followed by Islam, which is rapidly closing the gap), and nobody to my reccollection has burned a Bible, not even I. I suppose if you really must have some scorched Scripture, I could arrainge something, but it seems like an awful lot of bother for meaningless symbolism.

I think you see demons where none exist.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  05:31:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Ah, the persecute christian...The year is 2005 btw. Just because fundie-christians do not get every piece of pyscotic legislation passed and because the "god hates fags" crowd is laughed at does NOT mean christians are being persecuted world wide.

Get over yourself.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  09:03:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Verlch:

Persecuted Christians my ass. There are Christians out there who believe that not allowing them to turn this country into a Christian theocracy is persecution. If you want to know persecution, look at the world's theocracies, past and present.

I am so sick of Christians whining about how they are persecuted when they enjoy the same rights as any other religious group, all protected by the same constitution. Hey Verlch, ask yourself this; are you sure that if we were a Christian theocracy, your particular Christian sect would be protected by whatever Christian sect gains power?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  11:21:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Christians whine about persecution all the time; well, maybe we really should start persecuting them. It seems only fair; they've been persecuting everybody else including each other since the early days of the religion's gaining power -- during the reign of Constantine, wasn't it?

Yes, let's outlaw evanglism. As soon as some devout motormouth starts irritating the public, he shall be clapped in irons and keelhauled. And if it so happens that he's cluttering up the TV channels at a time when innocent children might be watching, a good flogging after the keelhaul would be appropriate.

Prayer should be banned everywhere except in dark closets, the place most approved by the late Jesus; prayer in churches to be considered on a case by case basis. Anyone found praying in public shall be bastinadoed. If the prayer was done in an obstentatious way, the offender's jaws shall be wired shut afterward for a time no less than a broken jaw normally takes to heal.

No more 'bathtub virgins'. Anyone having one of these eyesores in their front yard gets buried under it. Having it in the back yard is permissable as long as long as it is out of the view of passersby. However, if it is intended to be a public pissoir, it will be permissable in the front.

Anyone found with a plastic Jesus, or any other, religious icon, on the dashboard of their car will ticketed for reckless endangerment and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of superstition. The punishment is thumbscrews for a length of time as comparable to the speed of the vehicle, but not less than the speed limit on the road where the infraction occured.

Displays of the Ten Commandments are permissable as long as the ones refering to God are erased. Violaters will be fined their first-born child. A second infraction will result in the violater's mother being sold into a Ugandian bordello, and the culpret himself flogged through the fleet.

Passing out tracts, especally Chick tracts and Watchtowers, will be considered malicious littering and anyone found guilty of doing so will be forced to clean Bourbon Street with his tongue after every Mardi Gras baccanalia for no less than five years running.

Attempting to sell edible garbage showing the alledged Virgin and/or Jesus on Ebay, will be punished as larceny resulting in the amputation of one hand, which hand to be chosen by the offender. Claiming to see these images in dirty windows, rusty oil tanks, or puke puddles on Bourbon Street will be considered madness and the offender shall be incarcerated in a modern Bedlam that is renovated to be just like the old Bedlam until his sanity returns.

And so forth. Y'see friend V, you ain't got it so bad. In fact, y'all Christians have it pretty good: I'm not in charge....

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/24/2005 13:25:22
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  14:44:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

If you see the ties between the light of baphopmet, the star with the goat you can see the connection between all of them. Then you remeber what the angel of light told Eve in the garden, you will become a god know both good and evil. Then the illuminati on the website claim that you are a god also. Just letting the illuminati know who they are following!

That was posted by a 33 degree master mason in a different forum, which gives this even more credibility.

Be a God or create a God, I'm not sure I see a difference. All you need is compelling marketing with a foundation of fear and you should be successful. Especially so if you can garner the support of a government. "Hey all you sheep, follow me."

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  16:08:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

There are saying all religions are One. I believe in One religion and that is the bible.
And I believe in no religion whatsoever, and am content to watch you duke it out with the newagers. Just don't let your fight spill onto my lawn, and everything will be fine.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  22:51:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

Ah, the persecute christian...The year is 2005 btw. Just because fundie-christians do not get every piece of pyscotic legislation passed and because the "god hates fags" crowd is laughed at does NOT mean christians are being persecuted world wide.

Get over yourself.

I don't care if the year is 1 BC... The point of the matter is, 'Get over yourself' pal!!!! Just because we can turn on a computer in Godless France, from the north pole, does not mean we can run around honking our own horns!!!!

I love free will and it seems your Progressive Liberal Hedonist Cabbalists are taking away more rights than they are giving us, ie Patriot Acts I II III, search and siezure, drugs, our guns, prayer in schools, ten commandments and the such. You mean to tell me that taking my 'gun' is going to help our freedoms.

Listen closely, I think Christians do not like gays because we can get destroyed because of them aka Sodom and Gomorrah...

Sure I deserve hell fire as hot as the next guy, but I am depending on the mercy of God to forgive me of my sins. That is my prayer and my free will.

I don't have a problem with gays per say. Just the fact it brings shame upon men. God calls it an abomination, two men that is. And two women make us men look bad, it brings same on mankind!!!

I'm all for free will until it blasts me into a new orbit!!!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  00:39:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pleco

Get over yourself.

I don't care if the year is 1 BC... The point of the matter is, 'Get over yourself' pal!!!! Just because we can turn on a computer in Godless France, from the north pole, does not mean we can run around honking our own horns!!!!

I love free will and it seems your Progressive Liberal Hedonist Cabbalists are taking away more rights than they are giving us, ie Patriot Acts I II III, search and siezure, drugs, our guns, prayer in schools, ten commandments and the such. You mean to tell me that taking my 'gun' is going to help our freedoms.

Listen closely, I think Christians do not like gays because we can get destroyed because of them aka Sodom and Gomorrah...

Sure I deserve hell fire as hot as the next guy, but I am depending on the mercy of God to forgive me of my sins. That is my prayer and my free will.

I don't have a problem with gays per say. Just the fact it brings shame upon men. God calls it an abomination, two men that is. And two women make us men look bad, it brings same on mankind!!!

Mon Dieu, quel non-sens!

Erm, like it of not, the loathsome Patriot Act and the rest of it is the collective brainfart of Christians. And what's the big deal with school prayer, anyway -- I've never been able to figure that one out. Any kid can pray to his heart's content, to any god and in any school in the land. And along about exam time, a great many do. You just can't force someone else's kid to pray if he doesn't want to. That burns the Christian's collective ass, doesn't it? Not being able to force their lunacy upon others like they could in the good ol' days of the 14th Century.

Heh, pray in one hand, piss in the other and see which fills up first.

quote:
After all this time, and knowing you as well as we do, we have yet to be able to plot your orbit. Nothing wrong with that -- being in a different orbit is called freedom!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  07:15:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

No, you can't. Not if you have faith in Christ. If you do, you're saved.

This is just another example of a Christian who ignores the central tenets of Christianity in order to rationalize away his own sin.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  07:37:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
"Godless France"

WTF? Did France become godless because they didn't go along with Your War?

"I am depending on the mercy of God to forgive me of my sins. That is my prayer and my free will."

Oh god, I choose to beg you not to burn me for all eternity because you love me so much!

So you think having a gun to your head demanding your obsequience is freedom?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  09:30:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Verlch, I bet you loved the movie National Treasurer

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  09:55:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
By definition I already am a god, of my ant farm.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds.