Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  00:24:15  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
The city is dying, slowly being overrun by zombies.
After reports of the initial outbreak, a military quarantine zone was declared and barricades were set up around the city of Malton.

But not all people made it out in the evacuation, some citizens refused to leave their home, some saw the opportunity for looting. Now they battle for their lives against zombies taking over the city. Current estimate is 100'000 zombies and rising. Can the city of Malton be saved?

The Urbad Dead are roaming the streets looking for you to fill their reeking ranks...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  00:31:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
As in many other cases, it seems that teaming up together in gangs improve the chances of survival. There are already gangs in Malton.

Now a new gang comes together:

Suburban Friends Network

One of the members is named Michael Mabuse, a nurse with basic training in First Aid. You'll recognize him by the T-shirt he's wearing, with the text "Skeptic Friends Network - Why not question something for a change". Have a look at him, and maybe get one of those T-shirts yourself...

(Edit: Later on in this thread, we'll decide on a common design description of the T-shirt for comformity)

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 11/13/2005 13:43:15
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  00:35:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Michael Mabuse is currently hiding out alone in Fryerbank, one of the most south east suburbs of Malton.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  09:25:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Michael Mabuse is currently hiding out alone in Fryerbank, one of the most south east suburbs of Malton.

I also have a guy in the area-- G Gordon:

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=171252

Perhaps we could arrange to all have our full load of APs by Wednesday evening and meet somewhere in Freyerbank during chat and go kill some zombies! Anyone else interesting in tagging along should make a character now and have her/him make her/his way to Freyebank now.

If you have any questions or want suggestions for how to survive and thrive as a human in Urban Dead, feel free to post them here!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  09:41:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
during chat

But Kil will yell at us!

I too, have a guy down in Freyerbank. What a coincidence.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  12:53:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:
during chat

But Kil will yell at us!

I too, have a guy down in Freyerbank. What a coincidence.

Where is your guy, Ricky? You left me last week and now I'm fending for myself!!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  13:44:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Greenland Police Department. It's heavily barricaded, so don't plan on staying the night if you don't have free running.

I've circled the place looking for zombies to gain some xp, but there really seems to be none. It's a pretty safe area, at least for now...

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  13:44:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
This is Michael Mabuse.

I'm currently camping out in St. Seraphim's Hospital.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 11/13/2005 13:46:44
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  13:56:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
How is it barricaded Mab? Shall we all meet there by Wednesday chat? Making sure you have full ap's of course.

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  14:26:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Sure... My character is 1st level only, and I'm wasting a lot of AP's trying to heal people that don't need it, 'cause I can't tell if they need it. Once I get to buy Diagnose I'll be able to rise quicker in levels.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  14:48:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
This is my character Blue Axe, a level 21 fireman. I have all the human skills. I now use spare XP on zombie skills whenever I die. Makes getting around as a zombie easier.

I'm currently in Judgewood, opposite side of the city as you guys.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 11/13/2005 14:52:17
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  15:13:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

This is my character Blue Axe, a level 21 fireman. I have all the human skills. I now use spare XP on zombie skills whenever I die. Makes getting around as a zombie easier.

I'm currently in Judgewood, opposite side of the city as you guys.
Well perhaps in the next few days we should work on meeting up somewhere-- ideally at a place where we can kill some zeds. In the spirit of the new group, my guy now sports an SFN t-shirt. (Check the profile linked above.)

Perhaps it's a bit much to expect to move across the city in such a short time, but maybe if we all picked a spot in the upper centeral part of Marlton, we could plan on a group effort during chat in 2 weeks. Til then, Mab, Ricky, and I-- plus others!-- should plan on having full APs by Wednesday. Mab, load up on your FAKs. Ricky has diagnosis and can tell you who to heal. And since we're going zed hunting, it might just be us!!

Last Wednesday, Dave and I did some human hunting and it was enough to get me a full level!

Oh-- and BTW, if anyone is interested in running around as zombies, post here and I'll give you our coordinates. We can also take a few moments on Wednesday to kill some humans, too!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  15:19:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist
Last Wednesday, Dave and I did some human hunting and it was enough to get me a full level!
Zombie scum!

I don't know about where it is out by you guys, but things are hairy in Judgewood. Lot's of back and forth assaults. Currently there is a coordinated zombie mob 120+ strong in the vicinity laying waste to most everything it comes across. I'm holed up in a police station with about 60 other survivors. Most of my APs are spent looking for ammo and keeping barricades up.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  15:30:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:
Zombie scum!

I don't know about where it is out by you guys, but things are hairy in Judgewood. Lot's of back and forth assaults. Currently there is a coordinated zombie mob 120+ strong in the vicinity laying waste to most everything it comes across. I'm holed up in a police station with about 60 other survivors. Most of my APs are spent looking for ammo and keeping barricades up.

Holy shit-- really? How fun!! Over where my main human is, in the SW of the city, it's very organized. Zeds are rare, and there are a number of high-level people. Though I don't want to jinx it, I am not sure how easy it would be for zeds to take us on. We'll see, I guess...
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  15:42:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Til then, Mab, Ricky, and I-- plus others!-- should plan on having full APs by Wednesday. Mab, load up on your FAKs. Ricky has diagnosis and can tell you who to heal. And since we're going zed hunting, it might just be us!!

How much stuff are we allowed to carry?

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  19:27:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
None of my guys are close to Fryerbank. Not that it matters with one of them, who's permanently zombie. The other two need to find some kind, revivifying soul...

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.