Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  12:36:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, SilentKoala has made another appeal. Amazingly, he writes:
quote:
Come help me out in this thread!

http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7970

It's a skeptic forum, so be prepared for some idiocy.
I guess our idiocy is enough to stump him in a debate he started?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  12:53:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This self-described "forum raid" by these guys is beginning to look as well-planned as Bush's Iraq invasion. Except at least Bush defeated Saddam. Not likely are these idiot trolls to cause a "regime change," or anything but hilarity, here.

Bring 'em on!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  13:10:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Actually, SilentKoala has made another appeal. Amazingly...
Even more amazing, he started a whole new thread over there for this second plea for help.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  13:50:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure, and it's really too soon to tell, but at the moment it looks like j911ob's friends have thrown him to the wolves.

Nice guys…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  13:56:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

I'm not sure, and it's really too soon to tell, but at the moment it looks like j911ob's friends have thrown him to the wolves.

Nice guys…

Oh im happy to stay. Its not like im locked in here.

Maybe they are busy focusing on this:

http://loosechange911.blogspot.com

Its the official press release for final cut. Its a doozy.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:05:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob asked:
quote:
What post?

This one:
In this very same thread, on page two.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:07:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

j911ob asked:
quote:
What post?

This one:
In this very same thread, on page two.

Sorry, im not responding to people that call me a freak. Im sure you understand.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:14:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by j911ob

Yeah, it is:
We know we are right, not just because of our evidence but because so much effort is going into frightening and silencing those that like us, dare to ask questions and demand answers about what really happened on that fateful day.
They're just asking questions, like any seven-year-old can do. Why aren't you calling them childish, j991ob?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:19:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

Yeah, it is:
We know we are right, not just because of our evidence but because so much effort is going into frightening and silencing those that like us, dare to ask questions and demand answers about what really happened on that fateful day.
They're just asking questions, like any seven-year-old can do. Why aren't you calling them childish, j991ob?

Nice attempt at misdirection. They have a purpose other than gettuing kicks on the internet. They are brave patriotic american heroes.

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:21:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob said:
quote:
Sorry, im not responding to people that call me a freak. Im sure you understand.

<POP!> goes my irony gland.... if you aren't responding to people who call you a freak, then why did you.... oh, nevermind, it is probably lost on you.

Anyway....

Thank you for your admission that you cannot respond to the points I make about your nonsense. Your refusal to play shall be taken for the admission of defeat it is.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:28:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

j911ob said:
quote:

<POP!> goes my irony gland.... if you aren't responding to people who call you a freak, then why did you.... oh, nevermind, it is probably lost on you.

Anyway....

Thank you for your admission that you cannot respond to the points I make about your nonsense. Your refusal to play shall be taken for the admission of defeat it is.

It wasnt my nonsense, your post was in response to koala. I am under no obligation to speak for him. If you want that debate go join loose change.

I will not entertain someone whos idea of debate is calling people freaks. I do not wrestle pigs, I only get muddy and the pig enjoys it.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:31:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice attempt at misdirection. They have a purpose other than gettuing kicks on the internet. They are brave patriotic american heroes.
The implications of your statement are clear: you know perfectly well how to fling insults without calling people names. Personally, I find the name-calling more honest.

Plus, the misdirection is all yours. This thread is about SilentKoala's theory of WTC 7 collapse. For some reason, you've made it about you and the makers of a film, instead of providing evidence supporting your claims about the collapse. In fact, the only time you addressed the valid criticisms of your statements (in another thread) was to deny and ignore the evidence I presented.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:36:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

The implications of your statement are clear: you know perfectly well how to fling insults without calling people names. Personally, I find the name-calling more honest.

Plus, the misdirection is all yours. This thread is about SilentKoala's theory of WTC 7 collapse. For some reason, you've made it about you and the makers of a film, instead of providing evidence supporting your claims about the collapse. In fact, the only time you addressed the valid criticisms of your statements (in another thread) was to deny and ignore the evidence I presented.

Erm I wanted to start a thread about the film release but alas I am not allowed. You said I could post my ideas in the current threads.

How did you interpret an insult from what I said?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:46:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Erm I wanted to start a thread about the film release but alas I am not allowed. You said I could post my ideas in the current threads.

How did you interpret an insult from what I said?
Still no evidence to support your claims regarding the collapse of WTC 7.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:46:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
j911ob:

If Dude had called you a clown, would that have made a difference? Is clown acceptable to you? Oh hey, maybe the idea is to do it behind peoples backs. That makes it okay, right?

Edited to add:

You know, right now I'm a bit under whelmed by this “total truth takeover” from you guys. What else have ya got?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.