Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  02:26:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:
Originally posted by ferhad
60 years ago peoples had used it if we revision in knowledge would be good better than . thanks ferhad
Ferhad, maybe they stopped using coal tar because it wasn't an effective treatment. Don't assume something worked just because people used it 60 years ago.

Coal tar is effective for a number of derm problems like dandruff (seborrhea). But it's a little smelly. It is still prescribed, nonetheless.

I don't think Dave put this link up yet: Dave's Psoriasis Coal Tar Page

You can't get more thorough that that.

Edited by - beskeptigal on 03/13/2007 02:32:24
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  10:33:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal
Coal tar is effective for a number of derm problems like dandruff (seborrhea). But it's a little smelly. It is still prescribed, nonetheless.

I don't think Dave put this link up yet: Dave's Psoriasis Coal Tar Page

You can't get more thorough that that.
Ah, good stuff. I was under the impression from ferhad's post that coal tar is no longer used as a treatment, and therefore was thinking of possible reasons why it would have been discontinued. But it would seem that modern medical science hasn't abandoned a successful treatment after all.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  12:32:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is pretty interesting. Weird tho....

I actually have some mild soriasis on my fingers. Well, it might be soriasis, I havent had it checked out. All I know is that its itchy, gets dry and scaly, and on the palm side it gets spotty too, it cracks and weeps in cycles in the same area and its been doing it for over a year despite constant moisturising.

Its too much of a pain in the arse to get to a doctor these days though

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  23:54:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dear vegeta Hi- Iam ferhad Iam glad you send message for dragon
web an other email I will answer your questions please write in private message vegeta is mal or femal how old are you what is your occuption and in home do you washing the dishes without gloves how is
constuption do like I send reply to dragon web page that all friends
see it or like receive in private email if you have an other question please write for me thanks ferhad
quote:
Originally posted by Vegeta

this is pretty interesting. Weird tho....

I actually have some mild soriasis on my fingers. Well, it might be soriasis, I havent had it checked out. All I know is that its itchy, gets dry and scaly, and on the palm side it gets spotty too, it cracks and weeps in cycles in the same area and its been doing it for over a year despite constant moisturising.

Its too much of a pain in the arse to get to a doctor these days though

Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  05:47:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi -dear folk s' one of my recommendation is you should be avoide using 1- antibiotic 2- parasitoid such as tablet ketoconazole 3- anti metabolite such as tablet methotroxate 4- aloe vira 5- anti inflammation such as dexypolorine for psoriasis this drugs might be recommende
by dermatology professor or his assistant and need lab test befor use and lab document
after use only adult age such as up 55 years oid can use it because effect to sexual system
and adventitious . about vine gar - when hand or other places part of body become painfull
every day two hour after eating the breakfast prepare this drinks mixed 3 spoon vine gar
1 spoon sugar one glass water and drink one time a day or befor the lunch . this vine gar is botteled in glass bottel and consumers using for salad . about soap and shampoo for pso
-cocoa butter soap . about bitter experience in pso . two years ago I used rose water in
drinks after 15 days appeared pso and I used drug for it. therefore . masteriales plantes
foods sadness problem can reappearance the psorisis . thanks ferhad
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  12:13:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

