New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  18:58:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME
You deserve to be called an ASSHOLE.

Try not to whine.
I'd never whine about that, Jerome. It's merely the opinion of an moron.

(Note to Gorgo: This is the proper response. Don't actually care about what morons think of you. And I don't mean "say that you don't care but secretly care and bring it up every few weeks or so about how the admins never defended you." I mean actually don't care.)

Also, your avatar presents an ASSHOLE.

Try not to whine.
And you're still an f-ing idiot.

You respond with an insult to an insult?

Hummm?

Were you beaten as a child?

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  19:04:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hummm?

Jerome, as usual, you make zero sense and add nothing to any discussion in which you participate. Are you mentally handicapped? I mean seriously, are you home on some sort of mental disability you aren't sharing with us? It would explain a lot.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  19:22:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hummm?

Jerome, as usual, you make zero sense and add nothing to any discussion in which you participate. Are you mentally handicapped? I mean seriously, are you home on some sort of mental disability you aren't sharing with us? It would explain a lot.

You are not participating in any discussion outside of trying to find a way to insult people with which you disagree.

Here is your first post in this thread. Could you explain how this is part of the discussion?

For most people, life is a river. Events pass and flow by them, never to recur again.

For Gorgo, life is a cesspool. Slights are never forgotten. Events just spin and spin and circle back again.

Yes, Gorgo, I'm saying you really need to let go already, especially since whatever insults you've experienced here were entirely deserved. Own up to how people treat you already. How you are treated is a direct function of your personality, not others. It seems you still have not learned this basic social rule.

The SFN is not a playground, Gorgo, nor must they line the forums with foam so that your ego doesn't get bruised. And stop denying that you're sensitive. This latest outburst cements the fact that you are honestly the biggest whiner I've ever known.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  19:29:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
H. Humberts insults in just this thread.

You only had 4 posts and these are the highlights:

For Gorgo, life is a cesspool.

whatever insults you've experienced here were entirely deserved

How you are treated is a direct function of your personality

the biggest whiner I've ever known

It's merely the opinion of an moron

And you're still an f-ing idiot.

Don't actually care about what morons think of you

Are you mentally handicapped?

are you home on some sort of mental disability you aren't sharing with us?

Please explain how any of this furthers the talk.

Please show any post that you have made in this thread that furthers the talk.

Edited by - JEROME DA GNOME on 09/07/2007 19:53:50
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  19:43:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My comments to Gorgo were in regard to events which occurred long ago. It was he who decided to bring them up (again), which is a pattern you will see for yourself if you stick around long enough. Gorgo refuses to move forward, and it's getting old.

You, on the other hand, know jack shit about any of this. You just decided to open you stupid mouth and insert yourself into a situation which you don't understand. And why? Because you don't like my avatar? Jerome, I call you stupid because you are, for no other reason. So run along now. This doesn't concern you. If you want to continue to make a display of your ignorance, you can do it without encouragement from me. You know how little I think of your intellectual abilities. I'm comfortable leaving things at that.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  19:52:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My comments to Gorgo were in regard to events which occurred long ago. It was he who decided to bring them up (again), which is a pattern you will see for yourself if you stick around long enough. Gorgo refuses to move forward, and it's getting old.

You, on the other hand, know jack shit about any of this. You just decided to open you stupid mouth and insert yourself into a situation which you don't understand. And why? Because you don't like my avatar? Jerome, I call you stupid because you are, for no other reason. So run along now. This doesn't concern you. If you want to continue to make a display of your ignorance, you can do it without encouragement from me. You know how little I think of your intellectual abilities. I'm comfortable leaving things at that.

Do you receive points for insults?

12 insults in 5 posts. That is an average of 2.4 insults per post.

Are you compensating for that lack of anything in particular?

What exactly are you contributing to the topic of Skepticism and Politics?

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  20:53:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Warning Official Warning Warning

Okay, that's about enough that. Get back the discussion or I will lock this thread. I will not allow any more of this personal insult-pissing contest. If you feel the need to carry on with this, please take it to PM's and have at it.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  07:36:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humbert, I like your avatar, because I know what movie it comes from and what that scene represents. It is quite appropriate in this forum.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.