Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  21:30:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Halfmooner for president!

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  21:52:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I've stated before, if nominated, I will not run, and if elected, I will not serve. (Still, an empty White House sounds better than what we've got...)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  00:00:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Bill, if you don't like to drive trucks, Chick Publications has Tracts in Arabic! You can get a bunch, then go door to door in Iraq, handing them out! That should make for an exhilarating five minutes.

3 seconds tops.

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  00:06:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

Not me, dude. As I have said many times I supported the invasion and the search and destroy of any WMD's that we were told were still there. As I have also said many times that obviously the US military is not going to install a democracy where one is not wanted. As I have said many times before, I would have declared victory and begun my exit strategy a long time ago, were I in charge.

So your bed time stories to make yourself feel better go beyond your sky-daddy then. If in a postion of leadership, you would just 'declare victory' or declare you are great and be done with it, no need for proof, support, or even an accomplished goal, just "I win!"

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  01:08:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neurosis

quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

Not me, dude. As I have said many times I supported the invasion and the search and destroy of any WMD's that we were told were still there. As I have also said many times that obviously the US military is not going to install a democracy where one is not wanted. As I have said many times before, I would have declared victory and begun my exit strategy a long time ago, were I in charge.

So your bed time stories to make yourself feel better go beyond your sky-daddy then. If in a postion of leadership, you would just 'declare victory' or declare you are great and be done with it, no need for proof, support, or even an accomplished goal, just "I win!"

Hey, compared to the Bozo we've got now as President, I like Bill's style! Empty White House, Bill Scott, same difference. Either would be an improvement.

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  07:22:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I, for one, am eagerly waiting for the beautiful day when I'm admitted in the Kingdom of Sweden. Sounds a lot more fun...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  07:51:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Jack chick has long been a favorite of mine. Great parody, 'mooner!

Say, how come nobody ever mocks my hobbies? Now my feelings are hurt....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  08:33:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Thanks, Fil! Hey, I'll mock your hobby fer ya: Snakes! ('Nuff said.)

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/27/2007 08:33:36
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  10:43:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Say, how come nobody ever mocks my hobbies?
Well, everyone knows about the homoeroticism of snake-handling (a cigar may sometimes be just a cigar, but a snake is always a penis), so mocking it is rather boring.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  15:56:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

HalfMooner, great job. This may be your best yet. I love the random quotes by Dawkins.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  17:21:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, Ricky! When a project passes my "choking test" by making me laugh uncontrollably or spray coffee out of my nose as I'm working on it, then have high hopes. Though sometimes they pass this test, yet people don't find them funny. Then I just blame the problem on flaws in my own brain.

I do love to sprinkle unexpected non sequiturs into my humor. (Since I do the same when writing something serious, perhaps I should stick to humor.)

Ghost-writing for Dawkins was fun.

I love the Snakes on a Plane graphic! It makes it all so simple to understand.

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  18:40:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Because the cute cuddly pets you keep might object to us poking fun at their friend and feeder.

Plus, one of us might need a blood transfusion that contains high levels of several types of anti-venom. We wouldn't want to piss you off.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  05:19:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neurosis

quote:
So your bed time stories to make yourself feel better go beyond your sky-daddy then.

Huh?

quote:
your sky-daddy

Must everyone on this forum behave like a child?

quote:
If in a postion of leadership, you would just 'declare victory' or declare you are great and be done with it, no need for proof, support, or even an accomplished goal, just "I win!"

The goal was accomplished, numb nuts. We took down Sadam once and for all. We destroyed what was left of any WMD program, mission accomplished and time to get out. I agree with Dave W, we were sold on taking out Sadam and WMD's as the mission. Not installing a working democracy using the US military. We have accomplished the military mission. If we weren't so bogged down with that crap we could have already done the same thing to Iran and been home by now.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Edited by - Bill scott on 01/28/2007 05:28:10
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  05:22:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

quote:
I'm glad you have limits on your support of Bush,

Why wouldn't I? You're the one who supports a party by default. You have already demonstrated that on this forum.

quote:
and in your religious zeal,

And what about your religious zeal, sir?

quote:
when it goes against common sense in terms of staying alive.

As I have said many times on this forum, the initial invasion, all for it. Terminating Sadam, good job. Seek and Destroy any and all chances of ever having or making WMD's before leaving and then goodbye. Installing a democracy using the US military is a proven pipe dream.

quote:
Maybe there's hope for you yet, Bill

Maybe, but it's not coming from this forum.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  08:08:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, no, no, I meant my other hobby: making bongs out of liquor bottles and writing sneering, in-your-face letters to John Ashcroft. I sign them, "Washington Irving." Sometimes, I sign them "Irving Washington."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.