hi -dear folk s' one of my recommendation is you should be avoide using 1- antibiotic
Why not?
quote:
2- parasitoid such as tablet ketoconazole
Why not?
quote:
3- anti metabolite such as tablet methotroxate
Methotrexate actually treats psoriasis.
quote:
4- aloe vira
Why not?
quote:
5- anti inflammation such as dexypolorine for psoriasis
Never heard of that drug, and Google returns no results on a search. Did you misspell the name?
quote:
this drugs might be recommende
by dermatology professor or his assistant and need lab test befor use and lab document
after use only adult age such as up 55 years oid can use it because effect to sexual system
and adventitious .
And other psoriasis drugs have serious risk of birth defects, too. That doesn't mean that nobody should use them, it's simply important to know the dangers and act accordingly.
quote:
about vine gar - when hand or other places part of body become painfull
every day two hour after eating the breakfast prepare this drinks mixed 3 spoon vine gar
1 spoon sugar one glass water and drink one time a day or befor the lunch . this vine gar is botteled in glass bottel and consumers using for salad .
This sort of advice is worth every penny people pay for it.
quote:
about soap and shampoo for pso
-cocoa butter soap .
What's wrong with the coal-tar shampoos again?
quote:
about bitter experience in pso . two years ago I used rose water in
drinks after 15 days appeared pso and I used drug for it.
I'm sure it couldn't have been a coincidence.
quote:
therefore . masteriales plantes
foods sadness problem can reappearance the psorisis .
I can't parse that.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  05:49:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dear dave w I am appreciate for your kindly messages this drug in generic is cyclosporine
apologiz I have written masterial in which materials is correcte
The middle eastern women know that the importance of avoiding washing children clothing and usable diapers with chemical detergent is a proven fact. They washed clothing and usable diapers of their children with black soap which contains natural glycerin, they also should avoid of using sanitary napkins and diapers that contain untreated cotton. When the diaper gets used the child should then be washed with warm water, baby soap and then dried using treated cotton, then padded with baby powder, while avoiding the usage of any chemical products.
factors of eczema in kids are constipation –contarrinated air and other , when the kids play they like to drink water that this action constipated them therefore parents must tell to them that after play they must wait some minutes until their body be cold and they can drink the water they can not play in closed room on bed and furniture because in closed space air will be allergen for kids ,
Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  06:17:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dear folk s'
Hi - cotton such as wool has made from fibre .wool after clean and get ready for use we wash it. this case is nature of the wool that after washing protect property and condition
but in cotton we can not wash it. if we wash it changes natural condition and drying is
difficult and lose his weight and for factory owners that are supplying his products from
cotton is very difficult washing the cotton therefore for consumers admire they are
changing color of cotton with chemical materials .when cotton s' fibre break become so much pollen and pollen pass to skin and psoriasis and allergy begin .children diapress
and snaitry napkin near teen girls cusing psoriasis .for eczematic children we must supply
50*50 cloth and wash it with black soap or loundry soap and become dry instead of diapres use it . near eczematic teen girls they must supply 15*15 cloth and wash it and put it in
%1 cetrimide-C concentrated solution during 30 minutes and dry it .and use thanks ferhad
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  10:10:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

dear dave w I am appreciate for your kindly messages this drug in generic is cyclosporine
Oh, good grief. Cyclosporine, again, treats psoriasis. Why should people avoid it? If someone's psoriasis is bad enough that they need to consider major immunosuppressants like cyclosporine, a little vinegar and sugar in water isn't going to do much.

