Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

ejdalise
Skeptic Friend

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  14:49:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ejdalise's Homepage Send ejdalise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ejdalise

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Hello ejdalise
quote:
hmmmm . . . say, I could just copy the posts from over there and paste them here . . . it would certainly save me a lot of time and typing.

Whole posts: only if you wrote them yourself, otherwise we have a potential copyright issue. Selected pieces are ok though, preferably with a link to the original, as this would fall under "fair use".

My ego is too big for me to even consider using something other than what I personally wrote . . . I like what I say too much to give time to others.

That said, it would still feel like cheating . . . I'll stick to original content only.

ejd

--- Disperser ---
Winning enemies and aggravating friends since 1953
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  18:41:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

All done.

Thanks! Finally get back on line and what do you know, my brand new computer crashed. Obviously I was just able to get it replaced.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943
Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  14:13:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone!

I've found this place simply by Googling the keywords "skeptic" and "forum". I did this because I was a member of a general subject forum that is slowly being taken over by Creationists.

*cue organ chord*

From what I have read of some of your posts I'd like to say that it's good to know that there is a group of people with a reasonable mindset all packed together in one community.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and reading your ideas and information!

"Nothing frightens me more than religion at my door."

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  15:16:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wwlcome to SFN, maledoro! We haven't yet been taken over by Creationists, though some seem to have tried. Make yourself feel at home.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

1amY41think

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  01:17:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send 1amY41think a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
Just registered without reading too much, my name is bruce.
The name, the aim and the politeness of the website is what caused me to do this.
I have a keen interest in conversation about anything.
I am particularly interested in human beings and how they think and react to things.
I love truth above all else and am probably better than average at delivering it, but well short of the far too lofty heights, to which I am not foolish enough to actually aspire.
I welcome perspectives of me, that others form and often make the mistake of assuming others will also.
I am happy discussing (or listening to) any subject in which the participants are genuinely willing to keep an open mind.
I have practically no formal education but perhaps I had enough ability to get one.
Who can know, I never really tried.
Can rarely remain general enough to not antagonise or bore any
person who just doesn't want to work that hard.
But I will be on my best behaviour, at least 'til you get to know me.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  07:29:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN 1amY41think. I'm not so sure we will live up to your expectation of politeness based on what you have read on the site so far, but I suppose that sort of thing is relative. You may be surprised at how aggressive we can be.

Anyhow, enjoy the site. I look forward to your contributions to the dialog here.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  07:38:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 1amY41think and welcome.

As Kil said, we can get pretty fractious, even vicious in here, in this, our everlasting and too-often futil search for truth (in the eye of the beholder, I sometimes think).

But come in the house and sit yourself down. We're looking foreward to your input!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  09:25:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, 1amY41think. Welcome to the site. And yes, we do talk to Aussies. Even ones that write in this strange style that almost looks like haiku.
Go to Top of Page

Podblack

9 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  07:55:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Podblack's Homepage Send Podblack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello! Someone linked to a blog post and I followed it here. :) I'm usually just writing my blog and studying. I recognise Edj from Skepticality (hello!) and Kil (hello!).
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  09:04:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Podlack. Welcome to SFN!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  11:35:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, and welcome to SFN, 1amY41think and Podblack! I hope you will both hang around and contribute your ideas.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  06:48:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Podlack, and welcome to Skeptic Friends Network

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

graffias79

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  09:22:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send graffias79 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, my name is Jamie and I am a skeptic. I found this site linked from Wikipedia. I used to play the organ at a church about 10-12 years ago until the cat got out of the bag regarding my sexual orientation. I have always been fascinated by science. Aside from an almost abnormal fascination with Star Trek I am not a fan of sci-fi or horror. I am not much for television or movies at all in fact. I love to read science non-fiction and read articles online. I also love to collect and play vinyl records. One of my hobbies is analog to digital conversion and noise reduction.

I look forward to learning a lot from this site

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  11:46:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by graffias79

Hello, my name is Jamie and I am a skeptic. I found this site linked from Wikipedia. I used to play the organ at a church about 10-12 years ago until the cat got out of the bag regarding my sexual orientation. I have always been fascinated by science. Aside from an almost abnormal fascination with Star Trek I am not a fan of sci-fi or horror. I am not much for television or movies at all in fact. I love to read science non-fiction and read articles online. I also love to collect and play vinyl records. One of my hobbies is analog to digital conversion and noise reduction.

I look forward to learning a lot from this site

Jamie
Hi graffias79. Welcome to SFN. So your interest in playing the organ at church was clearly more about playing the organ, and not the being in church?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  12:04:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Skeptic Friends Network, graffias79! Make yourself at home and feel free to express yourself -- we don't discriminate against musicians.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds.