Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  03:18:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These Loose Screws guys (the real ones) actually planned this (as Marf pointed out) as a "forum raid." They must feel about as satisfied as did the James-Younger gang after their Northfield, Minnesota raid.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  03:50:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude said:

quote:
You have some things wrong. Most importantly you don't understand basic logic or this thing called burden of proof.

When you make a claim you are required to support that claim with evidence and then explain your evidence in a logical manner that leads to your conclusion.

When you make a claim, you have to support it. You don't get to say stuff and then dare people to prove you wrong, and then claim that because they can't prove you wrong that you are right!

How polite of you to go and prove him utterly wrong regardless of this!

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  04:01:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SilentKoala

quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

quote:
Larry Silverstein, the owner of the building, and the person who made the most money off of the 9/11 attacks, is on tape saying that he and the fire department agreed to "pull it" - a term used in the demolition field to denote the demolition of a building. Skeptics often try to use the ridiculous arguement that he was refering to "pulling the firefighters out of the building" which makes no sense since people don't use the pronoun "it" to refer to something plural such as firefighters
Unless, perhaps, "it" refers to a collective (e.g. a team or squad or regiment of firefighters). Also, does it make more sense for a guy to admit on tape that he wanted to have the building destroyed to make money?

Like I said, poor communication between the between the conspirators resulted in the inconsitencies of people's statements afterwards. He probably thought that the official explaination would be that they demolished the building after it had been weekened, because of the danger it then posed. After they all realized that that explaination would land them in hot water, they backtracked and said they had no idea why it came down or that the fires caused it to come down.

Entirely unconvincing.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  04:03:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
6. Perhaps the biggest smoking gun of all, the fact that the BBC reported the building's collapse 26 mintues in advance, while the building was still standing. You can see a recording of this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mxFRigYD3s

This is proof of media scripting and foreknowledge, and could only have happened if the authorities knew they were going to bring down the building in advance, via controlled demolition, and accidently press released early.
So now the media are in on it, too? How many people total were a part of this?
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  04:10:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everyone except silentkoala. infact we're all robots too. he's the only real human.

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  04:32:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I get more than a sneaking impression that really it's anti-Semitism these guys are pushing. That's at least an explanation for all these weird lies. Anti-Semites have been doing nothing but lie for centuries. From the Blood Libel to the Protocols of Zion, anti-Semites just make shit up.

I am not anti semitic. I have not mentioned jews. Why on earth would you draw that conclusion?

I have a feeling you are a wife beater. See how easy it is to make ridicculous allegations?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:12:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by j911ob

quote:

I get more than a sneaking impression that really it's anti-Semitism these guys are pushing. That's at least an explanation for all these weird lies. Anti-Semites have been doing nothing but lie for centuries. From the Blood Libel to the Protocols of Zion, anti-Semites just make shit up.

I am not anti semitic. I have not mentioned jews. Why on earth would you draw that conclusion?

I have a feeling you are a wife beater. See how easy it is to make ridicculous allegations?

I'm delighted to see you write that you are not ant-Semitic. Now, when will you stop being such an offensive, stupid ass?

A bomb truck with a mural of the 9/11 attacks painted on it? I have difficulty believing anyone is so side-splittingly stupid as to believe such nonsense!

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:14:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm delighted to see you write that you are not ant-Semitic. Now, when will you stop being such an offensive, stupid ass?

A bomb truck with a mural of the 9/11 attacks painted on it? I have difficulty believing anyone is so side-splittingly stupid as to believe such nonsense!

Well if it didn't occur, why on earth do we have that government report saying it did? And an audio confirming it? Are you saying the report is wrong?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:14:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must say that this is really a new one for us. It looks like a sort of half & half 'spread the word' / continued argument from elsewhere sort of deal.

Well folks, these fora are heavily evidence based; no one believes just on someone's say-so. And some of the say-sos I've read are pretty far out; rife with logical fallacies.

In the interests of trying to get some coherency, I will help. A study of these three links will vastly improve arguments: this'n, this'n and this little gem here. If you only open one, it's ok. They all flense off to the same thing.

So, carry on, carry on. I'm rather enjoying it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:17:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

I must say that this is really a new one for us. It looks like a sort of half & half 'spread the word' / continued argument from elsewhere sort of deal.

Well folks, these fora are heavily evidence based; no one believes just on someone's say-so. And some of the say-sos I've read are pretty far out; rife with logical fallacies.

In the interests of trying to get some coherency, I will help. A study of these three links will vastly improve arguments: this'n, this'n and this little gem here. If you only open one, it's ok. They all flense off to the same thing.

So, carry on, carry on. I'm rather enjoying it.

The logical fallacies are in every skeptic post, such as ad hominem. The bible of the "critical thinkers" here is the 25 tactics of truth suppression.

Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:20:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still waiting for some kind of reply to Dude's post

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:21:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vegeta

I'm still waiting for some kind of reply to Dude's post

Which post?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:23:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well if it didn't occur, why on earth do we have that government report saying it did? And an audio confirming it? Are you saying the report is wrong?

You've shown no such evidence.

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:26:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What part of:

"There were continuing moments of alarm. A panel truck with a painting of a plane flying into the World Trade Center was stopped near the temporary command post. It proved to be rented to a group of ethnic Middle Eastern people who did not speak English. Fearing that it might be a truck bomb, the NYPD immediately evacuated the area, called out the bomb squad, and detained the occupants until a thorough search was made. The vehicle was found to be an innocent delivery truck.”

are you having trouble with?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:37:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'm starting to smell a conspiricy of another sort. Lemmee think about it for a spell...

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.