New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  09:23:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

By the way j911ob, so we don't get too far off track...

Do you or do you not agree that, on the basis of his arrest record, Rodney King is, by all definitions, a "thug"?

I dont care what King is. The police officers should have gone to jail. Im also glad King got a big payout and now has far more money than you or the officers will ever see.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  09:24:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

j911ob
We can totally dismantle these clowns.

SilentKoala:
I've registered there too, I'll be helping with the Total Truth Takeover of this forum.

j911ob directly responding to the above quote said:
Ive seen your work there already. Good job.

That was right before SilentKoala bailed. His next post was a plea for help. Then came j911ob's misreprestation of my warning to all the invaders.

Since j911ob approved of SilentKoala's “total truth takeover” comment, by inference he can be legitimately linked to it.

He will deny that of course. Just like he denied misrepresenting my warning to him. He has not the capacity to admit error…

And as Dave and Fripp have pointed out, he almost never resonds to a post. He cherry picks a quote from our posts to divert attention away from what we are actually saying.

What a piece of work he is...

Oh so anything I dont object to I agree with. Gotcha.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  09:36:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by j911ob
Evidence that rodney king was a thug please. Are you saying that vindicates the evil police officers' actions?

False dichotomy. The fact that someone doesn't completely agree with your position doesn't justify the assumption that they hold one completely opposite.

The statements "Rodney King has been a pretty lousy example of a citizen" and "Rodney King was the victim of police brutality" are not mutually contradictory, nor does agreeing with the first necessarily imply the belief that the cops' behavior was justified.

You're indulging in a kind of binary thinking, in which everything in the world must take one of only two possible values. That's characteristic of paranoid conspiracism, but it doesn't fit the real world very well, where most phenomena, physical or moral, can have any of a wide range of values.

Binary values are fine for making computers work, but they make a poor fit for the analog world we live in.

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  09:53:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont care what King is.

Then why did you ask for evidence about whether or not King is a "thug"?

Originally posted by j911obThe police officers should have gone to jail. Im also glad King got a big payout and now has far more money than you or the officers will ever see.

Obviously, you know next to nothing about the specifics of the case. But that has little to do with your OP.

Rodney King and his "altercation" with the LAPD have nothing to do with the Kent State shootings.

If you feel otherwise, then clearly state the connection and provide sources, please.

I ask again, in your opinion, how is this little foray here with your friends going? Explain why you feel this way and how this has been constructive.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:03:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's the way your logic has worked with what others have said. Are you suggesting that people shouldn't follow your example?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:29:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ktesibios

Evidence that rodney king was a thug please. Are you saying that vindicates the evil police officers' actions?

False dichotomy. The fact that someone doesn't completely agree with your position doesn't justify the assumption that they hold one completely opposite.

The statements "Rodney King has been a pretty lousy example of a citizen" and "Rodney King was the victim of police brutality" are not mutually contradictory, nor does agreeing with the first necessarily imply the belief that the cops' behavior was justified.

You're indulging in a kind of binary thinking, in which everything in the world must take one of only two possible values. That's characteristic of paranoid conspiracism, but it doesn't fit the real world very well, where most phenomena, physical or moral, can have any of a wide range of values.

Binary values are fine for making computers work, but they make a poor fit for the analog world we live in.

So why bring up Kings thuggery if its not related to the brutality? He didnt bring up other parts of Kings history. His comments were a clear attempt to minimize the cops actions by slurring King.

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:31:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

That's the way your logic has worked with what others have said. Are you suggesting that people shouldn't follow your example?

Yes I am. If I put my hand in the fire would you follow suit? Shouldnt you maintain higher standards than the freaks and nutters?

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:33:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ask again, in your opinion, how is this little foray here with your friends going? Explain why you feel this way and how this has been constructive.

I am enjoying the site very much. Im grateful to Jackchit for linking me to it.

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:56:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you are enjoying your stay. Perhaps you could move to the earlier threads you started and discuss some more about 9/11. The new information (new to me anyway) about the van with the painting of the attack on the side was particularly humorous. Please continue.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:58:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by furshur

Glad you are enjoying your stay. Perhaps you could move to the earlier threads you started and discuss some more about 9/11. The new information (new to me anyway) about the van with the painting of the attack on the side was particularly humorous. Please continue.

I will attend to threads as I see fit thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  11:07:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yes I am. If I put my hand in the fire would you follow suit? Shouldnt you maintain higher standards than the freaks and nutters?
Got it: you're proud of your hypocrisy.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:09:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob:
His comments were a clear attempt to minimize the cops actions by slurring King.

Actually, I thought those cops should have been thrown in jail. I was not happy with the verdict. And, I didn't slur King because what I said about him was true. King is not a hero. And that is a part of the Rodney King story, like it or not…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  21:17:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I missed this earlier...

His comments were a clear attempt to minimize the cops actions by slurring King.
...because that's a doozy of a mined quote. It's as if the rest of Kil's sentence, paragraph and post just didn't exist. Just "...Rodney King, thug that he was..." and nothing else.

That's right up there with all the creationists who claim that fragments of sentences from evolutionary biologists prove that those biologists think evolution can't happen. j911ob, you've obvious taken your lessons from Dembski, Behe and Wells to heart. You've got real skillz there. You're l33t amongst the dishonest.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.