Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  18:38:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Just happened to see The ISS zip over my house again tonight while walking the dog. Well, at a -1.1 magnitude, it was hard to miss. I just happened to be outside at the right time. Definitely had a "what the heck is that?!?" feeling for a moment.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  17:54:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
R.I.P. Crypt Kicker.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  18:14:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
Project Steve now has 800 signatories.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:42:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Well, it looks like I will be having dinner tonight with Jeff Wagg, Robert Lanchaster (if he can make it) and James Randi along with some local members of the jref forum. Randi and Wagg happen to be in town for meetings...

I'll let you know how it went...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:50:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

Well, it looks like I will be having dinner tonight with Jeff Wagg, Robert Lanchaster (if he can make it) and James Randi along with some local members of the jref forum. Randi and Wagg happen to be in town for meetings...

Damn. Talk about dropping names, man!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:54:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by Kil

Okay, you're right!

I'm going out to dinner with some people tonight. Is that better?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  16:16:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by Kil

Okay, you're right!

I'm going out to dinner with some people tonight. Is that better?

Much. Thank you.

Oh, please ask Lancaster and Randi if they'd read my Moonscape spoofs on them, will you? And tell them I invite rebuttals. (Yes, I do know how to shamelessly promote myself!)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/11/2007 16:23:48
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  18:46:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
Boy, I haven't been here for two months. Could be much longer before I become regular again.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  19:42:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Originally posted by moakley

Boy, I haven't been here for two months. Could be much longer before I become regular again.
What's up, Moak? Things OK?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  21:19:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message

Could be much longer before I become regular again.
Need more fiber in your diet?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  09:13:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Well, Kil? We're all waiting...

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  09:14:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Dinner was fun. We were arrived only a little late (rush hour in Los Angeles on a Friday evening sucks) but got there in plenty of time for chips and salsa and a couple of iced teas (Michelle had a margarita) and well before orders were taken. The conversation was lively and fun. The food was great. Most importantly Jeff and Randi added a personal touch that made us feel like old friends. Jeff came down to our end of the table and chatted with us for a while. We talked about the upcoming move from the Riviera to the Flamingo for the next TAM event, among other things. I happened to be sitting one person away from Randi, but do to the noise in the restaurant (very loud) I was not able to join in much of his conversation with those immediately around him. Oh well. Upon leaving, Michelle got a hug from Randi, maybe two. I received a handshake and he said it was great to see me again. Cool! Robert Lanchaster and his fiancé did make it to dinner. He reiterated that he had fun guesting at our chat…

Jeff said something about an outreach idea that would mean closer ties with the jref and skeptical groups like SFN

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  09:49:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Interesting. Can't wait to hear more. Thanks, Kil.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  10:27:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

What's up, Moak? Things OK?
Everything is fine. Took on a part time contract in addition to a full time contract. And I'm too old to cut back on sleep.

Thanks for asking.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  10:31:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
DoubtingStephen from the jref posted some pictures he took at:

Dinner with The Amazing Randi

He got a one of me and another of me with Michelle on page four. Michelle got some picts too, with her cell camera. But she is sleeping now so you will have to wait until later to see those.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.