Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  14:13:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

quote:
So your bed time stories to make yourself feel better go beyond your sky-daddy then.

Huh?

Lying to yourself is more than just a hobby for you Bill its a lifestyle.
quote:

quote:
your sky-daddy

Must everyone on this forum behave like a child?

Is your god not your father Bill? Does he not look down on you Bill? Is he not up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky, Bill? Lucy is in the sky also and Filthy may know a little about that, so she would be a sky-mamma.
quote:

quote:
If in a postion of leadership, you would just 'declare victory' or declare you are great and be done with it, no need for proof, support, or even an accomplished goal, just "I win!"

The goal was accomplished, numb nuts. We took down Sadam once and for all. We destroyed what was left of any WMD program, mission accomplished and time to get out.

Sorry Bill but you are cherry-picking (another hobby I see). Sadam was not a goal and never really has been, he was a side accomplishment meant to enthuse the people. Osama was the goal, and he is still chillin'. Also, fighting terrorism was a goal, and it has only increased since the war began. Also, the WMDs were never there in the first place, that was a total fabrication to start the war, and that is how politics work. Since the administration basically knew there were no WMDs and had no evidence to the presence of WMD, the administration would have decided to leave if that were the goal, they didn't and that tells me that it was screen in the first place. Regardless, no goals have yet been accomplished.
quote:

I agree with Dave W, we were sold on taking out Sadam and WMD's as the mission. Not installing a working democracy using the US military. We have accomplished the military mission. If we weren't so bogged down with that crap we could have already done the same thing to Iran and been home by now.

Iraq is not interested in us going in and removing their nuclear technology for nuclear power or nuclear weapons. I agree that the US population was misguided in order to get into the war, but that was a screen. Invading Iran is going to be a shit-move.

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Edited by - Neurosis on 01/28/2007 14:15:52
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  16:54:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
I, for one, am eagerly waiting for the beautiful day when I'm admitted in the Kingdom of Sweden. Sounds a lot more fun...

I think that it really should be called the Garden of swEden!

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Scott
You would think with so much time on his hands a more noble cause could be pursued like combating world hunger, saving the environment, or solving the mystery of all those crop circles, rather then spending all hours of his days working on some backwoods comic strips...

I must finish this post quickly so as not to incur the wrath (and having to endure rafts of moaning comments) of Bill. And given that I've only posted once in this thread (as opposed to Bill's eight) I will have plenty of time to end world hunger...

Oh, and 'Mooner - thoroughly enjoyable.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  18:46:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
I, for one, am eagerly waiting for the beautiful day when I'm admitted in the Kingdom of Sweden. Sounds a lot more fun...

I think that it really should be called the Garden of swEden!

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Scott
You would think with so much time on his hands a more noble cause could be pursued like combating world hunger, saving the environment, or solving the mystery of all those crop circles, rather then spending all hours of his days working on some backwoods comic strips...

I must finish this post quickly so as not to incur the wrath (and having to endure rafts of moaning comments) of Bill. And given that I've only posted once in this thread (as opposed to Bill's eight) I will have plenty of time to end world hunger...

Oh, and 'Mooner - thoroughly enjoyable.

Well, those comics did do something good. They wrought a few laughs out of this pain-wrecked, handicapped, third-worlder young girl...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  19:41:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't express just how good that makes me feel, Siberia. Thank you so much!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  20:09:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I agree with Dave W, we were sold on taking out Sadam and WMD's as the mission.
No, you were sold on taking out Saddam. I never heard that was part of the mission until our troops were already shooting up the place. All I heard before then was that we "needed" to go in and get these alleged WMDs, and I wasn't sold on that, either.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  04:44:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is your god not your father Bill? Does he not look down on you Bill? Is he not up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky, Bill? Lucy is in the sky also and Filthy may know a little about that, so she would be a sky-mamma.

Currently, I am more interested in the so-called "Lucy's Child" fossil, a recently found example of an australopithecines that has a complete foot still encased in the matrix. I really want to know what that foot looks like, as does everyone else, but we will have to wait as the rock is slowly taken away. AiG has a lot of fun with Australopithicus.

If God created them in their final and only form, as we are told to believe, that deity is endowed with a rare sense of the ridiculous.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/29/2007 04:55:24
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  11:34:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
We destroyed what was left of any WMD program, mission accomplished and time to get out.

So Bill, I see that you're lying changing your tune now. Do you remember this post of mine: (http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7273&whichpage=7#109356) where I rebut your claim that there were any WMDs and that they were magically and mysteriously spirited to Syria?

So now you think that we destroyed the WMDs? When? Where? What? Sources, please.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  14:08:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fripp:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott:
We destroyed what was left of any WMD program, mission accomplished and time to get out.
So Bill, I see that you're lying changing your tune now. Do you remember this post of mine: (http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7273&whichpage=7#109356) where I rebut your claim that there were any WMDs and that they were magically and mysteriously spirited to Syria?

So now you think that we destroyed the WMDs? When? Where? What? Sources, please.
Fripp, Bill scott stated that we destroyed their WMD program. The presence of WMDs wasn't addressed in his above point. Whether Mr. Hussein had WMDs or not, he did have a program in place to make them. That program was destroyed.
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  16:01:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Boron10

quote:
Originally posted by Fripp:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott:

Fripp, Bill scott stated that we destroyed their WMD program. The presence of WMDs wasn't addressed in his above point. Whether Mr. Hussein had WMDs or not, he did have a program in place to make them. That program was destroyed.

That was my point exactly. If your goal is to destroy a nearly or completely non-existent weapons progam/capability and you do that, you leave, right? Obviously, then that was not the real point of going to Iraq, but instead a screen. After all, Saddam was a threat in that respect for years. I can almost see the point of going to Iraq for that reason, after all you wouldn't want another North Korea. What I don't see the point of is sticking around now. Bill's 'declare victory and get out plan' is a good one because of the words 'get out'. However, victory is not declarable. The 'war on terror' is going terribly. Frankly, terror is kicking our ass. But that is to be expected since terror trained under the concepts diligence and persistence. If our goal was to insure that the UN sanctions were being observed personally and face to face, we did it. If the goal had anything to do with reducing terrorism, demoralizing the terrorist organizations, making our world safer, catching those responsible for 911 (although a few heads have rolled), saving American lives (death toll of soldiers out ways 911), stabilizing the region, ensuring diplomacy with other nations and improving relations, or furthering Christianity or Atheism (Bill and Mooner have yet to show up on the scene) then we have not a semblance of victory.

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Edited by - Neurosis on 01/29/2007 16:02:36
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  16:17:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work HalfMooner. I enjoyed it.

The real question now is, which one is the better parody of reality?

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  19:52:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much, John. Wanna know my own favorites from it? Sure you do!

"I'M LISTENING TO SKEPTICALITY ON MY iPOD, SARGE!"

And...

"WELL, HAIL LORD SATAN! UH, WE ATHEISTS DO WORSHIP THE DEVIL, DON'T WE, UNHOLY JOE?"

And...

"(MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE ELSE, SOME GUY TOOK ACID AND THINKS HE'S AN ANGEL. BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.)"

With that last one, I had an original panel that I couldn't fit into my parody, so I had to make some lemonade out of that lemon.

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  06:59:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Bill scott stated that we destroyed their WMD program. The presence of WMDs wasn't addressed in his above point. Whether Mr. Hussein had WMDs or not, he did have a program in place to make them. That program was destroyed.

With all due respect, this is merely semantics. I believe that it is clear from the quotes of Scott Ritter that Iraq's WMD/WMD program was, for all intensive purposes, non-existant. Bill made it very clear in the other thread that he (Bill) believed that Saddam had WMDs that were sent to Syria. One could argue that having WMDs and having a WMD program are two different things entirely. But Bill made no distinction and, from the Wiki source, I demonstrated that Saddam had neither.

Additionally, Bill has again successfully hijacked a thread with a topic for him to thump.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  11:00:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fripp

quote:
Bill scott stated that we destroyed their WMD program. The presence of WMDs wasn't addressed in his above point. Whether Mr. Hussein had WMDs or not, he did have a program in place to make them. That program was destroyed.

With all due respect, this is merely semantics. I believe that it is clear from the quotes of Scott Ritter that Iraq's WMD/WMD program was, for all intensive purposes, non-existant. Bill made it very clear in the other thread that he (Bill) believed that Saddam had WMDs that were sent to Syria. One could argue that having WMDs and having a WMD program are two different things entirely. But Bill made no distinction and, from the Wiki source, I demonstrated that Saddam had neither.

Additionally, Bill has again successfully hijacked a thread with a topic for him to thump.

Others may mind, but I don't. Bill has successfully gotten his ass kicked yet again. This kind of success is fine by me.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  21:08:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am thankful to my brother, who today referred me to this posting, saying he thought I might enjoy it.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  22:31:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your brother thought you might enjoy your own work?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds.