New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  08:07:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Geckos breed quickly. Though they will try to con you into buying car insurance and are a favorite food of cave people.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  11:28:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Bones was incorrect. They were, to ruthlessly pick the nit, hermaphroditic.

Yeah, I just I found it amusing that he used the term bisexual

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  11:42:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vegeta

quote:
Bones was incorrect. They were, to ruthlessly pick the nit, hermaphroditic.

Yeah, I just I found it amusing that he used the term bisexual

Or perhaps they reproduced by mitosis like hairy amoebas....

Anyhow, I'm wondering if you want to get into this for a hobby or some sort of semi-commercial project. It might make a difference in the species' you keep.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  11:51:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hobby really, I like to play god

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  12:00:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cant wait for Spore huh?

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  12:14:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nah, have to make do with reality for the time being. Too bad I cant live for a few million years at least

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  13:02:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Then I might suggest orchids. Some of them, I'm told (never raised them myself) are very difficult, but others are easy. Worth looking at.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  15:32:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

How about pea pods? You could repeat Gregor Mendel's experiments. Since he was a monk, there is a far-flung god aspect to it too.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  15:44:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whatever you breed, try to place the population under some kind of pressure to adapt or die.

William Behe testified at Dover that evolution in such an experimental context (he was specifically speaking of bacteria which lacked a flagellum made to evolve one), would be a disproof of the "theory" of ID, and a real "feather in the cap" for evolutionists. His argument was meant to claim the vital scientific mantle of falsifiability for ID.

But then Behe went on to wreck his claim of ID falsifiability, by also stating that, despite such a disproof, ID would continue to stand on the inductive logic of "the purposeful arrangement of parts." And he admitted also that neither he nor any other ID "scientists" had even tried such an experiment. Behe had better things to do with his time, he testified.

Stubbornly seeing a "purposeful arrangement of parts" will be the last refuge of these scoundrels. You may as well drive them to it sooner rather than later.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/09/2007 15:46:38
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  05:22:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whatever you breed, try to place the population under some kind of pressure to adapt or die.

yes...maybe some kind of assault course?

Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  06:37:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna go with ants, which may sem a bit tame, but they are pretty low-maintenance and not-gross. My goal is to build some kind of double habitat, which can be optionally connected to enable 2 seperate colonies to fight eachother.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.