New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  11:45:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting rescue video. You may notice that after the car is raised to a certain point it starts to slide sideways instead of being raised further. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  12:45:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

You may notice that after the car is raised to a certain point it starts to slide sideways instead of being raised further.
The driver-side door swings open as they lift the passenger side. That door prevents the car from being tilted more.

Edited to add article about the aftermath. Wear helmets, guys.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  13:44:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are correct, good eye Dave. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  15:39:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I came across this money saving suggestions for families dealing with young babies. It's worth posting if it is of any use. It's at lest worth looking into. Maybe someone will find it's BS or not the best deal. SS

Members of Amazon Mom, a free program aimed at parents and caregivers, get 30 percent off selected diapers and wipes when they use Amazon's Subscribe and Save purchase option. "That can make Amazon's price-per-diaper pretty hard to beat," says Angie Wynne, who tracks the best deals at BabyCheapSkate.com. Signing up for Subscribe and Save means you'll receive regular delivery of an item — every one, two, three, or six months — but you can cancel a shipment at any time. A 192-count package of Huggies Snug 'n' Dry for Size 1-2 recently cost $30.65 at Wal-Mart.com, but the Amazon Mom Subscribe and Save price was $20.90, with free shipping. Assuming you purchased about a dozen packages a year for a typical 1-year-old, you'd pay about $250 at Amazon Mom versus $367 at Wal-Mart over the course of a year.

Edited by - sailingsoul on 09/16/2011 15:40:52
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  11:36:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everyone join in (in your own key) for an extended dance-mix version of "Happy Birthday to You" for Kil today.

Make sure it's got a disco beat. Kil loves disco.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  12:09:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Everyone join in (in your own key) for an extended dance-mix version of "Happy Birthday to You" for Kil today.

Yikes! And thanks!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  17:56:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  20:18:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Disco? Well, at least Kil isn't dead. H B Kil! SS

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  22:00:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Many secular congrats to you.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  22:54:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People around the world are celebrating Kil's birthday. SS

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  06:26:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just something I found through FaceBook, I just had to share.
I bet there are enough nerds here to appreciate this as much as I do...

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2007/mariogravity.shtml

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  12:36:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of gravity,Wow!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  13:19:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Speaking of gravity,Wow!
Cool! Not anything I would ever consider doing. But cool!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  09:39:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My second child, Eulabee Frida Wieland, born December 1st. 7 lb. 1 oz, 18 inches. I got home from the hospital yesterday. Both of us are healthy and recovery fine. *happy*

For those interested, here's the birth story summary: 12 hours of prelabor (mild contractions every 10 minutes. Started at 2am and I got no sleep that night.) 4 hours of more intense, frequent active labor at home, followed by trip to hospital. Epidural and 4 more hours of waiting for complete dilation. Pushing began around 10pm on Nov. 30. Tried for 2 and a half hours (with a break in the middle to recharge.) Baby's head was turned funny and couldn't get around part of my pelvic bone. Doctor came with the vacuum and we tried that, but no luck. Doc recommended c-section. During c-section, doc discovered that I'd had a uterine rupture (the scar on my uterus from the last c-section had completely opened up. EXTREMELY dangerous - can easily lead to death or brain damage of child and death or serious injury to mother.) Thankfully, baby's position prevented any damage to either of us. Had I successfully delivered her vaginally, my life and health would have been in critical danger. My recovery so far is very painful. However, I and Eulabee are both totally fine. And very lucky.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  10:15:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marf:
However, I and Eulabee are both totally fine. And very lucky.

Mazel tov, Marf! I'm so happy to hear that both mother and baby are doing fine. (The pain will pass.) And welcome to the world, Eubalee Frida!!!

You drive home that point that a home childbirth after a section is sheer insanity! I'm sure you will have more to say on that, that you haven't already said, later.

Thanks for the update. Take it easy. Sleep when you can. You know the drill!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds.