Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  14:15:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by j911ob

Originally posted by Dave W.
Who made an idiotic comparison to Rodney King?

I made no such comparison.

Yes you did, indirectly. You quoted Marfknox's entire post before you wrote the line mentioning Rodney King. By doing so, you put Rodney King in the same context as the Kent State Shooting.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  14:53:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Now back to original question that you misdirected us from. Why bring up 911 in this thread?
Actually, that's just a distraction from the preceeding question of why you would write such an insulting response to marf's post.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  17:46:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's pretty clear to me that j911ob is simply trying to get people's goats, in the spirit of the original plan to hold a "forum raid" to "dismantle" the "clowns" on these fora. He's been shown to have nothing, nothing in the way of evidence for any of his claims, and only employs insults. Disruption, not discussion, is the goal of the Loose Screws.

They've failed. SFN continues as the usual, grand three-ring circus, with j911ob's and his fellows' threads merely providing amusing freakish side-shows along the midway, illustrative only of the far limits of human bloodymindedness.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  20:00:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob wrote:
Who made a comparison to 911? You did.
I thought this same thing before I read this comment. I honestly don't understand what Kil's post was supposed to be a response to. I don't think anyone said that the Kent State shooting being an ordered murder was impossible or implausible, only that there is not enough evidence to say one way or another.

Dave wrote:
Actually, that's just a distraction from the preceeding question of why you would write such an insulting response to marf's post.
No it wasn't. He was responding directly to Kil's post.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Edited by - marfknox on 05/10/2007 20:01:38
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  21:10:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob:

That's true, I did.

After your rude response to Marf's well reasoned take on this possible Kent State conspiracy, you indicated that you have already made up your mind about it and anyone who thought otherwise is crazy. Crazy enough to not believe that Rodney King, thug that he was, was not a victim of police brutality. Well gosh, I love a non sequitur as much as the next guy. But if we are going to be comparing acts of brutality, why should I not take the opening to say something about how conspiracy theories are not created equally? I chose 9/11, for the obvious reason, as a point of comparison.

You had, after all, jumped head first into a pool that did not have enough water in it to make that leap safely. A little thing like waiting a bit to see how this thing plays out not only didn't cross your mind, but you were so appalled at the mere suggestion of waiting before passing judgment that you lashed out most rudely and childishly at the person who suggested it.

Your eagerness to believe just about anything conspiratorial, at least where our government is the bad guy, is your main malfunction. You have left yourself no way to assess the truth-value of any claim along those lines. Like any fundamentalist, you need your perceived truth to be the Truth and you will lash out at anyone who says otherwise. You don't deal in unknowns and uncertainty. That is just too much clutter for someone as clever as you and your friends are, now isn't it?

So yes, I brought up 9/11 because that particular conspiracy theory is a whopper. It was an attempt on my part to demonstrate to you what is plausible and what is not. And more importantly, and this is where it applies to your rude response to Marf's analysis, to demonstrate to you your unwillingness to be objective in the face of reason…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  03:22:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

j911ob:

That's true, I did.

After your rude response to Marf's well reasoned take on this possible Kent State conspiracy, you indicated that you have already made up your mind about it and anyone who thought otherwise is crazy. Crazy enough to not believe that Rodney King, thug that he was, was not a victim of police brutality. Well gosh, I love a non sequitur as much as the next guy. But if we are going to be comparing acts of brutality, why should I not take the opening to say something about how conspiracy theories are not created equally? I chose 9/11, for the obvious reason, as a point of comparison.

You had, after all, jumped head first into a pool that did not have enough water in it to make that leap safely. A little thing like waiting a bit to see how this thing plays out not only didn't cross your mind, but you were so appalled at the mere suggestion of waiting before passing judgment that you lashed out most rudely and childishly at the person who suggested it.

Your eagerness to believe just about anything conspiratorial, at least where our government is the bad guy, is your main malfunction. You have left yourself no way to assess the truth-value of any claim along those lines. Like any fundamentalist, you need your perceived truth to be the Truth and you will lash out at anyone who says otherwise. You don't deal in unknowns and uncertainty. That is just too much clutter for someone as clever as you and your friends are, now isn't it?

So yes, I brought up 9/11 because that particular conspiracy theory is a whopper. It was an attempt on my part to demonstrate to you what is plausible and what is not. And more importantly, and this is where it applies to your rude response to Marf's analysis, to demonstrate to you your unwillingness to be objective in the face of reason…

Evidence that rodney king was a thug please. Are you saying that vindicates the evil police officers' actions?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  06:17:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

Dave wrote:
No it wasn't. He was responding directly to Kil's post.
Yes, Kil gave j911ob an opportunity to distract away from the points in this post, this post, this post and this post, all of which preceeded Kil's. And now he's still ignoring Kil's point, and instead asking Kil if Kil meant the exact opposite of what Kil wrote.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  06:26:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob:
Evidence that rodney king was a thug please.

I'm sorry. I meant to say he's a model citizen.

Wikipedia on Rodney King:
On March 3, 1991, King, on parole from prison on a robbery conviction…

He was arrested again on charges of spousal assault in 1999.

In 2001 he was ordered to undergo a year of drug treatment after pleading guilty to 3 counts of being under the influence of PCP and indecent exposure.

On August 27, 2003 he was arrested again on similar charges as his 1991 arrest…

j911ob:
Are you saying that vindicates the evil police officers' actions?

No.

And I have no idea how you could have gotten that from what I wrote.

Also, there is a difference between “evil police officers” and the evil the police officers did. But that may be too subtle a distinction for you to grasp.

So I take it that you agree with the rest of my post.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  06:28:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Evidence that rodney king was a thug please. Are you saying that vindicates the evil police officers' actions?

You're not trying very hard, are you?

From: http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/kingarrests.html

King's Trouble with the Law Prior to His Beating

July 27, 1987: According to a complaint filed by his wife, King beat her while she was sleeping, then dragged her outside the house and beat her again. King was charged with battery and pleaded "no contest." He was placed on probation and ordered to obtain counseling. He never got the counseling.

November 3, 1989: King, brandishing a tire iron, ordered a convenience store clerk to empty the cash register... King was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, second-degree robbery, and intent to commit great bodily injury. In a plea agreement, King pleaded guilty to the robbery charge... He was sentenced to two years in prison. Paroled on December 27, 1990.

The Arrest of Rodney King on March 3, 1991:
After being seen speeding on the 210 freeway by CHP officers, King led them on a chase at speeds estimated at up to 110 to 115 mph. When finally stopped, King refused requests to get into the prone position and appeared to charge one of the officers. He was beaten and arrested. King was charged with felony evading. Charges were later dropped.

King's Trouble with the Law After March 3, 1991

May 11, 1991:
King was pulled over for having an excessively tinted windshield. Although King was driving without a license and his car registration had expired, King was not charged.

May 28, 1991:
King picked up a transvestite prostitute in Hollywood who happened to be under surveillance by LAPD officers. King and the prostitute were observed in an alley engaging in sexual activity. When the prostitute spotted the officers, King sped away, nearly hitting one of them. King later explained that he thought the vice officers were robbers trying to kill him. No charges were filed.

June 26, 1992: King's second wife reported to police that King had hit her and she feared for her life. King was handcuffed and taken to a police station, but his wife then decided against pressing charges.

July 16, 1992: King was arrested at 1:40 A.M. for driving while intoxicated. No charges were filed.

August 21, 1993: King crashed into a wall near a downtown Los Angeles nightclub. He had a blood alcohol level of 0.19. King was charged with violating his parole and sent for sixty day to an alcohol treatment center. He was also convicted on the DUI charge and ordered to perform twenty days of community service.

May 21, 1995: King was arrested for DUI while on a trip to Pennsylvania. King failed field sobriety tests, but refused to submit to a blood test. He was tried and acquitted.

July 14, 1995: King got into an argument with his wife while he was driving, pulled off the freeway and ordered her out of the car. When she started to get out, King sped off, leaving her on the highway with a bruised arm. King was charged with assault with a deadly weapon (his car), reckless driving, spousal abuse, and hit-and-run. King was tried on all four charges, but found guilty only of hit-and-run driving.

March 3, 1999: King allegedly injured the sixteen-year-old girl that he had fathered out of wedlock when he was seventeen, as well as the girl's mother. King was arrested for injuring the woman, the girl, and for vandalizing property. King claimed that the incident was simply "a family misunderstanding."

September 29, 2001: King was arrested for indecent exposure and use of the hallucinogenic drug PCP.

End citation:

Yeah, what a great upstanding citizen. Of course, that's simply my opinion. If you want him as your neighbor, good luck with that.

From Wikipedia:

"On March 3, 1991, King, on parole from prison on a robbery conviction, led police on a high speed pursuit, refusing to pull over in response to the red lights and sirens behind him. Finally, after driving through several red lights and boulevard stops, he pulled over in the Lake View Terrace district. The Los Angeles police were assisted by other law enforcement. King, who had a record of drunk driving and was believed to be under the influence of PCP by the officers on scene, resisted arrest even after being tasered, tackled, and struck with batons by four LAPD officers: Ofc. Laurence Powell, Ofc. Timothy Wind, Ofc. Theodore Briseno and Sgt. Stacey Koon (three whites and one Hispanic). He is also alleged to have lunged for the weapon of one of the police officers on site, although that event, supposedly being early in the altercation, was not caught on the tape. In a later interview, King said that, being on parole, he feared apprehension and being returned to prison for parole violations."

"they chased this guy for eight miles, they had stopped him, a female California Highway Patrol officer advanced on him with her gun drawn, which in the LAPD is considered a very dangerous tactic. Sgt. Stacey Koon of the LAPD ordered the CHP officer back and he took over this arrest. He then directed four officers to jump on King. King threw them off his back. He was sweating on a cold night, it was obvious he was drunk. He pointed at the sky, he called around, he made strange noises, he waggled his buttocks at the woman officer, all of these things. They suspected he was on PCP, and they knew he was strong." (emphasis mine)

"Q: So the LAPD, at least in the beginning, acted correctly?"

"It's the middle of the night. You have this guy acting very strangely. Koon did what he was supposed to do under LAPD doctrine -- they fire electronic darts of 50,000 volts. If you get hit by them, you don't get up for a very long time. King got up. They fired another volley, he gets up again." (emphasis mine)"

End citation.

Any more brilliant diversions, genius?

To filthy, sorry for the long links. I was short on time this AM.

j911ob, I want an honest assessment from you. How do you think this "Total Truth Takeover" is going? Do you feel that you've "dismantled" us?

To tell you the truth, the little "forum raid" (a pansy term if there ever was one...what a waste of time) of yours is about as effective as what I flushed away this morning.

But don't let my opinion stop you. Please, continue on. Your feeble arguments are hilarious.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  08:15:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

You're not trying very hard, are you?

From: http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/kingarrests.html

King's Trouble with the Law Prior to His Beating

July 27, 1987: According to a complaint filed by his wife, King beat her while she was sleeping, then dragged her outside the house and beat her again. King was charged with battery and pleaded "no contest." He was placed on probation and ordered to obtain counseling. He never got the counseling.

November 3, 1989: King, brandishing a tire iron, ordered a convenience store clerk to empty the cash register... King was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, second-degree robbery, and intent to commit great bodily injury. In a plea agreement, King pleaded guilty to the robbery charge... He was sentenced to two years in prison. Paroled on December 27, 1990.

The Arrest of Rodney King on March 3, 1991:
After being seen speeding on the 210 freeway by CHP officers, King led them on a chase at speeds estimated at up to 110 to 115 mph. When finally stopped, King refused requests to get into the prone position and appeared to charge one of the officers. He was beaten and arrested. King was charged with felony evading. Charges were later dropped.

King's Trouble with the Law After March 3, 1991

May 11, 1991:
King was pulled over for having an excessively tinted windshield. Although King was driving without a license and his car registration had expired, King was not charged.

May 28, 1991:
King picked up a transvestite prostitute in Hollywood who happened to be under surveillance by LAPD officers. King and the prostitute were observed in an alley engaging in sexual activity. When the prostitute spotted the officers, King sped away, nearly hitting one of them. King later explained that he thought the vice officers were robbers trying to kill him. No charges were filed.

June 26, 1992: King's second wife reported to police that King had hit her and she feared for her life. King was handcuffed and taken to a police station, but his wife then decided against pressing charges.

July 16, 1992: King was arrested at 1:40 A.M. for driving while intoxicated. No charges were filed.

August 21, 1993: King crashed into a wall near a downtown Los Angeles nightclub. He had a blood alcohol level of 0.19. King was charged with violating his parole and sent for sixty day to an alcohol treatment center. He was also convicted on the DUI charge and ordered to perform twenty days of community service.

May 21, 1995: King was arrested for DUI while on a trip to Pennsylvania. King failed field sobriety tests, but refused to submit to a blood test. He was tried and acquitted.

July 14, 1995: King got into an argument with his wife while he was driving, pulled off the freeway and ordered her out of the car. When she started to get out, King sped off, leaving her on the highway with a bruised arm. King was charged with assault with a deadly weapon (his car), reckless driving, spousal abuse, and hit-and-run. King was tried on all four charges, but found guilty only of hit-and-run driving.

March 3, 1999: King allegedly injured the sixteen-year-old girl that he had fathered out of wedlock when he was seventeen, as well as the girl's mother. King was arrested for injuring the woman, the girl, and for vandalizing property. King claimed that the incident was simply "a family misunderstanding."

September 29, 2001: King was arrested for indecent exposure and use of the hallucinogenic drug PCP.

End citation:

Yeah, what a great upstanding citizen. Of course, that's simply my opinion. If you want him as your neighbor, good luck with that.

From Wikipedia:

"On March 3, 1991, King, on parole from prison on a robbery conviction, led police on a high speed pursuit, refusing to pull over in response to the red lights and sirens behind him. Finally, after driving through several red lights and boulevard stops, he pulled over in the Lake View Terrace district. The Los Angeles police were assisted by other law enforcement. King, who had a record of drunk driving and was believed to be under the influence of PCP by the officers on scene, resisted arrest even after being tasered, tackled, and struck with batons by four LAPD officers: Ofc. Laurence Powell, Ofc. Timothy Wind, Ofc. Theodore Briseno and Sgt. Stacey Koon (three whites and one Hispanic). He is also alleged to have lunged for the weapon of one of the police officers on site, although that event, supposedly being early in the altercation, was not caught on the tape. In a later interview, King said that, being on parole, he feared apprehension and being returned to prison for parole violations."

"they chased this guy for eight miles, they had stopped him, a female California Highway Patrol officer advanced on him with her gun drawn, which in the LAPD is considered a very dangerous tactic. Sgt. Stacey Koon of the LAPD ordered the CHP officer back and he took over this arrest. He then directed four officers to jump on King. King threw them off his back. He was sweating on a cold night, it was obvious he was drunk. He pointed at the sky, he called around, he made strange noises, he waggled his buttocks at the woman officer, all of these things. They suspected he was on PCP, and they knew he was strong." (emphasis mine)

"Q: So the LAPD, at least in the beginning, acted correctly?"

"It's the middle of the night. You have this guy acting very strangely. Koon did what he was supposed to do under LAPD doctrine -- they fire electronic darts of 50,000 volts. If you get hit by them, you don't get up for a very long time. King got up. They fired another volley, he gets up again." (emphasis mine)"

End citation.

Any more brilliant diversions, genius?

To filthy, sorry for the long links. I was short on time this AM.

j911ob, I want an honest assessment from you. How do you think this "Total Truth Takeover" is going? Do you feel that you've "dismantled" us?

To tell you the truth, the little "forum raid" (a pansy term if there ever was one...what a waste of time) of yours is about as effective as what I flushed away this morning.

But don't let my opinion stop you. Please, continue on. Your feeble arguments are hilarious.

When did I say I was taking part in a forum raid or a total truth takeover?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  08:37:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice avoidance. Answer the question.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  08:38:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob
We can totally dismantle these clowns.

SilentKoala:
I've registered there too, I'll be helping with the Total Truth Takeover of this forum.

j911ob directly responding to the above quote said:
Ive seen your work there already. Good job.

That was right before SilentKoala bailed. His next post was a plea for help. Then came j911ob's misreprestation of my warning to all the invaders.

Since j911ob approved of SilentKoala's “total truth takeover” comment, by inference he can be legitimately linked to it.

He will deny that of course. Just like he denied misrepresenting my warning to him. He has not the capacity to admit error…

And as Dave and Fripp have pointed out, he almost never resonds to a post. He cherry picks a quote from our posts to divert attention away from what we are actually saying.

What a piece of work he is...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  08:47:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Additionally, I never stated that he said them. I merely asked how he felt this "venture" was going. His tactic was a transparent attempt to avoid admitting that he is getting his clock cleaned.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  08:51:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

Additionally, I never stated that he said them. I merely asked how he felt this "venture" was going. His tactic was a transparent attempt to avoid admitting that he is getting his clock cleaned.
Apparently, we posses the power of the clown. Not something to be underestamated...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  08:57:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way j911ob, so we don't get too far off track...

Do you or do you not agree that, on the basis of his arrest record, Rodney King is, by all definitions, a "thug"?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.