New "confession" leads Roswell revival effort
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  21:13:03  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That respected, peer-reviewed publication, The SciFi Channel is pulling out all the stops to promote a revival of the Roswell Flying Saucer story, complete with a video of a purported Army Intel officer's purported confession.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/21/2007 21:27:11

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  05:43:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I LOVE the Sci-Fi channel! Seriously, Battlestar Galactica is an amazing series. They did a great job remaking it for the 21st century. They seriously kicked ass when they got Stargate SG1 from Showtime, it and its spinoff (Stargate Atlantis) are my idea of great TV. The new Flash Gordon kinda sucks though....

The stupid ghost hunter show is nothing but humor. A bunch of believers running around in the dark with nightvision cameras scaring themselves shitless... I guess ghosts only come out at night, in delapidated buildings with no power or lights. I never watch it, but I always stop on it for a minute if I channel surf through.

Their alien/roswell crap is kinda funny too. They get Bryant Gumball to host, have a few serious looking people dig some holes in a NM field looking for... well, who knows what they are looking for, they certainly don't.... and the whole thing is a riot.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  09:34:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A while back, I found this video on YouTube that was supposed to be a re-creation of an interview with an alien being.

If you fast-forward to 7:51, take a look at the gray-haired main sitting at the left end of the table. It's none other than Alien writer Dan O'Bannon!

"Nothing frightens me more than religion at my door."

-John Cale
Edited by - maledoro on 09/06/2007 09:36:52
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  14:30:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

I LOVE the Sci-Fi channel! Seriously, Battlestar Galactica is an amazing series. They did a great job remaking it for the 21st century. They seriously kicked ass when they got Stargate SG1 from Showtime, it and its spinoff (Stargate Atlantis) are my idea of great TV.

Hear, hear!

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  15:58:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by maledoro

A while back, I found this video on YouTube that was supposed to be a re-creation of an interview with an alien being.

If you fast-forward to 7:51, take a look at the gray-haired main sitting at the left end of the table. It's none other than Alien writer Dan O'Bannon!

That's almost certainly Dan O'Bannon. He must be the driving force in this low-budget hoax.

The interviewee on the tape seems completely fake to me. He talks in a manner meant to suggest a B-movie spy: "This interview is terminated."

I've known only one other person who spoke like that. He was a guy who was hired by a game company I dealt with, with an extensive CIA background. Only thing was, after he made off with much of the company's assets, they found out his CIA background was phony.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/06/2007 16:12:56
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  16:47:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Siberia

Originally posted by Dude

I LOVE the Sci-Fi channel! Seriously, Battlestar Galactica is an amazing series. They did a great job remaking it for the 21st century. They seriously kicked ass when they got Stargate SG1 from Showtime, it and its spinoff (Stargate Atlantis) are my idea of great TV.

Hear, hear!
Hear, hear!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  17:10:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last thing I ever wanted to see was a remake of the bloody-awful Battlestar Galactica. But my daughter made me watch anyway. I'm amazed how good the new version is!

Go to Top of Page

maledoro
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  15:04:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit maledoro's Homepage Send maledoro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner
That's almost certainly Dan O'Bannon. He must be the driving force in this low-budget hoax.

He seems to have a fixation on Zeta 2 Reticuli, as the planet where Alien and Aliens are set is part of that system.

The guys on my forum got a kick out of his cameo.

"Nothing frightens me more than religion at my door."

-John Cale
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.