Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  00:29:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse
...I used wetsuit, and I didn't find the smell of the rubber unpleasant...

I take it you never had a wee in it... I hope.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

TG
Skeptic Friend

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  07:27:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send TG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note that the coroner states in the autopsy header that the deceased's age is 51, while in the body of the report it says 41.

Doesn't anyone proof read these things?
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  08:03:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I keep have this picture in my minds eye of this poor guy saying jezzz chris while Mr. Garrison looks on.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  11:52:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

No, never had to.
Mom and dad bought it for me after a season of unusually frequent accidental baths with the sail boat. Typically, once I had the wet-suit my sailing had improved so much I never got it wet.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  12:30:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

An old pro's trick for cold-water work; as soon as you get in the water, fill the wetsuit up with warm piss before the water can get into it. It'll increase your stay time considerably.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  00:50:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.The more I think about this, the more I feel sorry for the guy. It's not like he was a Falwell or a Swaggart.

He was a friend of Falwell
apparently he was a Dean at Liberty University
from Pharyngula

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  02:35:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ghost_Skeptic

Originally posted by Dave W.The more I think about this, the more I feel sorry for the guy. It's not like he was a Falwell or a Swaggart.

He was a friend of Falwell
apparently he was a Dean at Liberty University
from Pharyngula

A friend of Falwell? A Dean at Liberty U? Then good riddance! I've just lost any human sympathy for the man. The more of the bastards hang themselves, the better.

His fellow fascist fundies are, in addition to total denying blindness, even screaming murder.
More details are coming out and he was indeed murdered at his home in Alabama while his wife & child were in North Carolina visiting a sick relative. It appears this is going to get more hurtful for the family by minute.
[My emphasis.]

And his church said:
At this point, there is very little information. Please refrain from speculation until the authorities handling the case reveal the facts. We appreciate your help and sensitivity while our church family and friends grieve. Our church would like to express our great appreciation to the authorities for their sensitivity to our loss and diligent work.

Our thoughts and prayers cover Pastor Aldridge's wife and family during this difficult time. We respectfully ask the media and public to respect the privacy of the family and the church at this time. We also ask the media and public to understand that our church has no further statements or information. Any and all facts of the situation will be released by the proper authorities.
Hilarious! "We ain't sayin' nothin'. Don't y'all go talkin', neither!"

I'm so glad I'm such a convinced atheist, because if I thought there were a Yahweh, I know I'd go to Hell for enjoying this so damned much.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  11:24:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

A friend of Falwell? A Dean at Liberty U?
Well, fifteen years ago. Plenty of time for him to have repented for those crimes.

I somehow missed, before, that a member of his church found him after Aldridge failed to show up for morning services. So my hypothesis about his top being off running errands was clearly wrong. But I'd still wager that even though there was no "foul play," there was someone else involved in this accident.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  12:11:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by HalfMooner

A friend of Falwell? A Dean at Liberty U?
Well, fifteen years ago. Plenty of time for him to have repented for those crimes.

I somehow missed, before, that a member of his church found him after Aldridge failed to show up for morning services. So my hypothesis about his top being off running errands was clearly wrong. But I'd still wager that even though there was no "foul play," there was someone else involved in this accident.
Agree. I've been wondering how he could have hogtied himself by himself. I really don't see any way that it could be done, if he were bound as described.

I wonder if his gentleman friend will eventually come forward and I wonder if he isn't a Jeff Gannon-style pro. I further wonder if he wasn't present when Rev. Aldridge expired and beat feet when he realized that the fun & games had gone awry.

This is a sick, sad little incident that wouldn't have rated more than perhaps a two column-inch paragraph on Page 12 if it hadn't involved a fairly well-known, locally at least, minister.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.