Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2014 :  11:26:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Swedish Pirate Party lost all both seats. The fascist xenophobic Sweden Democrats won two seats. All over Europe, hight wing fascists won many seats in the European Parliament. French Front Nationale got more than 20%, the Greece neo-nazi party became third largest in Greece. Everywhere in Europe fascists and xenophobes are getting the upper hand.

Fucking shit! Europe is going to hell in a hand basket.

I just want to curl into foetal position and cry myself to sleep.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2014 :  11:35:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Good going Mab! Sounds like your party might be a winner, given that there were so many people against the speaker for the other party.

You're forgetting that we don't have a two party system.

This election, there were 10 parties competing for votes, where the largest party got 23%. Runner up at 17%, third place 13%.
The nationalist Sweden Democrats got 9%. Which is 9% too much, thank you very much.
All other parties thinks Sweden Democrats stinks to high heaven, but since there were ~10% of the spectators at the rally agreeing with the xenophobic nationalists, them going to the polls really does make a difference for the worse.

I honestly didn't think people in such an enlightened country like Sweden could have so many gullible people. Buying into the lies like "beggars are organized criminals who want to steal Real(tm) Swedes' jobs" etc...
Sadly, I stand corrected.

Where do we go from here? I don't know, right now the world around me turned a (fascist) brownish hue of black. I'm feeling depressed.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 05/27/2014 11:39:51
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  06:00:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

The Swedish Pirate Party lost all both seats. The fascist xenophobic Sweden Democrats won two seats. All over Europe, hight wing fascists won many seats in the European Parliament. French Front Nationale got more than 20%, the Greece neo-nazi party became third largest in Greece. Everywhere in Europe fascists and xenophobes are getting the upper hand.

Fucking shit! Europe is going to hell in a hand basket.

I just want to curl into foetal position and cry myself to sleep.

Crap. Watch for Germans climbing into tracked vehicles.

Bad things happen then.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  15:37:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:(
Go to Top of Page

aionkinahvip
Spammer

3 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2014 :  01:13:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send aionkinahvip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, you said very good! I like very much!
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2014 :  07:22:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by aionkinahvip

Oh, you said very good! I like very much!

Said with a heavy foreign accent of a spam bot.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2014 :  08:31:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Worst spam-bot ever. No links to anything in its profile or that one comment.

I guess it might be attempting to get people to a gold-trading service for this MMORPG, but Google shows there are lots of different ones.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

skepticalover

12 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  22:54:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit skepticalover's Homepage Send skepticalover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing much ever happened with Russia...

Nail polish without all the carcinogens - http://www.metapolish.com
Go to Top of Page

energyscholar

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2014 :  11:02:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send energyscholar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a post about Debating Science with Trolls.

From the article:

'“Don’t feed the trolls” is sound advice, but I’ve ignored it on occasion – including on The Conversation and Twitter – and I’ve been rewarded. Not that I’ve changed the minds of any trolls, nor have I expected to.

But I have received an education in the tactics many trolls use.'

"It is Easier to get Forgiveness than Permission" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Edited by - energyscholar on 08/30/2014 11:04:23
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2014 :  19:59:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this your beach, Kil?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  08:53:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Is this your beach, Kil?
I learned to surf there. At that very beach. But as I got better, I began looking for less crowded places. Since I'm working in Malibu now, I see it everyday as I pass by it.

Lots of good memories come from that beach. We were the "second point gang."

I would not have done what Hamilton did. He's a big wave rider (much much bigger waves than Malibu ever gets) and a risk taker. He's considered to be the best big wave rider in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF5tWOcc6Is

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  21:42:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Lots of good memories come from that beach. We were the "second point gang."
Well, great. I didn't know I'd been associating with a known gang member.

In other news, The Kennewick Man Finally Freed to Share His Secrets:
In the summer of 1996, two college students in Kennewick, Washington, stumbled on a human skull while wading in the shallows along the Columbia River. They called the police. The police brought in the Benton County coroner, Floyd Johnson, who was puzzled by the skull, and he in turn contacted James Chatters, a local archaeologist. Chatters and the coroner returned to the site and, in the dying light of evening, plucked almost an entire skeleton from the mud and sand. They carried the bones back to Chatters’ lab and spread them out on a table.

The skull, while clearly old, did not look Native American. At first glance, Chatters thought it might belong to an early pioneer or trapper. But the teeth were cavity-free (signaling a diet low in sugar and starch) and worn down to the roots—a combination characteristic of prehistoric teeth. Chatters then noted something embedded in the hipbone. It proved to be a stone spearpoint, which seemed to clinch that the remains were prehistoric. He sent a bone sample off for carbon dating. The results: It was more than 9,000 years old.

Thus began the saga of Kennewick Man, one of the oldest skeletons ever found in the Americas and an object of deep fascination from the moment it was discovered. It is among the most contested set of remains on the continents as well. Now, though, after two decades, the dappled, pale brown bones are at last about to come into sharp focus...

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  10:22:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Firefly fans: LootCrate is producing a fan-made, 15-minute show called The Verse, about a different ship and crew. It ain't bad.

H/T Phil Plait.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2014 :  11:09:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Firefly fans: LootCrate is producing a fan-made, 15-minute show called The Verse, about a different ship and crew. It ain't bad.

H/T Phil Plait.
I concur...

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  18:56:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving, 'Mericans:

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds.