Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  13:26:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Mozina
Again, this is probably an age factor. I've seen "dark matter" and "dark energy" now used to explain the "majority" of matter in more recent astronomical theory, whereas when I was a kid, these things would have sounded very far fetched. The changes that are taking place in astronomy right now are substancial, and more recently they've frankly been rather "ad hoc". What *exactly* is "dark energy" for instance?

When you've seen the kinds of changes I've seen over the last 20 years, you start to realize that change is inevitable, and it's not that "scary" I suppose.
Ugh. So here's my point: your argument is based largely on some fuzzy images that we can all agree are rather controversial. (Else there wouldn't be such disagreement.) But the implications of your arguments go far beyond discerning what some images are. You are arguing for things like a fundamental change in our understanding of the sun, but also gravity, density, and the early universe. Despite this, though, it appears that you've done little to deal with any of those topics in any serious way. When asked, you cut-and-paste links to articles from CNN, or hem and haw about how I'm too young to appreciate thise or that.

Without even starting to address these bigger questions in any serious way, no one is going to look at your fuzzy pictures and think "oh, there really is an iron surface to the sun."
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  13:42:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Mozina
Such filaments will also form across a sunspot as well. This is the way that plasma moves and flows. It's dynamic, and kinetic in nature. Tighly wound spirals form in the plasma. With enough current flow, they can wind so tightly that they ultimately z-pinch neutrons, and create fusion reactions and release excess energy as demonstrated by Sandia.

How much current flow, Michael, would be require to wind even a single plasma tornado so tighly that it begins the process of fusion?

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  13:57:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Time to close this thread due to length.

The new thread, Part 10 continues over here.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.