New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:09:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, inflation in America is caused by the Fed when they increase the monetary supply. Sure there are other factors that can and do cause blips in the inflation graph; but the increase or decrease of money supply is the overriding factor in the cause of inflation.

Dave asked " is there a government in existence today which is zero percent communistic, in your opinion?"

Yes, many of the Muslim nations.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:13:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave said "But for point 10 to be "correct," education has to be combined with production, a point that you failed to make because you refused to define "literacy" the same way as the researchers you brought in for support did, and then you played fast-and-loose with their figures to arrive at your pre-conceived conclusion."

Exactly to point of defined learning exhibited by the study I showed.

I used the definition of literacy as defined by the studies I presented. I used the figures presented by the studies. I have a sneaky feeling you understood completely what I was pointing out.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:14:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Dave, inflation in America is caused by the Fed when they increase the monetary supply. Sure there are other factors that can and do cause blips in the inflation graph; but the increase or decrease of money supply is the overriding factor in the cause of inflation.
Right after the U.S. invasion of Afganistan, they experienced a nasty bout of inflation, so much so that people brought bags of cash into restaurants to pay for lunch. Such double- or even triple-digit inflation could hardly be considered a "blip."
Dave asked " is there a government in existence today which is zero percent communistic, in your opinion?"

Yes, many of the Muslim nations.
Name one.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:17:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Syria

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:20:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave said "Right after the U.S. invasion of Afganistan, they experienced a nasty bout of inflation, so much so that people brought bags of cash into restaurants to pay for lunch. Such double- or even triple-digit inflation could hardly be considered a "blip.""

Always comparing something which is not part of the discussion :the economy of Afghanistan during a war.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:20:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Exactly to point of defined learning exhibited by the study I showed.
That is an illiterate sentence. What did you mean to write?
I used the definition of literacy as defined by the studies I presented.
No, you did not. You insisted upon a definition that included much more than reading, writing and arithmetic, but then claimed that a study which did not go beyondsuch things proved that you were correct about American literacy. You conflated the meanings.
I used the figures presented by the studies.
No, you added two of them together and then made unsupportable statements about your addition.
I have a sneaky feeling you understood completely what I was pointing out.
You appeared to be pointing out the fact that you don't understand the study, which is particularly ironic since you're a dropout who claims that public school makes people illiterate.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:23:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I added the defined (by the study) levels of literacy of males and females and divided by two.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:34:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Dave said "Right after the U.S. invasion of Afganistan, they experienced a nasty bout of inflation, so much so that people brought bags of cash into restaurants to pay for lunch. Such double- or even triple-digit inflation could hardly be considered a "blip.""

Always comparing something which is not part of the discussion :the economy of Afghanistan during a war.
It clarified my question, which you are now not answering.

[/quote]

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:39:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Syria
Syria has a central bank and an economy mostly controlled by the government? You call that zero percent communist?!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:40:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When talking about 200 years of inflation data; yes, a war is a blip.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:42:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I added the defined (by the study) levels of literacy of males and females and divided by two.
No, you created a new category of "illiteracy" by combining two of the literacy levels defined in the study (neither of which were defined as being illiterate) and then you pretended your new category meant the same thing as what you meant when you first began talking about literacy, which it clearly did not. But now you're just trying to rewrite history.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:51:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Syria

Since 1967 all Syrian schools, colleges, and universities have been under close government supervision. The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Higher Education are primarily responsible for all aspects of administration, including curricula development.

Damn commies!

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:56:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Syria

Data from 2002. There are approximately ten banks operating in Syria. At present, the banking scene is dominated by state-owned domestic banks.

stinking commies!!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:56:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by furshur

Syria

Since 1967 all Syrian schools, colleges, and universities have been under close government supervision. The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Higher Education are primarily responsible for all aspects of administration, including curricula development.

Damn commies!

Please compare the 10 points of the communist manifesto, so as to ascertain whether Syria is a communistic state.

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:59:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are a De facto troll, a poor troll, but a troll none the less.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.