Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:46:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All the building 7 "smoking gun" evidence is thoroughly debunked here, including the canard that "the BBC reported the building's collapse 26 minutes in advance."
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 05/08/2007 05:46:37
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:52:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

All the building 7 "smoking gun" evidence is thoroughly debunked here, including the canard that "the BBC reported the building's collapse 26 minutes in advance."

Rather than debunking strawmen, I would like to see the official report on building 7. I mean its only been 5 and a half years. No one can pre empt that report. Dr Sunder of NIST said last year that they really dont know what happened to 7.

If they dont know then how does that anonymous site know?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:08:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you should look up strawman arguments. You are not using that phrase correctly.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:16:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps he should look up Ad Hominem attacks too.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:32:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by j911ob

quote:

Rather than debunking strawmen, I would like to see the official report on building 7. I mean its only been 5 and a half years. No one can pre empt that report. Dr Sunder of NIST said last year that they really dont know what happened to 7.

If they dont know then how does that anonymous site know?

The "anonymous" site doesn't claim to know anything. Instead, it demonstrates that various arguments for WTC 7 being purposefully demolished as part of a larger conspiracy are entirely without merit.

Earlier, SilentKoala argued that "anomalies surrounding the collapse of WTC Building 7" were compelling proof that "9/11 was undeniably an inside job." Yet, the "anomalies" cited are anything but. For instance, he posited that "the biggest smoking gun of all [is] the fact that the BBC reported the building's collapse 26 minutes in advance, while the building was still standing." Yet logically, this doesn't make sense. Why clue in media outlets in on an event-- and thus expose your nefarious plans-- when they'd report on it anyway without prompting, therefore keeping your plan secret?!? It doesn't make sense.

Moreover, as documented in the site I linked to, the BBC reporter said at the outset that the "details are very, very sketchy." Given that it was known for hours in advance that the building was on the verge of collapse, it's not hard to posit a simple miscommunication (as often happens in live reporting of tragic events; again, see the link for details).

Again, it's that or posit that the evil conspirators faxed the BBC in advance to tell them: "We're going to blow up a building at time X. Be sure to report on it-- as though it were a part of the 'terrorist' attacks we're going to carry out-- after the building has collapsed."

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:32:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I would like to see the official report on building 7. I mean its only been 5 and a half years. No one can pre empt that report. Dr Sunder of NIST said last year that they really dont know what happened to 7.

If they dont know then how does that anonymous site know?"

Care to address this or will you just use my strawman accusations as a strawman?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:50:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"I would like to see the official report on building 7. I mean its only been 5 and a half years. No one can pre empt that report. Dr Sunder of NIST said last year that they really dont know what happened to 7.

Care to address this or will you just use my strawman accusations as a strawman?
Why address that? It's just a red herring to distract away from the flaws in SilentKoala's OP.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:51:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What are you talking about? You made two claims. First, you lamented that fact that you haven't seen the "official report on building 7." I didn't address that, but I will now: ask someone else. I have nothing to do with said report and am completely unaware of its status.

You made a second point: "If they dont know then how does that anonymous site know?" I addressed that here.
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  08:15:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SilentKoala
I refuse the find the simplest explaination? The simplest explaination based on the evidence is the explaination I have stated. The only thing that gets in the way of that explaination is your belief that the government would "never do such a thing" (even though it is the same government that protects the rigths of women to rip unborn babies out of their stomachs and throw them in the garbage at a rate of several milliaon a year, lies to the american public about everything, lied to invade a foriegn country, tortures prisoners, and has shreded our constitution and our civil liberties).

Hello? The government that lied to invade a foreing country, took away from you many civil liberties and tortures prisioners is desperately trying to TAKE AWAY WOMEN'S RIGHTS TO HAVE AN ABORTION. Guess they need more cannon fodder or maybe to score some points with thr religious right.

Sort your self out, please.

Cheers
perrodetokio

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  09:44:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, look now: SilentKoala's gotten himself in over his head and is requesting help from his Loose Change bretheren.

Of course, the guy who started this "raid" (jackchit, aka mark roberts gay spy) has abandoned his friends over here.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  10:06:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Oh, look now: SilentKoala's gotten himself in over his head and is requesting help from his Loose Change bretheren.

Of course, the guy who started this "raid" (jackchit, aka mark roberts gay spy) has abandoned his friends over here.

Ha! I found this to be a great quote:

"Theres nothing like a fresh new forum. They are even worse than jref though, They dont seem to present any evidence atall. We can totally dismantle these clowns."

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  10:18:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now j911ob is whining about being warned about starting new threads:
The forum has now threatened me that if i start any more threads there I will be banned. I started 2 threads about 2 different subjects. They are worse than randi's mob!
Of course, j911ob wasn't warned about starting "any more threads," but instead given specifics. I guess we can add "persecution complex" to his list of problems.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  10:55:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And now j911ob is whining about being warned about starting new threads:
The forum has now threatened me that if i start any more threads there I will be banned. I started 2 threads about 2 different subjects. They are worse than randi's mob!
Of course, j911ob wasn't warned about starting "any more threads," but instead given specifics. I guess we can add "persecution complex" to his list of problems.

Yes I was warned not to start any more threads aka censorship.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  11:13:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes I was warned not to start any more threads aka censorship.
Nobody said that you can't talk about whatever it is you want to talk about. You're not being censored. We are simply sick of the "thread bloat" that seems to come with this subject. With over 15 currently open threads about 9/11 here, surely you can find one into which to stick your thoughts. You're not being persecuted, so you can quit acting the victim.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  11:51:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ha! I found this to be a great quote:

"Theres nothing like a fresh new forum. They are even worse than jref though, They dont seem to present any evidence atall. We can totally dismantle these clowns."

Dismantle us, hah?

You really should have researched us a little more thourghly.

Fucking bring it!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 05/08/2007 11:51:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.