New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  20:56:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Denials of backpeddling from implying woo, and claims of legibility, Jerome.

But I notice one thing: You still haven't produced a legible screen capture. If it's legible, you could easily show us. I earlier demanded you "put up or shut up." You had your chance, now shut up.

Reason one: I do not know how.

Reason two: Anything I capture will still be viewed upon your screen, thus there is not value added.

Reason three: Based on a comparison of your rendition of the sound and others rendition that have heard it; I doubt you would see the words.

I am not trying to make an argument. I just thought this was an interesting freaky coincidence only.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  21:03:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No, J, NONE of the words are anywhere even close to legible! That could be the Magna Carta being pointed to, as far as that video's quality is concerned.

Here's words that I think I can hear:

pipe
key
kick (or kit)
steal (or steel, or seal)
flame (or plane, or plain)
mud

I just realized, you heard 6 words when only 5 were taught in the lesson.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  21:40:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, funny that. The dozens of people I presented these 50 seconds to all heard and many saw the words. There was zero prompting outside of asking if they want to see something freaky with no further explanation of what they would be watching or the context of the video.

Forgive me if I don't believe "I showed dozens of people, and they agree with me! I'm right!'. Especially when it's coming from the same person who said:

The words are written and apparent on my monitor.

Which is just obvious bullshit. You try to play it off by saying:

Anything I capture will still be viewed upon your screen, thus there is not value added.

And this just demonstrates a lack understanding of how digital images work.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  23:18:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Denials of backpeddling from implying woo, and claims of legibility, Jerome.

But I notice one thing: You still haven't produced a legible screen capture. If it's legible, you could easily show us. I earlier demanded you "put up or shut up." You had your chance, now shut up.

Freeze the video on the frame you think is most legible, then press your "Prt Scr" key. This will save an image of everything on your screen in your PC's "clipboard" memory. If you have no other paint program, open Microsoft "Paint," and paste the contents of your clipboard into Paint. Crop the image as you need to, and save. Last, upload the image to ImageShack, and post the URL here.

Reason two: Anything I capture will still be viewed upon your screen, thus there is not value added.
It should look just the same to everyone with a normal, contemporary computer. My own system has very adequate resolution and color.

Reason three: Based on a comparison of your rendition of the sound and others rendition that have heard it; I doubt you would see the words.
You assume I would somehow block any words from my perception. I doubt that. Not only that, you seem to assume nobody else here, only you, would be able to read these words. (That indeed may turn out to be true.) Show them to us, and find out.

I am not trying to make an argument. I just thought this was an interesting freaky coincidence only.
It's certainly a freaky thread, but so far, you are the only one seeing even a "coincidence."

Now, let's see that legible text!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/11/2007 23:22:06
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  01:57:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe if you played the video backward, all would become clear and it's Satanic message would be revealed to the world.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

recurve boy
Skeptic Friend

Australia
53 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  06:15:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send recurve boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Hit the print screen key on your key board. Open up MS Paint. Paste. Save. The image.

Your screen shot will be what you see. When we all download it, if the image is somehow a higher resolution than our monitors (not likely), we'll just have to scroll. But we'll see what you see.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  06:46:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The more I look and listen, the more it's clear that the first two words are "kite" and "kit." In addition to the audio and visual, her instructions are revealing. Before reading the first word, she says something to the effect of "pay attention to the last letter [of the first word] and remember the sound it makes. If the first word is height, it's a rather unremarkable comment. After all, the second word, be it hit or kit, also ends in a t. But if it's kite, then the kids are being asked to note the difference between /kit/ as it appears with a final -e and without. The sound it makes, is, of course, nothing-- though it does add length to the i-vowel.

The other three are probably steel (or steal), plane (or plain) and must.

In light of this, though, Jerome, there's nothing particularly freaky at all. The teacher isn't offering words that, by eerie coincidence, describe (assuming the homonyms are correct, and when arranged in a different order than listed, and with some liberty taken as to the meaning) the terrorist attacks that were happening at that very moment. They're just words. The only thing interesting is your utter willingness to see the eerie coincidences and refuse to budge when it's challenged.
Go to Top of Page

Baxter
Skeptic Friend

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:19:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Baxter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

"We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me." ~from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

"We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know." ~Robert G. Ingersoll
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:24:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Baxter! So Jerome is wrong. Again.

Shocker.

Edited to add: Oh, and not only wrong, but caught in a blatent lie, since he claimed to be able to read the words clearly on his screen. Jerome, you are a dishonest liar with zero credibility. But we already knew that.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/12/2007 11:29:28
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  12:01:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, snap! I was right about the kite/kit thing, and also correct that there may be homonyms in play with steal/steel. The plane(plain)/playing was harder to pick up, but the image makes it clear and confirms that the final word is, indeed, must.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  13:15:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are code words!

kite = plane
kit = the bombs in the buildings
must = the plan is a go
steal = planes will be hijacked/stolen
playing = govt. will play with the public (lie to them)

It is so obvious if you just open your minds!!!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  17:19:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Baxter

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Great job!

I think Flithy had it right with the Rorschach picture.

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  17:20:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

They are code words!

kite = plane
kit = the bombs in the buildings
must = the plan is a go
steal = planes will be hijacked/stolen
playing = govt. will play with the public (lie to them)

It is so obvious if you just open your minds!!!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  17:21:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

Thanks, Baxter! So Jerome is wrong. Again.

Shocker.

Edited to add: Oh, and not only wrong, but caught in a blatent lie, since he claimed to be able to read the words clearly on his screen. Jerome, you are a dishonest liar with zero credibility. But we already knew that.

Petty child.

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  17:59:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty weak reply, even for Jerome. Called out for what he is, and he's got nothing. But the multiple "LOL" smilies are par for the course. (And pretty damned obnoxious)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.