For the rest of the readers here, cyclosporine is used for transplant recipients to suppress the immune system so that the transplant won't be rejected. It's used in a much lower dose against psoriasis - again to suppress the immune system, which is what's causing the skin symptoms. Oh, and methotrexate - see previous post - is a chemotherapy drug that battles cancer by suppressing quickly-reproducing cells, and is used in psoriasis at a lower dosage to suppress our quickly-reproducing skin cells. Both drugs are typically only used when psoriasis is severe, covering more than 10% of total skin area, and thereby dramatically reducing quality of life and posing a risk for other complications - like poor heat regulation. Dermatologists don't prescribe these things on a whim, and patients shouldn't be overjoyed to be on them. ferhad's blanket statements that they should simply not be used represent irresponsible and potentially dangerous advice.
quote:
apologiz I have written masterial in which materials is correcte
I still can't parse what you were saying.
quote:
The middle eastern women know that the importance of avoiding washing children clothing and usable diapers with chemical detergent is a proven fact. They washed clothing and usable diapers of their children with black soap which contains natural glycerin, they also should avoid of using sanitary napkins and diapers that contain untreated cotton. When the diaper gets used the child should then be washed with warm water, baby soap and then dried using treated cotton, then padded with baby powder, while avoiding the usage of any chemical products.
Water is a chemical.
quote:
factors of eczema in kids are constipation –contarrinated air and other , when the kids play they like to drink water that this action constipated them therefore parents must tell to them that after play they must wait some minutes until their body be cold and they can drink the water they can not play in closed room on bed and furniture because in closed space air will be allergen for kids ,
You've got some truly bizarre ideas there, ferhad.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  05:55:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
we are using the tar in shampoo,soap and mixed in drug but without information about side effect of it .
(Tar).is an oily dark-brown or black mixture.it separate from the gases formed in the distillation of organic matter such as coal,wood,oils,fats and wastes of various sorts. (coal tar),is a by-product of the manufacture of coke
from bituminous coals.this tar is the raw material from which solvents,chemicals for dyestuffs,and basic products for many synthetic drugs originate.(ood tar.) is the by-product of the preparation of charcoal.the tar is one of the sources of acetic acid and acetone.it also is used to a small extent in various kinds of medicine.( gas tar).retort-gas tar is a by-product collected at various points in the the plants manufacturing illuminating gas from coal.oven-gas tar is the specific name for coal tar from retort-coke-oven operation.producer-gas tar is made when various coals are converted in to gas in" producers" by the aid of air and steam.blast-furnace tar results from the operations of pig-iron blast furnaces when coal instead of coke is used to change the iron ore to iron metal.water-gas tar is obtained as a by-product of the manufacture of water gas.(uses.) tars of various origins are employed for roof-ing,coverings,paints,the impregnation and preservation of wood ,adhesives and binders,road coverings and compositions and asphalt materials.the most valuable use of tar is a source of chemical such as phenol(car-bolic acid),solvents,benzene,toluene,anthracene,and naphthaene (.from the world book encycolopedia volume 17 chicago il -published 1953 ) .
recommendation the tar for curing the psoriasis is related to period of ten years 1940.in that time rail way installer companys used the wood from forests and installed under the rail ways before installing the wood they send to vacuum room ,after obtianing the tar and put out from set they send mazut to vacuum room only for preventing the wood from rottennes. this tar were industerial and valuble material for them , because they could exploit the gun powder from it.this tar in medicine and pharmacology is important because had prepared from alive plant ,some day or month or years ago was growing in the forest but tar from nephta or gas millions years were under the earth now have not property for medicine.tar from charcoal before puting out the tar carbon in the charcoal had burnt now for medicine have not property.today for the rail ways engineers are using reinforced (cement and sand) a tar that time medicines recommended( 60 years ago)were available in pharmacy and market.tar from every plant such as tree from forest or plant from desert have special property it self. perhaps that time ( 1930-1960) this tar effected to psoriasis and had cured it .so,this shampoo,soap and mixed drug are allergen to our body
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  10:21:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

we are using the tar in shampoo,soap and mixed in drug but without information about side effect of it .
And in all that text, I don't see where you've posted any information about coal tar's side effects, either. Anyone who uses any drug without being fully informed is asking for trouble. This isn't limited to coal tar, nor to modern medications, but to anything that acts as a drug, including natural products.
so,this shampoo,soap and mixed drug are allergen to our body
That's both unsupported and medically wrong.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  01:09:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Dave W.
Hello - I wrote .so this shampoo , soap and mixed in drug are allergen to our body .you wrote - that is both unsupported and unmedically wrong . in the last time doctors whose recommended
tar for psoriasis were known for them some tree in the forest have property that can cure psoriasis this materials are mixed in the tar .15 years ago my psoriasis appeared in my body that time I were
using coal tar shampoo today I hate from this shampoo and Iam not going use it again my question when we have many kind of shampoo from many kind natural materials and plants in the market if is necessaty we insistence (urging)about it ?
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  04:53:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All he's asking is for proof of what you claim to be true. That is what we do here Ferhad.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds.