Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 Did Anyone Hear the 4th Amendment Crumbling?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  19:50:11  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO: Just THIS In, today, as I'm sure you've already heard about....

Eavesdropping Rule Change Is Significant

WASHINGTON (AP) -- For the first time in nearly four decades, a senior intelligence official -- not a secretive federal court -- will have a decisive voice in whether Americans' communications can be monitored when they talk to foreigners overseas.

OY Sez:

Religious fundamentalism is bringing fascism on more quickly. Christian, Hebraic or Islamic...takes yur churse...it still adds up to fascism.

Doin' the Ziegin' unht Heilin' !

What I really think is that this new law is something to cover stuff that's already been done and will continue to be done...lots.

And didn't we also hear, today, about some of our US military officers "garnering souls,"or would that be soul-juhrs (?), within the services.

The video I saw of Pentagon officers pontificating on their Christian duty is as scary as a sneaky terrorist walking into a large crowd with a backpack.

OY and very many Veys.

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

Edited by - Orwellingly Yurz on 08/06/2007 19:51:30

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  14:41:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know it's bad when even WorlNutDaily acts worried about it...

Though according to them, it's the 5th Amendment, not the fourth. I'm not an American, so I don't care.

(Yes, I know that remark's going to bit me in the ass eventually)

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 08/07/2007 14:43:22
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  14:58:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO: Well, I AM an American and, if you get right down to it, it also connects with the First, Third, Fourth and Fifth Amendments (from The Bill of Rights).

Privacy in communcation and information is what's making the crumbling sound that I hear.

Bush couldn't connect the dots by reading a simple declarative sentence 6 years ago while on vacation down in Crawford. How can he connect dots for anything now except for those of his political opponents and detractors? You know, like those nasty people who want to slow global warming and get decent US healthcare for poor people and children.

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

--me

--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  18:02:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to be so late in replying. Democrats in Congress who voted for this bill, even with its built-in expiration date, should have their feet put to the fire along with the Bushies and the GOP.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  19:32:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO: Here's a bit more on our proselytizing warriors in the Pentagon.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Pentagon_generals_in_trouble_for_promoting_0807.html

Orwellingly Yurz: Don't think these dudes don't want to fight the same holy war nut cases of other religions engage in.

Ha, the term "Holy War" is like saying "Cold Flame."

OY!

--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

--me

--J. Paul Getty

--Oscar Wilde

--Albert Camus

--Albert Camus

--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  20:18:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is especially creepy and troubling because it seems to me to indicate an intent to set up conditions to directly overthrow civilian, Constitutional authority with a theocratic military coup. Maybe this is Plan B, for use in the likely event the theonazis lose the Presidency in 2008. I think treason is being planned by some of these folks. This crap needs to be cut off, an its roots pulled up, right now.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  12:26:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OY: Down under they're trying to get away with it too....

http://www.guerrillanews.com/headlines/15003/New_phone_tapping_powers_in_Australia

YO!

--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

--me

--J. Paul Getty

--Oscar Wilde

--Albert Camus

--Albert Camus

--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  16:11:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The far-reaching effects of this could also be as a means to protect the giant telecommunications corporations from lawsuits. These companies supported Bush and the NeoCons in previous elections, and this kind of gets them off the hook. If they can turn around to potential plaintiffs who might sue when denied travel or voting registration because they called someone overseas, the telecom firms can simply claim it's the law approved by Congress and get off the hook.

Another admittedly further flung supposition is that a previously registered voter could possibly be denied entry to the voting booth in 2008 because they called their Irish grandmother, who is not in the IRA but has a brother-in-law who's cousin's son is a member and the FBI considers the IRA a terrorist organization, so calling grandma in Dublin leads to a listing of the American voter on a potential threat list that is actually leveraged to prevent the voter (i.e. Democrat) from voting. This co-opted tool used as a failsafe to all the other more usual Republican fraud diversions applied with previous redistricting, unsolicited mail voter applications, electronic voting machine manipulation, miscounting of veteran's votes, misdirection of people going to the polls and additions of minorities (i.e. Democrats) to red state felony lists. Perhaps registering as an Independent in light of the wimpy Congress cave-in might be a better idea. I'm just guessing.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  03:01:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had little respect for congressional dems last week... now I have none.

Bunch of fucking cowards.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.