New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

boomer
BANNED

6 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  21:00:00  Show Profile Send boomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3694881&page=1

Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards went after front-runner Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., Friday, calling her a "corporate Democrat," comparing top Clinton campaign strategist Mark Penn to former Bush aide Karl Rove and assailing Penn's ties to Blackwater USA, the embattled private firm of military contractors accused by the Iraqi government of firing upon and killing 11 unarmed Iraqi civilians last month.

A private army controlled by Hillary.

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  21:46:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would you please have the good sense to not post from Jerome's computer while posting something that sounds exactly like Jerome?

Besides, the real story appears to be that Edwards is grasping at whatever straws he can find to discredit the front-runner. A "connection" as tenuous as the one described in the article is pretty pathetic.

As I once explained to Jerome (who didn't understand) regarding Bush, it's a certainty that there are plenty of real skeletons hiding in Hillary's closet, such that there's no need to go making stuff up.

Edwards is obviously desperate, but what's your reason, boomer, for furthering this charade?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  00:42:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've said it before and I'll say it again: mercenaries are scum.

It ain't gonna happen. Hillary doesn't have nor can get enough private money to pay these assholes and they won't work for love or loyalty. Where did you get such an idea?

I think that when Bush & his pack of criminals are gone, Bilgewater's gone with them. Like mercenaries throughout history, they have abused their position and become anything but an asset.

Agreein' with Dave; what we have here is a lot of candidate hyperbole.

I am not enamoured with Hillary Clinton, although I think she'll get the nod. But she's one hell of a lot better than anything the so-called "Party of Lincoln" has come up with since Eisenhower.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  00:55:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by boomer

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3694881&page=1

Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards went after front-runner Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., Friday, calling her a "corporate Democrat," comparing top Clinton campaign strategist Mark Penn to former Bush aide Karl Rove and assailing Penn's ties to Blackwater USA, the embattled private firm of military contractors accused by the Iraqi government of firing upon and killing 11 unarmed Iraqi civilians last month.

Purely guilt by association, and thus a fallacy. The only way such association starts to become meaningful, Jerome boomer, is when there arer many duplications of it. Say, for the sake of argument, that half on Hillary's top campaign staff were associated with Pisswater. That would likely be significant.

Campaign strategists are often mercenaries themselves, guns for hire. They can be useful during a campaign, but dangerous to keep around after one's elected. You don't want to kiss 'em, because you don't know where they've been.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/06/2007 00:58:08
Go to Top of Page

boomer
BANNED

6 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  12:02:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send boomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am the wife of Jerome.

As my husband always says about the two major political parties: two sides of the same coin.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  13:21:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am the wife of Jerome.

As my husband always says about the two major political parties: two sides of the same coin.
I see that jumping to conclusios and ignoring rebuttals runs in the family.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  20:48:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am the wife of Jerome.
I can tell that you have no balls.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  20:52:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was that entirely necessary, H.?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  20:55:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw, I thought it was funny. Because, you know, it isn't Jerome, but a woman. If it were Jerome, then he wouldn't be allowed to post here.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 10/06/2007 20:56:02
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  21:06:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I can't say that I didn't chuckle at the double entendre, but come on, we're trying to upgrade our image.

At least my admittedly personal comments had some bearing on the subject matter. boomer's posts in this thread appear to mindlessly parrot John Edwards and her husband, despite Jerome's insistence that he wants to provoke thought. If they are examplars of what the Libertarian Party has to offer, then it is obviously just a third "side" to that same "coin" that they go on about, making this thread rather ironic.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

boomer
BANNED

6 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  11:43:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send boomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10062007/news/nationalnews/blackwatergate_linked_to_hill.htm

This is a long term relationship.

Further complicating matters for Clinton is that Blackwater's first contract with the federal government actually wasn't under the Bush administration. It was in 1998, according to company officials, when Clinton's husband was in the White House.

Go to Top of Page

boomer
BANNED

6 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  11:44:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send boomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

I am the wife of Jerome.
I can tell that you have no balls.

Has your mentality ever left middle school?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  12:00:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10062007/news/nationalnews/blackwatergate_linked_to_hill.htm

Further complicating matters for Clinton is that Blackwater's first contract with the federal government actually wasn't under the Bush administration. It was in 1998, according to company officials, when Clinton's husband was in the White House.
And, of course, everyone that has a contract with the Feds does the President's bidding.

Same old inter-party sniping, showing once again that the Libertarians are no different than what we've already got. Why not try something new, boomer?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  14:18:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Boomer, if I may beg a favor; your link is too long and it's screwing up the format, making the paged difficult to read. Here's a link that will shorten it:
Welcome to TinyURL!™
Are you sick of posting URLs in emails only to have it break when sent causing the recipient to have to cut and paste it back together? Then you've come to the right place. By entering in a URL in the text field below, we will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires.
It works very well.

Thanks!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  14:34:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's so lame about this is about four paragraphs into the article you linked, boomer, it says, "Penn could not be reached for comment, but Burson-Marsteller spokesman Paul Cordasco said in a statement that "through a personal relationship, BKSH, a subsidiary of Burson-Marsteller, helped Blackwater prepare for their recent hearing before Congress. With the hearing over, BKSH's temporary engagement has ended." Even in Edwards' own wording, any link between Clinton and Blackwater is tenuous: "his [i.e. Penn's] firm is representing Blackwater."

This is a non-story, and as Dave noted, an example of Edwards grasping at straws. Which is too bad, since Edwards has lots of good ideas, and should be working to get those out. Of course, when our vapid press corps focuses on scandal and things like the cost of a candidate's hair cut, one can see Edwards' frustration.
Go to Top of Page

Mycroft
Skeptic Friend

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  17:38:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mycroft a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy
I've said it before and I'll say it again: mercenaries are scum.

Have you ever met one?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.