Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  22:43:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME
You deserve to be called an ASSHOLE.

Try not to whine.
I'd never whine about that, Jerome. It's merely the opinion of an moron.

(Note to Gorgo: This is the proper response. Don't actually care about what morons think of you. And I don't mean "say that you don't care but secretly care and bring it up every few weeks or so about how the admins never defended you." I mean actually don't care.)

Also, your avatar presents an ASSHOLE.

Try not to whine.
And you're still an f-ing idiot.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/06/2007 22:47:12
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  23:50:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats like a promotion for Jerome, because I certainly haven't thought that highly of him before.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  02:29:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This latest outburst cements the fact that you are honestly the biggest whiner I've ever known.

People like you and Dude and GeeMack getting into hysterics every other day about something, and I'm the one having "outbursts." Wow. Isn't that something called projection?

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 09/07/2007 02:38:12
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  02:32:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Gorgo

And here you are not only being hostile to me...
I wasn't hostile to you.

You said that I am abused, and that I caused that abuse.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  03:52:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

(Note to Gorgo: This is the proper response. Don't actually care about what morons think of you. And I don't mean "say that you don't care but secretly care and bring it up every few weeks or so about how the admins never defended you." I mean actually don't care.)

Now you're calling yourself a moron. Interesting.

No, it's immaterial as to whether or not I'm hurt. You see, that's my point. You seem to think that your emotional hysterics add some substance to discussions.

What they add is that they tell people that you don't think very much of yourself. You need to put others down in order to build yourself up. It tells people that skepticism is just something you play at, that you really believe in a fantasy world where everyone else is an asshole or a moron, and you're the only genius out there that's fighting for what's right and moral.

If that's the game you want to play, and that's the type of forum that the owners and moderators of this forum want, that's your and their business. I just want to know.

I keep pointing it out in the same way that I'd keep responding to the statement that "Humbert eats shit for breakfast." I'd ask Humbert if he really does, and if he thinks that's healthy. I'd try to find out what the medical community thinks about that, and would speculate on what's wrong with Humbert.

I ask why the moderators and owners are not only hostile, but encourage hostile behavior not because I need defending. I've left discussion forums before, and I'll leave them again.

The difference with this one is that there is at least the facade of trying to promote a certain kind of thinking.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 09/07/2007 03:53:46
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  06:48:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I understand now that you think opinions are hostile regardless of their intent, content or tone.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  07:53:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What they add is that they tell people that you don't think very much of yourself.
No, that's just your failed hypothesis. It isn't actually true, nor will it ever be.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  07:55:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I understand now that you think opinions are hostile regardless of their intent, content or tone.

I understand that you are circling around the issue without actually addressing it.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  08:06:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I understand that you are circling around the issue without actually addressing it.
It's okay to be afraid, Gorgo.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  08:29:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's okay to be afraid, Gorgo.

Of course it is. That's what I keep telling you. Your hostility is a rejection of your fear. You project it onto others.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  08:36:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Your hostility is a rejection of your fear. You project it onto others.
Tell me more about your fears, Gorgo.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:19:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Dave. I thought I remember you writing something about promoting skepticism and rational thought here. I must have read that somewhere else.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:23:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sorry, Dave. I thought I remember you writing something about promoting skepticism and rational thought here. I must have read that somewhere else.
I understand that you're afraid, Gorgo. It's okay.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:27:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You get the last word on the subject, Dave.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  10:48:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

What they add is that they tell people that you don't think very much of yourself.
No, that's just your failed hypothesis. It isn't actually true, nor will it ever be.

Dave and I understand your fear.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.