Religion
 No more xtian nice guy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  15:28:49  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As if the religious right needed any more attitude!

quote:
Stine is convinced that American men in general, and Christian men in particular, have surrendered their masculinity to the shackles of political correctness, especially within the framework of the typical present day church. So he started GodMen as an antidote, to be a place, he says, "where men can be fully men." Or, as the posters for the mall event put it: "GodMen, When Faith Gets Dangerous."

http://www.godmen.org/

I'd like to remind Stine to read some history books, or watch some news for that matter. Faith has always been dangerous! Of course, he's referring no doubt to the opposition the xtian warriors will be facing, as opposed to their own actions.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 05/01/2007 15:37:00

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  15:36:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree. Christian men have always been wimpy, going all the way back to that Jesus guy. I mean, "If a person strikes you, offer them the other cheek?" What a pussy!

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  16:43:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO! The GodMen sound like a permutation of the Ku Klux Klan and are,
as well, very close to becoming like the AllahMen over in the Middle East who blow up people of other religious stripes as well as US military personnel.

Christianity's essential principle has to do with love, peace and helping others. These visionless, testosterone-glutted GodMen are neo-christianistic, I guess, who kick out of the temple any person who demonstrates consideration for others. I thought it was the money-changing crowd that was shown the exit by the inspiration of this splintering religion. Next, we'll hear these creeps denouncing Jesus as being homosexual.

I would guess that this Stine clown who describes himself as a Christian comic is trying to get his own stand up cable TV show on Fox Noise Channel; sort of a polar reversal of The Daily Show with
Jon Stewart and The Colbert Reporrrrr.

The only thing neo-Christians haven't tried to culturally usurp is America's truly native music: Jazz.

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  15:23:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"We don't want you....we need you"

Thatīs reeeeeeal macho talking!

hahahahahah!

Why do I suspect they are a bit homophobic?
And why do I suspect theyīre homophobic because they canīt cope with their own sexuality?

I might be being prejudist saying this, since I donīt know them personally, but it wouldnīt surprise me if they go gaybashing one day after jerking off in their "church".

Has anybody seen the movie "idocracy"?

Not a particularly good movie, quite funny on some bits. Thing is these guys somehow remind me of that movie.

Cheers!
perrodetokio

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Edited by - perrodetokio on 05/09/2007 16:07:47
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  16:18:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That must have been quite a circle-jerk, out there in Franklin Tennesee.
quote:
Three hundred men -- all Christian -- gathered behind closed doors at a Tennessee mall trying to figure out the difference between being "nice" (which is not good) and being "good" (which is). They struggled in the dimly lit hall -- after a Christian rock band handed it off to the comic in charge -- to make sense of the message they were hearing from the stage: that church has been "feminized" and that the Jesus talked about in many modern churches is too wimpy and gentle.

The men had to decide by day's end (that is, after six hours of listening) whether they were ready to take up the challenge of becoming a "Christian warrior" modeled on the "manlier" version of Christ they were told has been overlooked -- the Christ who took a whip to moneychangers, and used the word "dung" when he had to.

Their website is a trip. I especally liked the screaming meth-head picture. He looks like his cooking operation just got busted.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.